Old 01-09-2013, 11:52 PM   #526
Boxed Ears
ESB #1 Name Changer!
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev's professional career

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Coitus Interruptus was a consul, you troglodyte!
What the crap do I care if he wore ladies' clothes?! I ain't no homophone, IB.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2013, 02:25 AM   #527
Tyler_Durden
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

So a little update on Kubrat - he's in Germany since Wednesday and has already started preparing for his fight with Adamek.
His brother Tervel, who won the Olympic bronze in the heavyweight division, took off with him. Tervel is undergoing sparing sessions at Sauerland and is expected to be offered a professional contract. Him turning professional was a really surprising move to me, because he turned 30 last Friday and has always struck me as a guy with totally different ambitions than his brother. He has a kid, he's studying law at university and at that age I never thought he will ever turn professional.
Tyler_Durden is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #528
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I wonder if Adamek's car crash and DUI charge on Saturday will affect whether this fight even takes place.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #529
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 10000

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
I wonder if Adamek's car crash and DUI charge on Saturday will affect whether this fight even takes place.
What an elaborate way to duck someone.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 01-15-2013, 04:18 AM   #530
Tyler_Durden
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
Why would it affect the fight? As far as I know luckily nobody was hurt, Adamek included. I just hope he's learned his lesson.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:37 AM   #531
Tyler_Durden
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

So, Adamek pulled out of the fight because he was offered bigger paycheck to fight in Poland and Pulev brings nothing on the table financially. Sauerland now prefer to arrange a defense of the EBU title to keep him active until IBF sort things out.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:21 PM   #532
ogii3
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

The problem is in IBF. This organization sucks. They are not able to stage a tournament and their title means nothing. Adamek shows the world that this is the case. When Pulev beat Ustinov last year - the fight was billed for final elimination, because Adamek and Solis decided not to fight in the tourney. Then they blocked Kubrat for a couple of months with this tournament and now probably they will try to arrange another final elimination once again involving Kubrat. If he wins he must fight right away wit Wladimir Klitschko, because his 9 months after his last IBF mandatory defense against the Tiger Thmopson are ended in April... Be sure that such a fight will not be arranged and IBF will not take the measures to bring Wladimir to fight for the belt.
ogii3 is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2013, 03:32 PM   #533
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogii3 View Post
The problem is in IBF. This organization sucks. They are not able to stage a tournament and their title means nothing. Adamek shows the world that this is the case. When Pulev beat Ustinov last year - the fight was billed for final elimination, because Adamek and Solis decided not to fight in the tourney. Then they blocked Kubrat for a couple of months with this tournament and now probably they will try to arrange another final elimination once again involving Kubrat. If he wins he must fight right away wit Wladimir Klitschko, because his 9 months after his last IBF mandatory defense against the Tiger Thmopson are ended in April... Be sure that such a fight will not be arranged and IBF will not take the measures to bring Wladimir to fight for the belt.
Thompson only fought the semi eliminator last time to earn his shot. Perhaps Pulev already has his shot secured now.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #534
Tyler_Durden
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogii3 View Post
Agreed. The IBF has to resolve this quickly.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:39 PM   #535
ogii3
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I hope that Peltz boxing will see the chance to match Jennings with Kubrat Pulev and Sauerland will agree on such match. It will be for good money, cos Peltz are into a part contract with NBC and Sauerland with ARD they can get a good purse for both fighters. We all want to see such fiights between undefeated prospects, no to see exposed guys like Adamek to hang around the so called world titles.
Otherwise we will see a fight for EBU title between Pulev and one of Pianeta/Wawrzik/Towers/Szpilka/Sosnovski
ogii3 is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2013, 02:22 AM   #536
Tyler_Durden
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I was just about to ask you if there's any credibility in the whole speculation about a possible fight with Jennings Szpilka will fight Adamek in Poland according to some Polish posters on here, so I'd probably scratch him from the list of possible opponents.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:56 AM   #537
ogii3
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Pulev is ready to fight everyone and i do not see Jennings as a possible threat to him. But the Sauerland team got the last word. Probably they will think that they may match Pianetta with Pulev for 50 000 E instead of going for far more money in a match against Jennings, who will want far more money to come to Europe. Russel Peltz probably thinks the same way - he may find far more cheaper opponent for Jennings, instead of empying his pocket for six figures cash.
ogii3 is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #538
ludwig
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I'm glad Jennings/Pulev is at least being discussed.

I was gonna say Pulev should do the eliminator vrs. Helenius but it seems Helenius is no longer ranked by the IBF. I know it's unlikely Sauerland would make this match but it would be an interesting one.

1 Kubrat Pulev Bulgaria
2 NOT RATED
Bryant Jennings United States
David Haye United Kingdom
Johnathon Banks United States
Ruslan Chagaev Uzbekistan
Alexander Ustinov Russian Federation
David Price England
Tyson Fury England
Alexander Dimitrenko Germany
Tomasz Adamek Poland
Steve Cunningham United States
Magomed Abdusalamov Russian Federation
Tony Thompson United States
Michael Sprott England

What about Chagaev? That would be pretty interesting and it makes sense given they are both based in Germany.
ludwig is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #539
ogii3
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Pulev - Chagaev!!! Bring it on!!!!
ogii3 is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2013, 11:04 PM   #540
Boxed Ears
ESB #1 Name Changer!
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

To me, Pulev versus Cunningham and Jennings versus Chagaev or Pulev/Chagaev and Jennings/Cunningham would make for the best thing the IBF could possibly do with the situation they've been forced to work with. Jennings could fight for number 2, Pulev would be fighting for mandatory spot against Klitschko late 2013 or so. It would be great. Then, if he lost, he and Jennings could fight for the number one spot if he wanted it again.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum