Old 02-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #46
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1054
Default Re: Jack Dempsey VS Michael Moore..two versions

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitor View Post
I don't see an overweight film director giving Dempsey too many problems.
How much weight do you think Dempsey would be giving away
Mr Butt is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #47
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I like Dempsey to knock out Moore
lufcrazy is online now  Top
Old 02-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #48
Ricky42791
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2835

As someone eluded to earlier, a south paw is vulnerable to right hands and left hooks. Dempsey wasn't exactly larry holmes when it came to his jab so this definitely plays to his advantage. If Moore outboxed him all night and didn't exchange he could possibly earn a UD but once on of those Dempsey left hooks gets in its good night Irene, or Moore for that matter.
Ricky42791 is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #49
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Dempsey by KO, brutal power vs shaky chin
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #50
rusak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Moorer is the obvious favorite here.

Dempsey was a very basic, limited fighter. To put it another way, Dempsey couldn't box his way out of a paper bag.

Just look at how Dempsey fights Tunney. Bobbing and weaving, still getting hit, no jab, very low volume. When Dempsey lunges in, Tunney is waiting for him and ties him up with ease, Dempsey does nothing on the inside. It's as if Dempsey is just looking for one shot the entire time and he's very predictable with what he does. How is this supposed to get it done against any good boxer, especially one with power and a size advantage? It won't.

And don't say that Dempsey was old and rusty. It doesn't matter when they fought, Dempsey still would have fought the same way.

Dempsey has a small chance at a knockout but that's it. Moorer can win by decision or by knockout.
rusak is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #51
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusak View Post
Moorer is the obvious favorite here.

Dempsey was a very basic, limited fighter. To put it another way, Dempsey couldn't box his way out of a paper bag.

Just look at how Dempsey fights Tunney. Bobbing and weaving, still getting hit, no jab, very low volume. When Dempsey lunges in, Tunney is waiting for him and ties him up with ease, Dempsey does nothing on the inside. It's as if Dempsey is just looking for one shot the entire time and he's very predictable with what he does. How is this supposed to get it done against any good boxer, especially one with power and a size advantage? It won't.

And don't say that Dempsey was old and rusty. It doesn't matter when they fought, Dempsey still would have fought the same way.

Dempsey has a small chance at a knockout but that's it. Moorer can win by decision or by knockout.

it does matter if you are old dip ****....you can awesome with a certain style in your prime and than lose when your older with the same style..its called losing reflexes, timing, speed, and some conditioning....simply put, its called getting old..thats why getting old matters.

Johnstown is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #52
rusak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown View Post
it does matter if you are old dip ****....you can awesome with a certain style in your prime and than lose when your older with the same style..its called losing reflexes, timing, speed, and some conditioning....simply put, its called getting old..thats why getting old matters.

Save the fairy tales, brah. I'm not buying it. And while you're at it, get Dempsey's nuts out of your mouth. Dempsey maybe would have been a little bit quicker but that's it and it wouldn't have made much of a difference. Look at how easily Tunney ties up Dempsey and bullies him around the ring. That's not "old age" or loss of reflexes. Tunney is clearly the stronger man in there. Moreover, I'm pointing out the limitations of Dempsey's style.
rusak is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2013, 10:44 PM   #53
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Save the fairy tales, brah. I'm not buying it. And while you're at it, get Dempsey's nuts out of your mouth. Dempsey maybe would have been a little bit quicker but that's it and it wouldn't have made much of a difference. Look at how easily Tunney ties up Dempsey and bullies him around the ring. That's not "old age" or loss of reflexes. Tunney is clearly the stronger man in there. Moreover, I'm pointing out the limitations of Dempsey's style.
Reflexes and speed make a difference in tying up...why do you think good olympic wrestlers get old the same way boxers do....its not all strength.

Moorer fought like he was half asleep most fights anyhow.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:59 PM   #54
rusak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Dempsey's style would be a disaster for him today. It's no accident that practically no boxers fight the way he did. No jab, very low volume, coming in with your hands low, looking for a lunging left hook. Yeah, good luck with that. I see Dempsey getting impaled on left hands from Moorer.

To win this fight, Dempsey has to land a big left hook. But Moorer will have the left hook scouted, his hands up. After Dempsey eats a few flush lefts from Moorer, he'll be in no condition to deliver that picture perfect left hook.
rusak is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2013, 11:03 PM   #55
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Dempsey's style would be a disaster for him today. It's no accident that practically no boxers fight the way he did. No jab, very low volume, coming in with your hands low, looking for a lunging left hook. Yeah, good luck with that. I see Dempsey getting impaled on left hands from Moorer.

To win this fight, Dempsey has to land a big left hook. But Moorer will have the left hook scouted, his hands up. After Dempsey eats a few flush lefts from Moorer, he'll be in no condition to deliver that picture perfect left hook.
he jabbed a bit more than he is given credit for...low guard is done by plenty of fighters..mostly good fighters...

i do think with a south paw he might have to pick his guard up a bit though.

honestly....I never saw moorer use his feet that well or use his jab to keep someone out..if you wanted to get in on him...you could....now moorer was a pretty good inside figher..but i dont think he is beating dempsey on the inside.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum