Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #286
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 275
Default Re: Was it Johnson's workrate or his power that caused Calzaghe to duck him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Never said Froch/Kessler is not a bigger fight than Calzaghe/Manfredo, but did say crowd wise Calzaghe/Manfredo was bigger.
Froch vs Kessler II is levels ahead of Calzaghe vs Manfredo. Crowd size dont mean shit, when all the factors are considered.

Quote:
Who was Calzaghes main SMW rival before he moved up??? Kessler! and who did Calzaghe beat before moving up??? Kessler!
Point proven because even now when Kessler has had long layoffs with injury problems and after 2 clear defeats its a massive fight for Froch

Enjoy
We aint discussing main rivals, you said "all his SMW rivals", and I point out Ottke, Beyer, Bute, and a few more title holders were also his rivals. Main rivals is something you bought up later on.
realsoulja is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2013, 11:03 AM   #287
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 210
Default Re: Was it Johnson's workrate or his power that caused Calzaghe to duck him?

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by realsoulja View Post
Froch vs Kessler II is levels ahead of Calzaghe vs Manfredo. Crowd size dont mean shit, when all the factors are considered.
Stop trying to cover over what was said originally.
I pointed out how Calzaghe was making money whoever he fought at that time as proven by the crowd when he fought Manfredo, that is a bigger crowd than Froch/Kessler regardless of what the bigger fight is

Quote:
We aint discussing main rivals, you said "all his SMW rivals", and I point out Ottke, Beyer, Bute, and a few more title holders were also his rivals. Main rivals is something you bought up later on
Ottke wasnt fighting when Calzaghe moved up and Beyer had been blasted out by Kessler. So Calzaghes main SMW rival before moving up was Kessler and that is who Calzaghe beat.
Even now years later after injuries and defeat Kessler is Frochs biggest UK fight, which isnt as big as Calzaghe/Kessler was years ago
bailey is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 11:04 AM   #288
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Default Re: ✩✩✩Joe Calzaghe's world famous WBO ducktionary - a career of ducking examined✩✩✩

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
He was a shit troll who had been banned previously, came back with a slight username alteration and got banned again.
What did he do that was trolling?
bailey is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #289
Mind Reader
RIP Captain Phil
East Side Guru

vCash: 760
Default Re: ✩✩✩Joe Calzaghe's world famous WBO ducktionary - a career of ducking examined✩✩✩

Quote:
Stop with the BS.
Calzaghe outlanded Hopkins by a long way and landed the better shots throughout. You probably remember Hopkins punches because there were so few
That was a close fight, could have gone either way. I thought Hopkins actually landed the better shots, just maybe not quite enough of them to pull it off.
Mind Reader is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #290
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind Reader View Post
That was a close fight, could have gone either way. I thought Hopkins actually landed the better shots, just maybe not quite enough of them to pull it off.
Each to their own. I thought Hopkins landed a good shot at the end of round 7 after a headbutt and scored the KD, which wasnt a massive shot but caught Calzaghe when square on, but really didnt think Hopkins landed that many great shots after that. Calzaghe although flapping at times I felt landed well from round 4 onwards.
I thought Calzaghe was a clear winner.
bailey is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #291
Mind Reader
RIP Captain Phil
East Side Guru

vCash: 760

Quote:
Each to their own. I thought Hopkins landed a good shot at the end of round 7 after a headbutt and scored the KD, which wasnt a massive shot but caught Calzaghe when square on, but really didnt think Hopkins landed that many great shots after that. Calzaghe although flapping at times I felt landed well from round 4 onwards.
I thought Calzaghe was a clear winner.
It was a pretty ugly fight, Hopkins has that ability to make a fighter look horrible, very crafty and dirty with his antics, smart but sometimes frustrating to watch. I felt like the right man got the decision in the end.
Mind Reader is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 11:37 AM   #292
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Stop trying to cover over what was said originally.
I pointed out how Calzaghe was making money whoever he fought at that time as proven by the crowd when he fought Manfredo, that is a bigger crowd than Froch/Kessler regardless of what the bigger fight is
Yet still wanted no part of Froch.

Quote:
Ottke wasnt fighting when Calzaghe moved up and Beyer had been blasted out by Kessler. So Calzaghes main SMW rival before moving up was Kessler and that is who Calzaghe beat.
Even now years later after injuries and defeat Kessler is Frochs biggest UK fight, which isnt as big as Calzaghe/Kessler was years ago
Ottke not fighting Calzaghe or Calzaghe not fighting Ottke is not the discussion, the discussion was about your point that Calzaghe beat "all his SMW rivals", and Ottke is clear proof that Calzaghe never

Here is you making the claim Calzaghe beat all his SMW rivals:-

Quote:
[Yet still beat all of his rival SMWs before moving up.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The fact is, Calzaghe did not beat all his SMW rivals, he also never fought all of his SMW rivals
Old 02-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #293
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

To wrap up the pwnage:-

1. Froch clearly beat Charles Adamu

Quote:
Adamu.
froch got the decision, but it looked fortunate to some

I have not come across a respectable position that claimed Adamu got robbed, Charles Adamu was accepting defeat in the ring when congratulating Froch acknowledging he was beaten clearly, yet you seem to know people who did

2. Froch wanted to fight Joe Calzaghe

Quote:
So Froch calling out a shot retired fighter he didnt want to fight when active is your new claim.

But eventually you accepted you was wrong after I schooled you on the topic:-

Quote:
Of course Froch wanted it. It would have been a shot at the top, but he wasnt in a position to make himself the best man for the job and that is what you seem to get lost in understanding.

3. Sakio Bika was not a mandatory for the IBF or the WBO, and Carl Froch was more worthy of a title shot than Bika was:-

Quote:
and I believe Bika was IBF #1. Froch wasnt #1 and hadnt beaten anyone to become #1 for wanting the fight as much as you say first hand that he did as if you are thinking for him

Here is the IBF rankings for October 2006:-

As you can see Bika was not even in the top 15, while Froch was a ranked contender.

Quote:
I said I thought Bika was IBF mandatory but said wasnt sure.

I question whether you was following boxing in 2006 or was you following boxrec, Bika was not even considered top 10.

Quote:
Might have been WBO, but not sure.

Here is the WBO rankings for October 2006:-

Again I had to school you on the topic of ratings, proving Froch was more worthy than Sakio Bika, and Bika was no where near the mandatory position.

4. Froch vs Kessler II is a way bigger fight than Calzaghe vs Manfredo. Talking about money.

Quote:
Calzaghe at that time was making money whoever he fought as evidenced with Manfredo.
even now froch fighting Kessler next isnt even as big as Calzaghe vs Manfredo in amount of people.

5. Froch was a bigger fight than Evans Ashira

After I made that point, you responded:-

Quote:
Probably not when those fights happened and Froch wanted to win a world title first.

Froch was more proven than Evans Ashira at SMW, more highly ranked, and more recognised.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #294
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by realsoulja View Post
To wrap up the pwnage:-
Getting a bit much for you?
Quote:
I have not come across a respectable position that claimed Adamu got robbed, Charles Adamu was accepting defeat in the ring when congratulating Froch acknowledging he was beaten clearly, yet you seem to know people who did
Read the boxing News report that said they wouldnt have complained had the decision gone the other way .
Shows that you obviously have only watched Youtube and were not then into boxing, yet trying to fight something that you didnt witness first hand. Brutal self pwnage
Quote:
2. Froch wanted to fight Joe Calzaghe

Of course he would have wanted an opportunity, but the times you were talking you brought up your highlights and Froch was saying he wanted a few more fights or that he wanted to win a world title first.
Or when the only time Froch was a mandatory he was a British champ and as said Calzaghe had a choice, fight legend Hopkins with a chance to win a title of best in another division, or fight unknown outside on the UK, British champ Froch.
You seem to imply Froch would have been the better move

Quote:
3. Sakio Bika was not a mandatory for the IBF or the WBO, and Carl Froch was more worthy of a title shot than Bika was:-

I said there I wasnt sure if Bika was, but thought he was, but did also point out how Bika had been in the ring with a world champ and was looking to be getting the better before the fight was stopped early.
Froch hadnt even been near a world title fight at that time.
Still if you put so much emphasis on rankings and take them so literally, you can explain how at LHW Shumenov is rated above Pascal?
Quote:
Again I had to school you on the topic of ratings, proving Froch was more worthy than Sakio Bika, and Bika was no where near the mandatory position.
How had Froch proven he was more worthy?
He may have had a higher ranking but had he been in the ring with a then current world champ and held his own? NO. Bika had
Quote:
4. Froch vs Kessler II is a way bigger fight than Calzaghe vs Manfredo. Talking about money.
I dont think that has been debated, this is you trying to cover over where you have been schooled again and going round in circles after the pwnage you took.
Curiously how much money are Froch and Kessler recieving each?
Quote:
5. Froch was a bigger fight than Evans Ashira

Are you now denying that Froch was saying he wanted to win a world title first at the time when Calzaghe was beating Ashira?
Yes or No. Try the simple answer route
Quote:
Froch was more proven than Evans Ashira at SMW, more highly ranked, and more recognised
But according to your links said he wanted to win a world title before facing Calzaghe.
I recall that after Calzaghe beat Ashira, Froch went on again saying that he wanted to win a world title first so he had something to bring to the table, which once again he didnt manage to do till after Calzaghe had had his last fight.
Why do you try and forget these fine details
bailey is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #295
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Getting a bit much for you?
Read the boxing News report that said they wouldnt have complained had the decision gone the other way .
Shows that you obviously have only watched Youtube and were not then into boxing, yet trying to fight something that you didnt witness first hand. Brutal self pwnage
I watched the fight, you read some boxing news and boxrec articles, go and watch the fight, Froch clearly won.

Quote:
Of course he would have wanted an opportunity, but the times you were talking you brought up your highlights and Froch was saying he wanted a few more fights or that he wanted to win a world title first.
Or when the only time Froch was a mandatory he was a British champ and as said Calzaghe had a choice, fight legend Hopkins with a chance to win a title of best in another division, or fight unknown outside on the UK, British champ Froch.
You seem to imply Froch would have been the better move
You claimed Froch never wanted to fight Calzaghe, now you flip flopping because you got schooled hard on the topic.

Fact is, Froch wanted the Calzaghe fight, Calzaghe never wanted the Froch fight.

Quote:
I said there I wasnt sure if Bika was, but thought he was, but did also point out how Bika had been in the ring with a world champ and was looking to be getting the better before the fight was stopped early.
You looked pretty stupid claiming Bika is IBF #1 when he was not even in the top 15.

Froch never got a world title fight because Calzaghe never wanted to give him one.

Another point: Just because a boxer fights for a world title, does not mean that boxer was a worthy challenger.

Quote:
No one was willing to give Froch a top 10 ranked fighter a shot, but were giving Sakio Bika a shot who was not even in the top 15. Calzaghe never wanted it.

Quote:
Still if you put so much emphasis on rankings and take them so literally, you can explain how at LHW Shumenov is rated above Pascal?
Why you bringing this into the discussion when it does not add or take away anything?

There is a consensus that Froch was rated higher than Sakio Bika by most boxing organisations and fans. However there is not a consensus that Shumenov is better than Pascal, so there is no comparison.

Quote:
How had Froch proven he was more worthy?
Froch had beaten better opposition, never lost to Sam Solimon, had been a career SMW all his career, while Bika's first ranking fight at SMW happen to be a world title shot which makes no sense.

Froch also was ranked higher by most governing bodies as well as fans and organisations.

Quote:
He may have had a higher ranking but had he been in the ring with a then current world champ and held his own? NO. Bika had
Bika was losing on two cards. Explain this, Bika's first ranking fight at SMW was a world title shot, does that make sense, Froch held SMW titles at British and commonwealth level, while Bika held MW titles at Austrailian level. Froch was more proven SMW, Bika was no where near as accomplished as Froch yet he was seen as the cheaper low risk hence why he was given the shot.

Quote:
Are you now denying that Froch was saying he wanted to win a world title first at the time when Calzaghe was beating Ashira?
Yes Froch said he wanted to win a world title, and Calzaghe was not giving him the shot to win that world title, so he was looking to get hold of any world title so Calzaghe would fight him.

Quote:
But according to your links said he wanted to win a world title before facing Calzaghe.
According to my links, he was willing to fight Calzaghe in 2004/2005. Calzaghe dismissed Froch, and wanted no part of him saying he bought no money to the table, (but Ashira, Salem, Sobot, Pudwill, Mkrtchyan, Veit, Bika somehow did) so Froch said if he had a world title, Calzaghe wont be able to swerve him, meaning Calzaghe was swerving him.

Quote:
I recall that after Calzaghe beat Ashira, Froch went on again saying that he wanted to win a world title first so he had something to bring to the table, which once again he didnt manage to do till after Calzaghe had had his last fight.
You mention Froch wanted to win a world title so he had something to bring to the table like it was required for Calzaghe to only fight world champions.

I have already proven Calzaghe took 9 years to unify, he only fought two of his rivals in a 10 year period, and Ashira never had a title so why was it required for Froch to have one?

Calzaghe was swerving Froch to fight the likes of Bika and Ashira, so Froch said if he had a world title Calzaghe wont be able to swerve him because he wanted the Calzaghe fight badly.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #296
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
but did also point out how Bika had been in the ring with a world champ and was looking to be getting the better before the fight was stopped early.

you are claiming Bika was more worthy of a shot at Calzaghe because he had been in the ring with Markus Beyer.

According to your logic:-

You think Dereck Chisora is more worthy than Tyson Fury, or Kubaret Pulev for a shot at Wladimir just because Chisora held his own against Vitali, while Fury has been no where near a world title shot

You would think Adamek, Charr or Solis are more worthy than Fury, Price, Pulev, Helenius......... for a shot at Wladimir, just because they been in the ring with Vitali Klitsckho, while Fury, Price, Pulev, Helenius have been no where near a world title shot

Your logic is flawed, Froch was more worthy for a shot at Calzaghe than Bika was, but it was because Calzaghe wanted no part of Carl Froch the fight never materialised.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #297
HerolGee
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

yeah its obvious that Calzaghe ran scared like fcuk from Froch and Johnson because he didn't want to get knocked the fcuk out and lose his unbeaten record. That's why Calzaghe fought regional nobodies for 10 years too aside from drawing with reid and beating a one handed kess.
HerolGee is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2013, 09:12 AM   #298
HerolGee
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

damn, wrogn thread sorry.
HerolGee is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum