Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-16-2013, 06:12 PM   #46
doylexxx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bunce beefing the BN Team on Twitter

Is there even a production team over at BN ?

Cant believe they let Buncey loose on the fight broadcasts

he truly destroys everything
doylexxx is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 06:12 PM   #47
doylexxx
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
The only people havin' a go at Bunce, are the ones who are jealous, you are jealous of the mans position, fame, and the fact that he can carry a belly of on live TV. Your jealous of the fact that he made it, and you didnt. Your jealous of the fact that he gets paid for doing something he loves, your jealous because he is. Steve Bunce and he sits on his arse, talking boxing, on your TV.

Steve was driven away from this cesspit because of the Eddie Hearn lovers. A valued poster driven away because of this forum.

You lot should be ashamed of yourselves!

Bunce can do f*ck all right in your eyes, you hang on his every word, be it radio or TV, he cant breathe without any of you jumping on his back about something he said or did. How sad. What next, the shirt he wears?

I like him because he aint PC and he says what he wants. In this day and age of PR bombardment and political correctness, its nice to see someone be original and real.

The fact that you lot jump on his back all the time, but make sure to listen to the podcast and watch him on TV, he is the real winner here. He kind of owns you. Yes, owns you. He dont give a **** what you think, unless you keep tuning in, which you are!

If you dont like him, dont listen, and dont ****ing watch!

Adios.

damn the truth hurts dont it ?
doylexxx is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 06:17 PM   #48
Ireland
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
I remember the days we watched his programme, sent emails to support him to get it back on TV. He's lost himself, he won't admit it but he's lost what made him successful.

He was a man of the people back then, A fat bloke who was enthusiastic and people could accept him talking bollocks because he listened and interacted but he's changed or showed true colors. Sad really but the guys lost me as a fan as well as most on here..
expand
Ireland is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2013, 06:22 PM   #49
jdempsey85
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1032

Bunceys allright
jdempsey85 is online now  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 06:22 PM   #50
saintsmike
Contender
ESB Senior Member

So what if they picked Lacy? At the time he was a very good fighter who was obliterating opponents and had alot of good attributes. When he was in a close fight against Vanderpool who was a decent boxer he knocked him out.
The problem was, at that time Joe was hardly facing anyone worthy, his career had stagnated.
We knew Joe was good, but how good?, had he got complacent? Hindsight is a wonderful thing, it's easy to look back and say "OH YOU PICKED THAT FIGHT" We're all gonna pick'em wide of the mark.

That's boxing, when two fighters step in that ring anything can happen. It's not just chins that are tested but every other mental attribute. Looking back, Joe was one of the most natural boxers we have had the pleasure to watch on these shores, but sadly his career didn't see him face the competition he should have been in with.
saintsmike is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #51
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post
expand
What do you want me to expand on?..
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #52
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillspaybills View Post
what do you want me to expand on?..
leave buncey alone
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 06:53 PM   #53
pijo
Feed the Pope
ESB Addict

vCash: 106

Buncey has turned into a tit, or he is at least showing it more now.
pijo is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #54
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post
expand
Bunce was the voice of the hardcore boxing fan. He was just like the posters on ESB. He had his favourites but it was in the same way every poster on here does. And the role wasn't thrust upon him by the hardcore either, he lavished in it and continually reminded us about how he "told it how it is" and he wasn't on Sky because he would never sell out.

Then Bunce sold out...fair enough you have a mortgage to pay and a family to feed like everyone else.....but don't keep on telling us about how you tell it how it is. Now he slags of the forum posters and people like Wingy on youtube at every opportunity, doesn't seem to realise we make up 80% of his audience. Anyone remember the time he tried to butcher me on his BBC show for slating Haye for taking the Audley fight?

I also think his gig has got old now. Everything in TV/Entertainment runs its course no matter how succesful it is. Look at The Simpson, its been BS for 10 years now.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #55
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
Bunce was the voice of the hardcore boxing fan. He was just like the posters on ESB. He had his favourites but it was in the same way every poster on here does. And the role wasn't thrust upon him by the hardcore either, he lavished in it and continually reminded us about how he "told it how it is" and he wasn't on Sky because he would never sell out.

Then Bunce sold out...fair enough you have a mortgage to pay and a family to feed like everyone else.....but don't keep on telling us about how you tell it how it is. Now he slags of the forum posters and people like Wingy on youtube at every opportunity, doesn't seem to realise we make up 80% of his audience. Anyone remember the time he tried to butcher me on his BBC show for slating Haye for taking the Audley fight?

I also think his gig has got old now. Everything in TV/Entertainment runs its course no matter how succesful it is. Look at The Simpson, its been BS for 10 years now.
1) I think Buncey is correct to slag of this forum. Its in a right state. Especially General.

2) I actually dont mind wingy, but to be honest, watching his videos got a bit much. I hear enough screaming and shouting in real life. However, underneath the drama, he does have some insight. I personally just have to limit myself, what happened between them should stay between them. They are two grown men, and have probably never seen one another face to face. Internet beef is just that.

3) I cant comment on you getting butchered on BBC. Evidence?

4) The Simpsons is awful. I prefer South Park, always have, its still great if not better now, and it is still hilarious.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #56
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
1) I think Buncey is correct to slag of this forum. Its in a right state. Especially General.

2) I actually dont mind wingy, but to be honest, watching his videos got a bit much. I hear enough screaming and shouting in real life. However, underneath the drama, he does have some insight. I personally just have to limit myself, what happened between them should stay between them. They are two grown men, and have probably never seen one another face to face. Internet beef is just that.

3) I cant comment on you getting butchered on BBC. Evidence?

4) The Simpsons is awful. I prefer South Park, always have, its still great if not better now, and it is still hilarious.
1) Because of posters like you.

2) Yeh he is not for everyone, but nobody can deny Bunce was a **** in that situation.

3) The thread has been deleted and i cant remember the date of the show. But Bunce said I was a bad person for thinking Haye shouldn't be allowed to make a living...which is not what i said

4) Each to there own.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 07:05 AM   #57
chatty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1419

Bunce said Cleverly/Macaranelli was better fight than Cleverly/Cloud last year - everybody screws up now and again.
chatty is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #58
Bronxbull666
The Beast From The East
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

I like Bunce, does a great job to fill the air time on BoxNation, especially on the European cards. He is well prepared and him and Lillis know their stuff. Didn't like his PPV comment last week, although I think he was coming from a subscription fee perspective. He makes the odd howler and silly off the cuff remark, that is just live TV. He plugs all fights, gives exposure to prospects and likes a story or two.
Bronxbull666 is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 08:11 AM   #59
DeMarco
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Rob's comment that Boxing News reports objectively made me laugh. Since Claude left the editor's chair it's become a laughably bad rag full of populist bullshit and terrible writing.

The Cleverley-Bellew write-up was painfully biased and/or clueless about what happened in the ring that night. So defending them as bastions of integrity is quite ridiculous.

Bunce is what he is, the articles he writes for The Independent and ESPN are his real thoughts. Anything he says on BoxNation is just a pose.
I remember that paedo looking fella, Herbert? Writing "A judge scoring this a draw detracted from the dominance of Cleverly, and robbed him of a deserved Unamimous Decision" wow...
DeMarco is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 09:04 AM   #60
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 900

No matter who the writer is, if a preview is done for a fight and the writer at BN makes his pick then it is the Boxing News pick. It always has been and Bunce is right, it carries a lot of weight. I thought Tris showed a lack of backbone in excusing that howler as something that was written by a freelancer that no longer works at BN. Just hold hands up and admit BN got it wrong, it happens.
gasman is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum