Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
Markyboy86
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,733
vCash: 75
Unhappy Donaire/Rigo in doubt

Taken from Nonitos FB

NEWS BREAK: I want you guys to hear it from me first. I am NOT going to NYC for the presser this Thursday bc Rigo is backing off his agreement to VADA drug testing. Rigo's team verbally agreed to VADA testing both online and in negotiations. But now that the contract to start testing is infront of them, they are finding every excuse not to sign and delay the start of the testing. I have NOT signed my fight contract yet to fight him so I have no obligation to fight ONLY HIM. It disappoints me that top fighters these days run from everything that will hold professional boxing integrity to its highest standard. I will be looking into other opponents with my manager, Cameron Dunkin immediately.

Sucks man, fight i was looking forward to most in the 1st 6 months of the year
Markyboy86 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #2
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Granada, Spain.
Posts: 4,293
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Donaire/Rigo in doubt

There's a shock, one of the best looking fights out there off to a non starter.
AlFrancis is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10,864
vCash: 500
Default Re: Donaire/Rigo in doubt

Smh..
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:32 PM   #4
tyewil
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 221
vCash: 677
Default Re: Donaire/Rigo in doubt

thought nonito stated many times that he didnt care if other fighters he was fighting didnt do the tests
tyewil is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #5
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, UK
Posts: 14,972
vCash: 238
Default Re: Donaire/Rigo in doubt

Can't blame him.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:09 PM   #6
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 500
Default Re: Donaire/Rigo in doubt

Rigo has no excuse if he verbally agreed to testing.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:35 PM   #7
tony mush
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vazquez & Marquez are heroes
Posts: 4,332
vCash: 2863
Default Re: Donaire/Rigo in doubt

from rigos manager facebook page
Just to put some clarity on the issues raised by Donaire regarding Rigo refusing to sign up for VADA testing. Rigo has never refused to sign up for VADA testing. I asked Top Rank lawyer Dan Pancheri today if he would send the VADA agreement in Spanish as Rigo does not undertsand English. I also asked that all substances given to Donaire by Victor Conte be sent to us so that we could have them checked out. I have just received the VADA agreement in Spanish and Victor Conte has agreed to send us all substances he is giving Donaire. Rigo will now sign the VADA agreement and Donaire should sign the bout contract. Donaire should not put anymore misleading posts on Twitter. Let's get it on Baby Rigo's time to show the world who's BOSS
tony mush is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:44 PM   #8
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10,864
vCash: 500
Default Re: Donaire/Rigo in doubt

Fair enough IMO. Lets get this popping. Gonna be epic! .
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #9
KidJackal
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dublin
Posts: 950
vCash: 2323
Default Re: Donaire/Rigo in doubt

Good, had me worried for a minute!

Waaaaaaaaar Rigo!!
KidJackal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:46 PM   #10
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Granada, Spain.
Posts: 4,293
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Donaire/Rigo in doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony mush View Post
from rigos manager facebook page
Just to put some clarity on the issues raised by Donaire regarding Rigo refusing to sign up for VADA testing. Rigo has never refused to sign up for VADA testing. I asked Top Rank lawyer Dan Pancheri today if he would send the VADA agreement in Spanish as Rigo does not undertsand English. I also asked that all substances given to Donaire by Victor Conte be sent to us so that we could have them checked out. I have just received the VADA agreement in Spanish and Victor Conte has agreed to send us all substances he is giving Donaire. Rigo will now sign the VADA agreement and Donaire should sign the bout contract. Donaire should not put anymore misleading posts on Twitter. Let's get it on Baby Rigo's time to show the world who's BOSS
Good news
AlFrancis is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:57 AM   #11
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,893
vCash: 75
Default Re: Donaire/Rigo in doubt

Donaire can be a whiny little cunt sometimes. Jumping the gun and spreading stuff which isn't even true.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:20 AM   #12
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 500
Default Re: Donaire/Rigo in doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Donaire can be a whiny little cunt sometimes. Jumping the gun and spreading stuff which isn't even true.
It's sounds like he was expecting the contract to be signed and felt Rigo's team were stalling. If there was a reason for the delay, Rigo and his team should have shared that.

Either way, Nonito is going to smash him to pieces.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:24 AM   #13
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: England
Posts: 9,577
vCash: 500
Default Re: Donaire/Rigo in doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
It's sounds like he was expecting the contract to be signed and felt Rigo's team were stalling. If there was a reason for the delay, Rigo and his team should have shared that.

Either way, Nonito is going to smash him to pieces.
Nonito will execute him.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:26 AM   #14
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gay St Pierre
Posts: 8,188
vCash: 75
Default Re: Donaire/Rigo in doubt

not really fair for rigo when donaire has conte working for him and doesnt conte work or did work with vada, its so ****ed up the whole fight game now when it comes to these extra tests and then you have people who are years ahead of these tests like conte and memo
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:33 AM   #15
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,432
vCash: 500
Default Re: Donaire/Rigo in doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawSlayer View Post
not really fair for rigo when donaire has conte working for him and doesnt conte work or did work with vada, its so ****ed up the whole fight game now when it comes to these extra tests and then you have people who are years ahead of these tests like conte and memo
Donaire agreed to year round random testing. Conte works with all sorts of athletes under much stricter supervision than other nutritionists. Or are you suggesting Andre Ward is on the juice too?

Your point makes no sense - Nonito is the one pushing for the testing.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013