Old 02-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #16
HOF
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bunce beefing the BN Team on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
Whats he say about Rees?. Was a Ward fan. Was being the key word..
Back and forths with some fans and Dan Rafael. He's blocked me now so just having a look thru Rafael's page. Here's a flavour:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Easy Work!! Easy!! Like Too Easy!! RT [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Broner or Rees Andre? [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Don't blink because that fight shouldn't last long. Ohh, and my water pressure in Houston is a A++!!
HOF is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2013, 01:06 PM   #17
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Bunce is such a twat. He never gets predictions wrong becauae he doesnt actually make any. Has anybody ever seem Bunceu actually evaluate boxing?

BoxingNews have a job to objectivley report Boxing, something Bunce never has and never will understand.

Bunce could play a character for a long time, but after so much exposure on TV he got comfortable and his true personality came out. A jelous dinasour that sells himself to the highest bidder. Leaving this forum after it was the members on here that campained for his show to come back.

Did anyone hear it when Bunce shit himself when Brook put Buncd in his place and slated Frank a little on his ESPN show?

Last edited by Jonsey; 02-16-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #18
Anaboilc lion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

bunce gets too much stick here esp from team ' new age promoting' fans
Anaboilc lion is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #19
Nick78

Why he got into the argument is beyond me. However, the point I think he was making is that the Editor of BN said that because the pick of Lacy was done by a freelance journalist, it wasn't the view of BN. Bunce then said ridiculous as if it goes in the mag, surely it is the view of BN, not the individual journalist.

That to me is a legitimate discussion for two journalists to have and Bunce raises a fair point. 'Joy' of twitter is that this is done in public now, not down the pub.
Nick78 is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #20
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaboilc lion View Post
bunce gets too much stick here esp from team ' new age promoting' fans

I'm telling you, I've said it before and I'll say it again, they are here, and closer than you think.

And its not paranoia. On my short time here, I've noticed a lot of suspicious happenings. I can normally spot it a mile of. My ignore list isnt just fall of alts. Its at least half full of possible worms.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 01:28 PM   #21
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick78 View Post
Why he got into the argument is beyond me. However, the point I think he was making is that the Editor of BN said that because the pick of Lacy was done by a freelance journalist, it wasn't the view of BN. Bunce then said ridiculous as if it goes in the mag, surely it is the view of BN, not the individual journalist.

That to me is a legitimate discussion for two journalists to have and Bunce raises a fair point. 'Joy' of twitter is that this is done in public now, not down the pub.
Think this makes sense.Also,if my memory serves me right,almost nobody was picking Joe,but that could just be me.I love Boxing News,but theyve made some howlers over the years,to the point of embarrassment if they were all listed.
TED 822 is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #22
jdempsey85
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1032

Someone just tweeted bn picked ****ell to beat marciano

Ha absolutely shocking prediction lol
jdempsey85 is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #23
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdempsey85 View Post
Someone just tweeted bn picked ****ell to beat marciano

Ha absolutely shocking prediction lol
Nice one.Best laugh I had was when I picked my BN up on a Monday after the Saturday Tyson/Douglas fight,it was that late coming.The headline was"Tyson will bust Douglas".The lad picked it up,looked at it and said "Really?"Not a stupid pick but an egg on face moment.Another freelancer,maybe.
TED 822 is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #24
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

I am in two minds about Bunce. I liked him for years, for nothing other than his sense of humour, inclusiveness and honesty but I think those things are no longer there now he's working for BoxNation. I'm disappointed he's no longer like he was when at Setanta.

However, consider who he works for. This is a man so petty, he's got us all coming up with pseudonyms because he's threatened ESB on numerous occasions. Does anyone really expect Bunce to be impartial? He'd just get sacked, because his boss is a joke, and whilst we all might love Bunce for being honest, that isn't going to pay his bills every month.

Bunce did what was right for him and I can't blame him for that. I'd do the same thing but I would like more honesty from him, even if he is being fed a script.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 03:04 PM   #25
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 765

There is a lot of 'with hindsight' being written here over Lacy/Calzaghe.

I could not think of a way Joe was going to beat Lacy, Jeff was a monster, who was just going to steamroll him.

I know with my pick (Lacy in ten), I was very much going with the general consensus at the time.
TBooze is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #26
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict

vCash: 1534

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I am in two minds about Bunce. I liked him for years, for nothing other than his sense of humour, inclusiveness and honesty but I think those things are no longer there now he's working for BoxNation. I'm disappointed he's no longer like he was when at Setanta.

However, consider who he works for. This is a man so petty, he's got us all coming up with pseudonyms because he's threatened ESB on numerous occasions. Does anyone really expect Bunce to be impartial? He'd just get sacked, because his boss is a joke, and whilst we all might love Bunce for being honest, that isn't going to pay his bills every month.

Bunce did what was right for him and I can't blame him for that. I'd do the same thing but I would like more honesty from him, even if he is being fed a script.
100% agree with this...

At the end of the day, honesty won't pay his bills.

Whilst he is employed by VVarren, this is the Bunce we are going to get.
macho_grande is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #27
scribbs
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Bunce has always been a tit. Have listened to him over the years & he just gabbles a lot to bamboozle people. He knows some stuff but talks bollocks more often than not.

Working for Frank W he will have his hands shackled. A few years ago I had a go at him (Frank W) on his site about his reluctance to give the public the fights we desire. At that time Haye - Maccarinelli was being talked about but had not come off. I basically likened him to being a Britsh version of Don King & the site took it down & put in a new policy for comments (At least I had some effect on old Frankie).

Regarding picking fights, it's a 50/50 tossup. Some fights are predictable but there's been some upsets as well, hindsight is all well & good after the fact
scribbs is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #28
smegmaa
Undefeated Champ
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipple View Post
Bunce is an annoying cunt.

Adios.
Annoying fat ****, who never has an opinion and sucks every FW fighter! Remember when he was having a go it Tyson Fury, then when Peter Fury came on his podcast he shit himself like he does with everyone else! BELLEND
smegmaa is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 03:41 PM   #29
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Rob's comment that Boxing News reports objectively made me laugh. Since Claude left the editor's chair it's become a laughably bad rag full of populist bullshit and terrible writing.

The Cleverley-Bellew write-up was painfully biased and/or clueless about what happened in the ring that night. So defending them as bastions of integrity is quite ridiculous.

Bunce is what he is, the articles he writes for The Independent and ESPN are his real thoughts. Anything he says on BoxNation is just a pose.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 03:56 PM   #30
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Rob's comment that Boxing News reports objectively made me laugh. Since Claude left the editor's chair it's become a laughably bad rag full of populist bullshit and terrible writing.

The Cleverley-Bellew write-up was painfully biased and/or clueless about what happened in the ring that night. So defending them as bastions of integrity is quite ridiculous.

Bunce is what he is, the articles he writes for The Independent and ESPN are his real thoughts. Anything he says on BoxNation is just a pose.
DFTaylors comment that Bunce reports objectively made me laugh. You obviously haven't listened to his ESPN & William Hill podcasts.

you can't take your opinion seriously when it comes to boxing writing DF.
Jonsey is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum