Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #91
theboy_racer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: How does Burns/Broner go now then?

It goes the distance, Broner is good but still completely overhyped

Burns will give him by far his toughest fight if he gets by Vasquez
theboy_racer is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #92
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

hmmmm its a 40/60 fight in favour of Broner maybe.

If you really think about it, Burns has been the better fighters by far!!!
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 09:12 PM   #93
theboy_racer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan80 View Post
Think people are going way overboard on Broner here. He's big at the weight but Burns is no midget - tall, massive shoulders, long armed, he's clearly a physically strong guy who would not be pushed around on the inside.
Obviously Broner puts his shots together well when he's teeing off, but he's never faced a guy who will ram a jab and right hand down his pipe like Burns can from the outside, I've spoke to a few who've sparred Ricky and they all say he can really crack, his ko record is vastly misleading.
Broner gets comfortable quickly in fights and which allows him to mentally stay real calm, especially on the inside where he can begin to pick his shots and bully opponents who he knows can't hurt him, I honestly don't think he could do that to Burns - Rees let his hands go on the inside and clipped Broner who really hasn't mastered that Philly shell like Floyd or a master like Toney - if he stood there trying that shit with Burns he'd be getting lashed by a very good body puncher who would make him think twice and take him out of his comfort zone big time.
Burns has really started to find his range quickly with his right hand in his last few fights, I think he tags Broner early with it and takes some of his confidence away, by mid rounds it's a proper live fight, if Broner can match the fitness, work rate and strength of Burns, whilst showing a defence that he's never shown before, then I'll be impressed, but I think Ricky drags him into deep water late on and gives the ****y little ****er a hiding he'll never forget

Agree with a lot of this, it's a very interesting match up
Old 02-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #94
theboy_racer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilo View Post
Here's what we KNOW Broner can do:

Beat a European level lightweight.
Beat a crude, one dimensional, lightweight titlist.
Counter punch. With speed and force.
Beat a past-prime Escobedo, whilst overweight.
Beat a coked up Eloy Perez.

That's pretty much it. Those are the facts. What I see a load of is people saying he could do this, that and the other. But the above is what we know.

There's an awful lot of questions still to be answered.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #95
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

he will take burns apart, totally destroys him, In a flatout beat down.
T.C.W is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #96
lirva
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

people giving burns a chance are the same mugs that gave rees a chance

no surprise there
lirva is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2013, 11:47 PM   #97
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirva View Post
people giving burns a chance are the same mugs that gave rees a chance

no surprise there
Froch - Bute
Lilo is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2013, 12:52 AM   #98
gashalasha7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilo View Post
Froch - Bute
gashalasha7 is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2013, 01:07 AM   #99
The Buture
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Think Burns could win rounds to take a decision, or Broner could hurt and stop Burns. The 2 most likely outcomes as I view it...either way though, i'm excited just at the thought of it.

If this gets made I will be buzzing at the thought of it from the moment it's made to the moment they're in the ring together. Would be hoping so much Burns could hand him his arse. Would absolutely LOVE to see him do it. Do what you can to make sure it happens Billy! Whoever teaches Broner a lesson will become heroes within boxing.
The Buture is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2013, 08:12 AM   #100
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

One fight against a euro level fighter and all of a sudden Broner is the saviour of boxing. He showed nothing on saturday that he hasn't shown before, movement will be his downfall....A vasquez fight would be very interesting IMO
icemax is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2013, 08:14 AM   #101
Elliot
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 634

Burns is better equipped to beat Vazquez than Broner is.

I'm not 100% sure of a Burns Broner fight, but I do believe Vazquez would beat Broner and have an easier time than he would with Burns.
Elliot is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #102
SugarRay1985
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBrenny View Post
Nope, not only do I disagree with this, but that is not the reason I think Burns can cause Broner problems (oh, Pun alert!)

Burns has the tools. Broner is good , yes, hes ****ing good, but he still has to be really tested by a guy who has the tools to beat him, like Burns does

Rees had moments of success that told me much more than his moments of failure, TKO 5 looks good on the record, but for a so called p4p champ, Adrien Broner showed the exact weaknesses I thought he would against Rees, weaknesses Ricky Burns can exploit.

I don't care who wins, I just want to see this fight (But Burns can win lol)

In fact, let's be honest here, Broner knows himself Ricky Burns would be his toughest challenge, that's why he wants to fight him so much, thats a testiment to Broner, but also a question for you Burns doubters, if Burns is some random scottish titlist who wouldn't last to the mid rounds with Broner, why does Broner say "I want to fight Ricky Burns" time and time again, clearly even he knows Ricky Burns is a threat.

Lets see who wins between Burns and Vazquez ((tough one, stylistically both guys could give eachother and Broner problems) and whoever wins, let's see Broner actually fight a guy who can beat him for the proper lightweight bragging rights
the more you keep repeating,the more you will convince yourself.
SugarRay1985 is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2013, 04:09 PM   #103
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBrenny View Post
Nope, not only do I disagree with this, but that is not the reason I think Burns can cause Broner problems (oh, Pun alert!)

Burns has the tools. Broner is good , yes, hes ****ing good, but he still has to be really tested by a guy who has the tools to beat him, like Burns does

Rees had moments of success that told me much more than his moments of failure, TKO 5 looks good on the record, but for a so called p4p champ, Adrien Broner showed the exact weaknesses I thought he would against Rees, weaknesses Ricky Burns can exploit.

I don't care who wins, I just want to see this fight (But Burns can win lol)

In fact, let's be honest here, Broner knows himself Ricky Burns would be his toughest challenge, that's why he wants to fight him so much, thats a testiment to Broner, but also a question for you Burns doubters, if Burns is some random scottish titlist who wouldn't last to the mid rounds with Broner, why does Broner say "I want to fight Ricky Burns" time and time again, clearly even he knows Ricky Burns is a threat.

Lets see who wins between Burns and Vazquez ((tough one, stylistically both guys could give eachother and Broner problems) and whoever wins, let's see Broner actually fight a guy who can beat him for the proper lightweight bragging rights
What weaknesses were these exactly? That Rees can throw combinations and land the odd half shot? So what, Rees isn't a complete mug, that's what he's good at, being deceptively quick offensively. He'd do the exact same thing with Ricky except last 12 rounds. Broner knew he had nothing and took chances. The exact same problem Rees has is also a problem Burns as, these kids really have no power against Broner. Nothing, if people think Burns bothers Broner in the slightest with his punches they're in for a rude awakening.

If Ricky Burns can't completely get Roman Martinez under control how on earth do they think he throws 1-2's all night down the pipe with the odd left-hook to the body and that's going to confuse Broner apparently and stop his march forward? Give me a break, it just ain't happening!
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #104
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
What weaknesses were these exactly? That Rees can throw combinations and land the odd half shot? So what, Rees isn't a complete mug, that's what he's good at, being deceptively quick offensively. He'd do the exact same thing with Ricky except last 12 rounds. Broner knew he had nothing and took chances. The exact same problem Rees has is also a problem Burns as, these kids really have no power against Broner. Nothing, if people think Burns bothers Broner in the slightest with his punches they're in for a rude awakening.

If Ricky Burns can't completely get Roman Martinez under control how on earth do they think he throws 1-2's all night down the pipe with the odd left-hook to the body and that's going to confuse Broner apparently and stop his march forward? Give me a break, it just ain't happening!
As if Burns hasn't improved at all since the Martinez fight!
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #105
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

He's only improved the things he was always good at. There ain't no riddle there, its the same basic M.O. He still can't move at the waist and he's still going to be backed up all night, and when he does get backed up what's he going to do except try and block off the ropes? It's no way near good enough and I'm shocked if you believe there is a chance it is.
TFFP is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum