Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #46
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: How does Burns/Broner go now then?

My concern is the difference in power, Burns doesn't hit that hard, perhaps harder than his record suggests but he is not exactly a big puncher. Also, Burns said that he had sparred with Rees too, I'd love to have seen that sparring session but I can't see that Burns would have handled Rees easier than Broner did.

Everyone is judging Broner on the basis of last night but do you really think that was Broner at 100% trying to get Rees out of there? He hardly seemed to step out of 3rd gear for me, I don't think Burns/Broner will happen anyway but I certainly wouldn't bet against Broner beating anyone at LW currently.
JonnyBGoode is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2013, 12:22 PM   #47
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The down players and suppressesers are out in force I see?

The fact is, Broner has faced the best coming up through the weights and has beat them all. Ricky's next fight is his biggest, Broner has been turning over high level competition at world level. They wanted Ricky to fight Liam Walsh not to long back. And Ricky's last fight was against Kevin Mitchell. Adrien Broner has stopped fighters who aint been stopped, beaten undefeated fighters, and beaten numero uno ranked fighters.

Gavin Rees had only been stopped once in his whole career, against Kotelnik, Rees himself admitted back then he was living a fast life. This was supposedly a fitter, new and improved confident Gavin Rees and apart from a good showing in 2 rounds. Broner stepped it up and squished Rees like a slug.

What makes anyone think that he cant do it to Ricky Burns? He has done it to everyone else.........

Is Ricky Burns some messiah and all time great with more power than Tyson and more skill than Mayweather?
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #48
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
The down players and suppressesers are out in force I see?

The fact is, Broner has faced the best coming up through the weights and has beat them all. Ricky's next fight is his biggest, Broner has been turning over high level competition at world level. They wanted Ricky to fight Liam Walsh not to long back. And Ricky's last fight was against Kevin Mitchell. Adrien Broner has stopped fighters who aint been stopped, beaten undefeated fighters, and beaten numero uno ranked fighters.
Rickys last fight was against Kevin Mitchell, Broners last fight was against Gavin Rees

Broners stopped fighters who've neevr been stopped..you mean when he came in over-weight against Escobedo? a guy who was comprehensively stopped last night?

beaten undefeated fighters, please tell me you are not talking about the cokehead Eloy Perez? Burns beat an undefeated puerto rican fighter called Rocky Martinez

and beaten numero uno ranked fighters, rankings are subjective, Antonio Demarco was never the number one lightweight, Vazquez was for me
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #49
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Kevin Mitchell had only been stopped once in his whole career, against Katsidis, Mitchell himself admitted back then he was living a fast life. This was supposedly a fitter, new and improved confident Kevin Mitchell and apart from a good showing in 2 rounds. Burns stepped it up and squished Mitchell like a slug.
fixed..Mitchell had never been on the canvas before Burns either
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #50
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

See what I mean?....Probably not.

No matter what he does, there is always people here to try and play it down. Whether you like it or not, he did do those things. And De Marco was number one, what do you want me to say? And what can anybody do about it?

Escobedo got finished last night because Broner destroyed him and his confidence. He'll never be the same because of what Broner did.

I remember on here just a month or so ago, Vazquez was getting shit for being a "crap fighter who aint fought anyone and he shouldnt be ranked so high". De Marco was getting plenty of credit going into the Broner fight. Before, it was "No forgone conclusion, and he has got the tools, right hand this, right hand that" After the fight - "De Marco isnt number one, and is awful."

After the last Vazquez fight and Ricky Burns announcement, Miguel Vazquez is a good fighter all of a sudden?

I think its about time we get some permanent goal posts that cant be moved, and bikes that can only pedal forwards. This crap is becoming so contradictive and hypocritical it is actually laughable.

What will it be if Burns gets beat by Vazquez or Broner......"Oh its nothing to be ashamed of?"
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #51
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBrenny View Post
fixed..Mitchell had never been on the canvas before Burns either
Oh he didnt get completely destroyed by Michael Katsidis then, with the ropes the only thing keeping him up?
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #52
Webzcas
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

The only thing that Broner showed last night was that he is world level and a class a arrogant ****. Problem for the problem though is Burns is also a world class boxer with a class personality.

Still a 50/50 fight for me if/when Burns fights Broner.
Webzcas is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #53
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

People are just so negative and critical of Broner, but he is doing everything right inside the ring. Thats where all the talking matters. I mean, he is not exactly hard to hate, the bloke is a complete and utter arsehole and a modern day fighter with the modern day mentality. Walking to the ring with a headset on, its so cheesy its funny, his dad brushing his hair, everyone telling him how great he is. No wonder so many people hate him. But I tell ya what, he is good to the fans, he stops to sign autographs, he stops to speak, he communicates with his fans.

All 50 of em.

But anyway, as people are so critical, to add balance, tell me something negative about Ricky Burns, what is he not good at inside the ring? What can he improve on?
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 01:13 PM   #54
perspicacity
Raising The Bar
ESB Addict

vCash: 185000

Quote:
the bloke is a complete and utter arsehole
oh the irony
perspicacity is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #55
elbrujito
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 760

dont think this fight will happen now - the schedules money location will never fit and broner will move up

burns has a got a big job on up next the build up will be ruined with every other question or comment droning on about broner
elbrujito is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #56
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
Broner thinks Ricky bitten off more than he can chew coz he knows Ricky is the No1 and he will get his ass handed to him,very disrespectful man who many have little to no time for!
I'm sure I seen his dad in the nutty professor lol
Concentate on Vazquez, Billy. Thats no gimme.
badlefthook84 is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 01:43 PM   #57
silly_illy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlefthook84 View Post
Concentate on Vazquez, Billy. Thats no gimme.
Vazquez will get ROBBED!

& Broner beats burns ..and its not a 50-50 like some are making!
silly_illy is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #58
rossco666
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Oh he didnt get completely destroyed by Michael Katsidis then, with the ropes the only thing keeping him up?
No shame in that, Kats hit like a mule. He wasnt a total ko artist but he could bang. Mitchell was actually doing well against Katsidis untill he got caught, so it was hardly a destruction.
rossco666 is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #59
Scotty321
Champion
East Side Guru

Rees put up a better effort last night than Mitchell did against Katsidis. That was the first time he had stopped anyone in 4 years and at least Rees won a few rounds
Scotty321 is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #60
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyewil View Post

Rees had 5 weeks training camp seems no one is mentioning this

I also think mitchell beats rees
You could have given Rees three months and a combined corner of Lockett, Roach and Beristain - he just didn't have the athletic gifts to beat Broner.
dftaylor is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum