Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-13-2013, 05:48 PM   #451
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000
Default Re: This Coldwell TV thing

I wish Coldwell had more exposure because you can tell he's got some really good ideas about boxing, how it should be presented and it's future. I think that with a better stable and more funding, they could make a really good go of it, so hopefully they'll get that soon. I don't sense that Coldwell is out to make money as absolute priority at any cost, I think he wants to do the right things by the fans and the fighters, and as a fan, that impresses me a lot.

Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I think if Coldwell had, say, the Channel 5 contract and Hennessy's stable, I think he'd have done a better job of it than Mick has, for both the fighters and the fans. I think he'd have done a better job with Hatton's stable than Hatton has too. Maloney doesn't have an easy job with Price, because of the lack of contract, but I wish Coldwell has a real diamond like Price on his books and if he did have, I think he'd have done as well as Maloney has in building Price's profile. Coldwell and Hearn are the two promoters who really give off the right signals, so hopefully Coldwell can build his stable and get on Sky or find another TV deal somewhere. I think he deserves a chance, at the very least.
Jack is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #452
Paullow
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I wish Coldwell had more exposure because you can tell he's got some really good ideas about boxing, how it should be presented and it's future. I think that with a better stable and more funding, they could make a really good go of it, so hopefully they'll get that soon. I don't sense that Coldwell is out to make money as absolute priority at any cost, I think he wants to do the right things by the fans and the fighters, and as a fan, that impresses me a lot.

Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I think if Coldwell had, say, the Channel 5 contract and Hennessy's stable, I think he'd have done a better job of it than Mick has, for both the fighters and the fans. I think he'd have done a better job with Hatton's stable than Hatton has too. Maloney doesn't have an easy job with Price, because of the lack of contract, but I wish Coldwell has a real diamond like Price on his books and if he did have, I think he'd have done as well as Maloney has in building Price's profile. Coldwell and Hearn are the two promoters who really give off the right signals, so hopefully Coldwell can build his stable and get on Sky or find another TV deal somewhere. I think he deserves a chance, at the very least.
Good post. He comes across as a decent bloke!
Paullow is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #453
rezzer
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

I like Nafflad26. In all honestly boxing fans are more interested in the Tv situation than fans of other sports because it is broadcast on so many channels and sometimes not broadcast at all. This is not a situation that mainstream sports fans have to deal with. As far as I am concerned good luck to you Nafflad26, you take way too much stick for my liking.
rezzer is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #454
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think Coldwell will get a SKY deal eventually. I think he's broadcasting Matt Hatton's IBO fight in Sarf Efrica too.
Lilo is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #455
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzer View Post
I like Nafflad26. In all honestly boxing fans are more interested in the Tv situation than fans of other sports because it is broadcast on so many channels and sometimes not broadcast at all. This is not a situation that mainstream sports fans have to deal with. As far as I am concerned good luck to you Nafflad26, you take way too much stick for my liking.
i think he would be good if he dint constantly post threads on the same thing . He was banned for it before under another name ,hes been found out and when i confronted him about it he still continues to spam the board ...

i like the board and appreciate folk will ask tv questions,but see when its the same person with the same question they bring it on them self.
alba is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #456
Nafflad26
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I have stopped tv threads recently. I do know more about boxing than just tv thread stuff.
Nafflad26 is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #457
rezzer
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Nafflad and Alba. I think if I met you both you would be two top guys. There's nothing wrong with a bit of banter. Good luck to you both.
rezzer is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #458
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafflad26 View Post
I have stopped tv threads recently. I do know more about boxing than just tv thread stuff.
Your still under probation Naff . Im watching you
alba is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2013, 03:31 PM   #459
Nafflad26
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Alba me and you in a boxing quiz I ask you questions and then you ask me. See who is the most knowledgeable!
Nafflad26 is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #460
Marlow
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 960

Quote:
Alba me and you in a boxing quiz I ask you questions and then you ask me. See who is the most knowledgeable!
Take it most of your questions will be from the radio times?
Marlow is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2013, 11:25 PM   #461
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Which TV channel first broadcast a flyweight title fight in Britain?
Lilo is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2013, 09:40 AM   #462
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: The New and Improved Boxing on TV thread!

I Scene in article earlier that was saying that Degale's next fight is going to be on WealthTv, what is going on there? Does that mean it's on C5 as well or he won't feature on terrestrial?
JonnyBGoode is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #463
JIM KELLY
Bullshyt Mr Han Man!
East Side VIP

what's the schedule for this saturday?
JIM KELLY is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #464
chrisfinch
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGoode View Post
I Scene in article earlier that was saying that Degale's next fight is going to be on WealthTv, what is going on there? Does that mean it's on C5 as well or he won't feature on terrestrial?
Wealth TV is an American channel that shows a lot of boxing, including Hennessy's fights.
chrisfinch is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 07:20 PM   #465
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Ah I see cheers for that, makes sense, couldn't work out what was going on and too lazy to google!
JonnyBGoode is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum