Old 02-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #61
JIM KELLY
Bullshyt Mr Han Man!
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan off sky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Come to think of it, Khan's approach in the ring that night mirrors everything you've said.

Khan: Rubio told me he can't hit that hard, so I'mma just walk straight through him.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
I don't know if the sky boys were just adding hype to the fight regarding prescott's pre-ring walk warm up, but it indeed made sense after what we saw in the ring.
JIM KELLY is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #62
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
****ing hell, you're worse than Craney. At least when he chats shite and causes arguments on here it's funny. You're just a boring prick on every thread.
Oh, the irony
icemax is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #63
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 416

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
Oh, the irony
What irony? I called you what you are. A boring prick.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #64
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

people talking about Sky being crazy to drop Khan, but when has Khan ever delivered for Sky? He has never had a fight in the UK on regular Sky Sports.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #65
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Im actually with Rob on this, Khan has been nothing but a pain in the arse for Sky, he has his loyal deluded followers but the majority of boxing fans think he's a twat and truth be told he's not that good of a fighter.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #66
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2775

throwing his toys out of his pram again i see.
if he shouts a little longer sky might just give him his own way if he whines long enough
ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #67
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
Im actually with Rob on this, Khan has been nothing but a pain in the arse for Sky, he has his loyal deluded followers but the majority of boxing fans think he's a twat and truth be told he's not that good of a fighter.
It's true that the majority in Britain only watch him in the hope that he gets knocked flat on his arse but they still watch him regardless and that's what matters most to Sky. They don't care why people watch, just as long as they do.

Khan, unfortunately, is probably the UK's most well known fighter still. Even if he is arrogant little **** who almost everyone hates.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #68
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
It's true that the majority in Britain only watch him in the hope that he gets knocked flat on his arse but they still watch him regardless and that's what matters most to Sky. They don't care why people watch, just as long as they do.

Khan, unfortunately, is probably the UK's most well known fighter still. Even if he is arrogant little **** who almost everyone hates.
when has he ever pulled in big viewing figures for Sky Sports?
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #69
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
when has he ever pulled in big viewing figures for Sky Sports?
I think his big title fights did Judah and Garcia. Fights with Carlos Molina though, no one apart from die-hard fan boys gives a ****. It looks like he'll be having those type of fights for a while so Sky pulling the plug (if they truly have) isn't that surprising.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2013, 01:38 PM   #70
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I think his big title fights did Judah and Garcia. Fights with Carlos Molina though, no one apart from die-hard fan boys gives a ****. It looks like he'll be having those type of fights for a while so Sky pulling the plug (if they truly have) isn't that surprising.
they were all in the USA
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #71
Nafflad26
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Judah was on primetime.
Nafflad26 is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #72
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
they were all in the USA
I know, it's because he'd likely get booed in the UK (or at least not cheered to rafters). People don't like him here and he and his team know that now. that's why he ****ed off to the USA full-time. Last time he fought here was against McCloskey and he was booed out of the arena I heard.

Even Floyd Mayweather said; "I've got more fans in his country than he does."

The only reason most people watch him is in hope of seeing him get knocked out and humiliated. Unfortunately, Sky see that as a good enough reason to keep giving him lucrative deals. I hope they really have ****ed him off this time, it would send a message.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2013, 02:23 PM   #73
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

Quote:
I know, it's because he'd likely get booed in the UK (or at least not cheered to rafters). People don't like him here and he and his team know that now. that's why he ****ed off to the USA full-time. Last time he fought here was against McCloskey and he was booed out of the arena I heard.

Even Floyd Mayweather said; "I've got more fans in his country than he does."

The only reason most people watch him is in hope of seeing him get knocked out and humiliated. Unfortunately, Sky see that as a good enough reason to keep giving him lucrative deals. I hope they really have ****ed him off this time, it would send a message.
What a load of crap. He got a louder ovation than Paul did when he fought at the MEN, and he never got booed out. Of course, there were some dissapointed Irish fans who didn't want to see it end like that.

No, the reason he '****ed off' is because that's where the money is and is rather obligated by his broadcaster to fight in the US rather than the UK. You're continuously talking a load of bullshit on this forum recently and I don't know where you get it from.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #74
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
What a load of crap. He got a louder ovation than Paul did when he fought at the MEN, and he never got booed out. Of course, there were some dissapointed Irish fans who didn't want to see it end like that.

No, the reason he '****ed off' is because that's where the money is and is rather obligated by his broadcaster to fight in the US rather than the UK. You're continuously talking a load of bullshit on this forum recently and I don't know where you get it from.
If Khan hit an old lady you'd defend him. Was honest to God wondering when you'd turn up to defend your precious Amir. His fight with McCloskey stunk the MEN out and fans in attendance were pissed off. Barry Hearn went ****ing mental, accused Team Khan are robbing the fans. Whether that's true or not is up for debate because McCloskey's crap style was to blame too but what isn't up for debate is the fact that most fans, except die hard fan boys like you, don't like him and route against him.

Also to Nafflad 26, I forgot about Judah vs Khan was on primetime tbh. I guess we were really are stuck for quality fights he's had on Sky. The only ones I can think of our Maidana and Peterson.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #75
glue glove
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Remember when we was expected to shell out PPV for the Prescott fight?

What a success!

Imagine how his career would've been if he beat him as planned?
glue glove is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum