Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-13-2013, 06:32 AM   #31
pikecubic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: jazza Dickens v Kid Galahad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post
Wale & Booth are both more experienced & accomplished than Dickens, who has only faced one opponent with a winning record & has never been beyond 8 rounds.
defo less talented kids though imo
pikecubic is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2013, 09:18 AM   #32
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I don't know what brought you to the conclusion that Wale iss more accomplished than Dickens. He's a tough kid but he's lost any time he's stepped up. Dickens has looked far more convincing and threatening in his wins, even if they have came against weak opposition.

Clearly Booth is more experienced but it doesn't make him a decent opponent does it? He's been beyond shot for a while now and I don't think any real boxing fan thought he would test Galahad in that. I don't think I'm making any outrageous statement saying that Dickens would be the most challenging opponent Galahad would've faced up to this point. I certainly think Jazza would comfortably beat Wale & that version of Booth.
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 09:20 AM   #33
pikecubic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Clearly Hennessey didnt want the fight says it all really.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:35 AM   #34
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post
I don't know what brought you to the conclusion that Wale iss more accomplished than Dickens. He's a tough kid but he's lost any time he's stepped up. Dickens has looked far more convincing and threatening in his wins, even if they have came against weak opposition.

Clearly Booth is more experienced but it doesn't make him a decent opponent does it? He's been beyond shot for a while now and I don't think any real boxing fan thought he would test Galahad in that. I don't think I'm making any outrageous statement saying that Dickens would be the most challenging opponent Galahad would've faced up to this point. I certainly think Jazza would comfortably beat Wale & that version of Booth.
Wale has been in prizefighter, has fought for titles & fought far tougher opposition.

Dickens has only faced journeymen with losing records bar his last opponent. How on earth is he more accomplished than Wale?
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #35
S_o_F
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 520

Quote:
How on earth is he more accomplished than Wale?
Because he has more talent and is a better boxer then Wale and will go further in the sport?
S_o_F is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #36
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Wale has been in prizefighter, has fought for titles & fought far tougher opposition.

Dickens has only faced journeymen with losing records bar his last opponent. How on earth is he more accomplished than Wale?
Fought in them? Yes. Won any of them? No. Peter Buckley fought some of the best prospects in Britain for years, it doesn't make him an 'accomplished' opponent does it?

Dickens has looked far better in beating these nobodies than I ever remember Wale being and I saw a bit of him early on. I don't really get what point you're trying to make here but I think it's pretty clear Dickens is a harder opponent for him than Wale is.
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 09:57 AM   #37
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post
Fought in them? Yes. Won any of them? No. Peter Buckley fought some of the best prospects in Britain for years, it doesn't make him an 'accomplished' opponent does it?

Dickens has looked far better in beating these nobodies than I ever remember Wale being and I saw a bit of him early on. I don't really get what point you're trying to make here but I think it's pretty clear Dickens is a harder opponent for him than Wale is.
The point I'm trying to make is that Dickens, an untested prospect hasnt done as much in the sport as Wale has.

It seems obvious to me; one guy has fought for English & British titles & been in Prizefighter, the other guy has only had 2 8 rounders in 13 fights against low-level opposition.
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 10:05 AM   #38
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
The point I'm trying to make is that Dickens, an untested prospect hasnt done as much in the sport as Wale has.

It seems obvious to me; one guy has fought for English & British titles & been in Prizefighter, the other guy has only had 2 8 rounders in 13 fights against low-level opposition.
Well I'd argue that Dickens' win over Varela being better than any of Wale's (I'm not counting a Prizefighter decision over a completely shot Pickering) plus the fact he is unbeaten and has yet to find his level, as Wale has from clearly being found out to be below domestic class, makes him certainly more legitimate as an opponent than Wale.

Who do you think would win between Wale and Dickens?
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #39
pikecubic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Wale got battered by Galahad who is swerving dickens. Simple as tha lad.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #40
Dennison
Guru
ESB Addict

How can you stick up for Wale and say he's better than Dickens? Wale is very brave and a not bad fighter, but Dickens would beat him currently
Dennison is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #41
Makeveli
Journeyman

Does anyone know who the next opponent will be have the board said anything today

Just wish fat Mick and Galahad , had of said they didn't want the fight a month ago in order to have not held 2013 fights up for jazza
Makeveli is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #42
Box4life
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Galahad is a shit house!!!
Box4life is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #43
Makeveli
Journeyman

That seems to be the case
He was telling people on Twitter the other week he would beat jazza any place any time / talk is cheap hey !
Makeveli is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2013, 03:41 PM   #44
pikecubic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeveli View Post
That seems to be the case
He was telling people on Twitter the other week he would beat jazza any place any time / talk is cheap hey !

This is why I dislike him, hes a massive gobshite, got no time for them sort of guys. Hes trying too hard to be nas. And clearly when it comes to the crunch he dont wannit.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #45
McGuinty
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikecubic View Post
No worries. Hes had very little exposure hes with hatton promotions so hasnt had many televised fights.
I guessed that when I checked his last fight on Boxrec. It was on Primetime, a channel I dont have. Nice one for that pal, I'll keep an eye out.
McGuinty is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum