boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 02-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #3181
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

I'll try to sort it tonight but have a lot on.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2013, 11:02 PM   #3182
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

I´m watching Loughran vs Walker right now.....
I´ve been unfair with Walker in the past saying that he didn´t look good on film and stuff......he actually looks good, that left hook is beautiful and in the Hudkins fight we can see that he was wuite versatile as well....

IMHO he looks better than Loughran actually, quite an unpopular opinion perhaps but he looks more fluid and confortable in his style in my view.....Loughran´s jab is class though.
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2013, 01:04 AM   #3183
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
yeah I have seen the highlights but the full fight must be knocking about.

Basilio v Saxton 1

It was a robbery, I had it 10-5 Basilio. It actually reminded me of a high octane version of mundine v geale 2. Saxton tried being negative but his defence was too porous so even though he landed clean shots, Basilio would get in with huge clubbing blows and bully him, then when Saxton tried exchanging, Basilio would walk through him and out punch him.

Some rounds Saxton looked good snapping the jab, fast hard combos and getting out of range, but too often he left his chin out and Basilio made him pay. I can't see an argument for Saxton winning this one to be honest.
I've only seen the other Basilio-Saxon fights. Was the first as action packed as them?
Bill1234 is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 07:23 AM   #3184
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1234 View Post
I've only seen the other Basilio-Saxon fights. Was the first as action packed as them?
not quite imo but a good fight none the less.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #3185
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP

Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
vCash: 1139

Jackson-Norris

Loving jackson lately and this only confirms why. As dominant as norris was in the first round, that one right hand was a thing of beauty and the great equalizer

For the first 3 minutes, norris was amazing. His timing, movement and combos were the definition of sharp. Then in the second, jackson started working the body...i love jackson's body attack. It's not a typical body attack. He basically throws the same ****ing punches just a bit lower

Either way, norris started moving straight back more than laterally and jackson took advantage. I love the little loop his right has, bit of a hook at times
Jorodz is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #3186
Lester1583
Can you hear this?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
Eder Jofre vs. Jose Medel I

Great little s**** between two great boxers. Jofre was a gritty customer.
Excellent fight.

Medel was no slouch either - a very dangerous fighter with a deceptive record.

Jofre is a great complete all-around fighter.

In my opinion, the only real knock on him is lack of speed.

It's easy to understand why so many people rate him as the best H2H fighter in the division.
A safe pick.

I like Panama Al's chances against Jofre - he looks great on film - fast, great movement, an iron chin, can hit.

But the lack of footage hurts him.

Last edited by Lester1583; 02-16-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Lester1583 is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 04:00 PM   #3187
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

Medel made Jofre feel the hardest punch he ever took, according to his own words. A left hook in the liver....
Old 02-17-2013, 09:14 AM   #3188
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

Tyson-Ruddock I
Curry-McCrory
Toney-McCallum I
Leonard-Hearns I
Trinidad-Campas

Just about to watch Whitaker-Nelson and Whitaker-Trinidad.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2013, 05:37 AM   #3189
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

chavez v randall 2.

Strange fight this in where randall won rounds big whenever he opened up but when the pace slowed chavez seemed to be more comfortable on the back foot. I don't think chavez won any big rounds and the one's that randall won he did win emphatically.

that being said out of the 8 rounds I had them 4 rounds a piece with the point deduction meaning chavez took a 1 point victory. It was a bit disappointing and somewhat inconclusive with another fight needed really to to put the matter to bed.

very close fight round by round with randall looking better in terms of the big picture. chavez was really here for the taking though and there were times when he was shipping 6 point combinations and it seems silly that randall would let the pace slow and give rounds away. I'm not sure how much I agree with the wbc rule but both were aware of it and we can't retrospectively change a fights rule set.

Good fight though but one I do agree with the official result in.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2013, 05:21 PM   #3190
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

I felt Floyd dominated that fight in first gear. His show of defence was just that; a showcase against a limited opponent.

Ndou wasn't that bad, he could whack a bit and was a good amateur IIRC. But Floyd took him to school from what I remember, although it was fun because of Ndou's gameness.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 01:32 AM   #3191
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

DLH vs Quartey.

DLH - 1, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 (10-
Quartey - 2, 3, 4, 7
even - 6

I´ve scored differently this fight before, but I think is fair to say that DLH ended stronger, the last rounds were big for him....Quartey was clearly the winner in the rounds I gave to him, all the close ones I thought would be more fair to score for DLH because he was busier and landed slightly better punches...
Old 02-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #3192
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Hernandez v Ross

Had YPH just squeaking past Ross here 7-5. It had a lot of good rounds but a lot of **** rounds also. Ross didn't box too well and for large stretches of rounds he was getting stuck on the end of the jab. However he did have the power to **** up YPH and had he had more in the tank he could have stopped him because YPH was running on empty those last 3 rounds.

I could easily see the fight scored 6-6 so I think either man could be a 1 point winner here and that's how close it was.

A rematch is definitely warranted and I feel a bit harsh for Ross because he isn't really getting the ranking his efforts deserve. His two losses most recently have been to uss and yph and in both he proved he could hang at that level. What he doesn't have is the lower level big victories to push into a (imo) top 6 place he deserves.

It's very tight at the top of this division and I keep yph as my top man based purely on the fact that I had Steve number 1 because he'd actually stopped Huck just before both were consensus top 2.

But at the top you have

YPH
Huck
Lebedev
Wlodarcyk
Afolabi
Ross

And there's honestly nothing at all between them. Any of those 6 would be 50-50 with each other. Huck has had close fights with ola and lebedev whilst yph has had close fights with Cunningham and Ross. Razor close at the top but for now I edge with yph being the man to beat.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 06:52 AM   #3193
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Toney v McCallum 1.

Really great fight this, Toney discovered early on that he couldn't jab with Mike so he put a lot more effort on the big right hand counters. I had this a dead even fight through 10 with some rounds being controlled by Mike's jab and others being nicked by Toney's big right hands (what a chin Mike showed here!) but ultimately the fresher man finished the strongest.

Mike expended a lot of effort early on (a mistake he didn't make in the rematch btw) whilst Toney was conserving his and chipping away a big finish in the last two rounds gave toney the W on my scorecards. I have scored this the other way previously but I don't think I appreciated just how big that right hand was previously.

I still think he lost to Tiberi and the rematch to McCallum but Nunn, McCallum and Johnson are 3 very impressive names to have on a MW ledger.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #3194
KidJackal
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2323

I watched Morales-Barrera II there today. First time in a while I've seen it, still find it difficult to see how they gave it to Barrera. I thought it was a pretty classy performance from Morales, he controlled it early on and when Barrera started to go to work he put in that big final effort and stopped it in its tracks.

Morales-Barrera
1)10-9
2)10-10
3)10-9
4)10-9
5)10-9
6)9-10
7)10-9
9-10
9)9-10
10)10-9
11)10-9
12)9-10

Morales 116-113, 7 rounds to 4 and 1 even.
KidJackal is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #3195
Lester1583
Can you hear this?
ESB Addict

J.L.Castillo-S.Johnston is bootleg version of Chavez-Whitaker.
Lester1583 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum