Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-17-2013, 09:14 AM   #16
Jakemilo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: How does Burns/Broner go now then?

Demanding vada testing would be a start just to be safe like
Jakemilo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2013, 09:14 AM   #17
Jonny5-9
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Will be very surprised if Burns ever faces Broner. If he beats Vasquez there will be the call from Burn's team that he has more belts and therefore Broner should come to Scotland. Obviously that wont happen as the money is the States.

Burns will probably just defend his belts against domestic level opponents at home in front of packed out arenas and do very nicely from it.
Jonny5-9 is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #18
sharpy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Broner never got going last night when he put 4 or 5 shots together he nearly had Rees finished every time when he wants to turn it on he can really hurt you it's like he's toying with his opponent burns wouldn't stand a chance
sharpy is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #19
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 416

Before this fight I thought Burns. Now I think Broner, convincingly. Burns is taller and and better than Rees but he's no way near as awkward. If Rees couldn't avoid them then Ricky won't be able too either. Broner's uppercuts and hooks were a thing of beauty, so ****ing crisp and powerful. I'm not deliberately sucking his dick, everyone should know I've been critical of him before and backed Rees to win last night.

Can't deny it anymore though, Broner is something special. Ricky is a class fighter who always steps up but it would be a challenge too far for him to beat Broner, AB is just too skilled.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #20
True_Hero
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I think it would go the distance... end result depending where it is.

Burns wouldn't stand the chance of getting a points division in the states with biased judges pandering to the Americans. In Scotland or, a neutral venue then Burns might edge it.
True_Hero is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 09:27 AM   #21
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He sets opponents up, and Ricky Burns will be no different. If you fall for the traps, leave gaps, he will make you pay. One thing that impressed me yesterday were some of those combinations when he backed Rees up against the ropes. Flashy, but they are absolutely devastating at this weight. Body, Head. Broner makes use of everything. He also has the ability to use the early round spidey-sense, and to come out and adjust perfectly to win the fight. He could see Rees lunging in and jumping in, and then bending over. So what did Broner do? Timed the uppercut when he was low enough, timed a dig to the body when he was bending over and wide open.

Its just boxing common sense, these fighters make it look oh so simple.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 09:42 AM   #22
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2203

No way Burns fights Broner.He probably won't even holiday in the States,knowing he could bump into Broner on the street.Broner is Burns biggest nightmare.
fatcity is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #23
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcity View Post
No way Burns fights Broner.He probably won't even holiday in the States,knowing he could bump into Broner on the street.Broner is Burns biggest nightmare.
I fear the same to be honest. I predicted predictably that if Burns beats Vazquez, team Burns will whip out the 2 belt card....and we will be even further from that fight. I defended Ricky from the people who claimed he was ducking, but I think they might have a point now. I don't know whether it is Ricky doing it, or his management. But there is some obvious reluctance in not taking this fight, for whatever reason. To many things have been said in the lead up to last nights fight that make me think they dont want it, Jim Lampley claimed Burns camp priced themselves out last night. Ricky's explanation was that "5 weeks wasn't enough". Adrien Broner claimed Ricky Burns "ran away again".....

There is to much crap around this fight that I dont think its gonna happen. If it was, it would be nice and smooth, but its not. There is friction.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #24
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Broner thinks Ricky bitten off more than he can chew coz he knows Ricky is the No1 and he will get his ass handed to him,very disrespectful man who many have little to no time for!
I'm sure I seen his dad in the nutty professor lol
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #25
REEVO
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
Broner thinks Ricky bitten off more than he can chew coz he knows Ricky is the No1 and he will get his ass handed to him,very disrespectful man who many have little to no time for!
Billy as much as i think Burns is a talented kid i just dont see how he lives with Broner in there. Im not talking about technical skill, look at at the size of Broner he makes his opponents look like two weight divisons down from him. I think Broner is a beast for the weight and cant get my head round how he makes the weight and also his punchs are fierce...
I would like Ricky to kick shit out of Broner and shut his face up but he is a beast at the weight, i think if Ricky had abit more pop he might put Broner in his shell.
REEVO is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #26
SugarRay1985
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
Keep Burns well away from Broner,unless hes after a payday,Broner looks the biz,also looked big at the weight.
SugarRay1985 is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #27
outthebox
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Broner is world class and some things and average at others.

I don't think you need huge pop to beat broner. His work rate and footwork are not great. Burns is capable of outworking this guy to a decision. Rees' first 2 rounds gave an insight into how this is done, draw a lead, get in and out before he counters. Need to move the guy around laterally. I see Burns able to pull this off, he has the engine and seems to think through fights. Think Rees started well and reverted to type which suited AB.

Easier said than done though and I'd still have Broner as fav. We also haven't seen the best of him yet which may have a part to play.
outthebox is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 10:54 AM   #28
REEVO
Belt holder
ESB Addict

In reality Billy Nelson will be sat at home after watching that fight and thinking.. " How the **** does he make weight" and "How the **** do we keep Burns running away from him all night"....
REEVO is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #29
satan80

Think people are going way overboard on Broner here. He's big at the weight but Burns is no midget - tall, massive shoulders, long armed, he's clearly a physically strong guy who would not be pushed around on the inside.
Obviously Broner puts his shots together well when he's teeing off, but he's never faced a guy who will ram a jab and right hand down his pipe like Burns can from the outside, I've spoke to a few who've sparred Ricky and they all say he can really crack, his ko record is vastly misleading.
Broner gets comfortable quickly in fights and which allows him to mentally stay real calm, especially on the inside where he can begin to pick his shots and bully opponents who he knows can't hurt him, I honestly don't think he could do that to Burns - Rees let his hands go on the inside and clipped Broner who really hasn't mastered that Philly shell like Floyd or a master like Toney - if he stood there trying that shit with Burns he'd be getting lashed by a very good body puncher who would make him think twice and take him out of his comfort zone big time.
Burns has really started to find his range quickly with his right hand in his last few fights, I think he tags Broner early with it and takes some of his confidence away, by mid rounds it's a proper live fight, if Broner can match the fitness, work rate and strength of Burns, whilst showing a defence that he's never shown before, then I'll be impressed, but I think Ricky drags him into deep water late on and gives the ****y little ****er a hiding he'll never forget
satan80 is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #30
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I would be screaming for Ricky,Amir Khan or Kell Brook to beat Broner,but fear he beats them all.
TED 822 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum