Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Bunce beefing the BN Team on Twitter

Steve Bunce@bigdaddybunce
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] The Boxing News said you had no heart and that Lacy would stop you!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Bullshit, the whole BN team lined up behind 6-pack Lacy! Fact.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] You boys certainly a bit touchy about backing the Yank over the poor little Brit

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Perhaps Frank ****** should have called and complained about Joe's coverage!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Your freelancer had about 20 years of experience and questioned Joe's heart!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] We all make howlers. I was just pointing out the UK trade paper's howler.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
Nipple
I hate my username
ESB Addict

Default Re: Bunce beefing the BN Team on Twitter

Bunce is an annoying cunt.

Adios.
Nipple is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #3
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

kevin mitchell‏@kevinmitchell50

@bigdaddybunce Oi! Leave me out of this kindergarten spat. I picked Joe, btw
Old 02-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #4
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

Bunce is a tit.
ishy is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #5
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

I remember the days we watched his programme, sent emails to support him to get it back on TV. He's lost himself, he won't admit it but he's lost what made him successful.

He was a man of the people back then, A fat bloke who was enthusiastic and people could accept him talking bollocks because he listened and interacted but he's changed or showed true colors. Sad really but the guys lost me as a fan as well as most on here..
Old 02-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #6
Sogoplayboy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
kevin mitchell‏@kevinmitchell50

@bigdaddybunce Oi! Leave me out of this kindergarten spat. I picked Joe, btw
Great stuff, good on Mitchell.
Sogoplayboy is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #7
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

I don't think picking Lacy should be the sign of boxing ignorance that it's become. Yeah, he was soundly beaten but it happens when a boxer steps up in quality and doesn't know how to handle the situation. All those who picked Calzaghe did so because he was a proven fighter, and expected a close decision win. The way people talk about that fight in hindsight, it was like an obvious mismatch from the start and only they could see it.

Lacy simply collapsed mentally and that's not something any fan can ever predict. Who knows, Broner might do the same tonight? And if he does, I expect many in the British press to gloat about his win and criticise "Yanks" for "bigging up their fighters". These sort of performances happen in boxing, and it's not a sign of stupidity that people expected Lacy to put up a tough fight and not mentally break quickly.

People love using the 'you picked Lacy, you know nothing ' argument, which I don't think is fair. These poor performances happen in the sport and it's very hard to tell where they are going to come from.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #8
Laikaka
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Last weekend's Boxnation mini-rant at the camera, where he told anyone moaning about Froch-Kessler being PPV to go and watch netball or tiddlywinks was pathetic, especially coming from someone in his position.
Laikaka is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #9
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

It would be nice if he was so brutally honest about his employer. Start by ridiculing Cleverlys career and how poorly he is being managed/protected.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #10
mckay_89
Haw you!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1065

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
I remember the days we watched his programme, sent emails to support him to get it back on TV. He's lost himself, he won't admit it but he's lost what made him successful.

He was a man of the people back then, A fat bloke who was enthusiastic and people could accept him talking bollocks because he listened and interacted but he's changed or showed true colors. Sad really but the guys lost me as a fan as well as most on here..
Couldn't have said it any better mate. I've no interest in hearing what Bunce has to say anymore.
mckay_89 is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #11
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

I honestly don't see what his point is here. No one from Boxing News said anything to Bunce. Calzaghe in support of Rees retweeted some guy an article featuring loads of writers picks for Calzaghe/Lacy (most picked Lacy).

From that Bunce just went on this mad rant. Tris Dixon explained to him that the guy who wrote the Calzaghe/Lacy preview in BN was a freelance journo who doesn't write for them anymore. Then Bunce started rambling on about BN being the trade paper and how their opinion carries weight .

Even if Boxing News got it wrong. Who gives a shit? Didn't Bunce say Haye would beat Wlad? Hatton would beat Floyd?
ishy is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 12:35 PM   #12
HOF
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Been following that little back and forth too. Also noticed Ward tweeting about Rees in a contemptuously disparaging manner. So replied to one of his tweets about nutrition and mentioned Conte in an innocent manner. That merited a block from the Son of God. Nothing to hide there I'm sure. Pious tosser.
HOF is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 12:39 PM   #13
lirva
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I've always disliked Bunce.

I was ahead of the curve on that one.
lirva is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #14
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF View Post
Been following that little back and forth too. Also noticed Ward tweeting about Rees in a contemptuously disparaging manner. So replied to one of his tweets about nutrition and mentioned Conte in an innocent manner. That merited a block from the Son of God. Nothing to hide there I'm sure. Pious tosser.
Whats he say about Rees?. Was a Ward fan. Was being the key word..
Old 02-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #15
JohnH
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishy View Post
Bunce is a tit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipple View Post