Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 01-24-2013, 01:23 AM   #1
kmanaG
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Kiril Relihk

I recently stumbled on to this promising Belorussian and wonder what people were thinking about him. He seems to be very much a work in progress but is still very young, looks heavy handed and throws some lovely bursts of shots.

Is he the next Rabchenko?
kmanaG is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2013, 01:37 AM   #2
sadlittleboy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kiril Relihk

Saw [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] earlier and I like what I see. Sure the kid won't be a world champion in the next few years but if he can take a shot he'll be really fun. Hopefully he manages to break out of Belarus before it's too late.
sadlittleboy is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2013, 03:30 AM   #3
kmanaG
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Cheers Sad, that KO shot in that video looked like a solid blow. Looks like a very powerful youngster.
kmanaG is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #4
Boxing Prospect
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Yeah I noticed this kid fighting the other night so did a bit of digging. Must admit I actually enjoyed writing that article as I was a huge Yuri Romanov fan and hope that his unfulfilled career will allow Relihk to go on to do something a bit better. Romanov was a European champion as we all know so if Relihk can go better than that, he'll be a world class talent.

Last edited by Boxing Prospect; 01-30-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Boxing Prospect is online now  Top
Old 01-26-2013, 08:07 AM   #5
sadlittleboy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He certainly looks like a strong kid which is always advantageous, not many youngsters look that strong.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:36 PM   #6
Boxing Prospect
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Yeah he looks really strong. Would like to see him in with others the same size as him though as I have a feeling he's picking on naturally smaller men hence him looking a division, or two, bigger than them.
Boxing Prospect is online now  Top
Old 01-30-2013, 04:14 PM   #7
LowBlowKO
Journeyman

Love the fact "Kiril" is the Serbian version of "Cyril". Have we ever have a world champion called "Cyril"?
LowBlowKO is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 08:54 AM   #8
kmanaG
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadlittleboy View Post
Saw [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] earlier and I like what I see. Sure the kid won't be a world champion in the next few years but if he can take a shot he'll be really fun. Hopefully he manages to break out of Belarus before it's too late.

It's not been updated to include his most recent fight, so does anyone know how he did against the Ukrainian guy on Tuesday?
kmanaG is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 11:10 PM   #9
Livershot09
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 16685

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmanaG View Post
It's not been updated to include his most recent fight, so does anyone know how he did against the Ukrainian guy on Tuesday?
He knocked Ayvazidi out in the 5th round.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Livershot09 is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 12:47 AM   #10
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowBlowKO View Post
Love the fact "Kiril" is the Serbian version of "Cyril". Have we ever have a world champion called "Cyril"?
Saints Cyril and Methoodius were missionaries to Slavic lands and devised the Glagolitic alphebet which was used for Old Church Slavonic. Modern Cyrillic alphebets used in half the Slavic countries today have are derived from their alphabet. Hence the name Kiril and its significance.

Relikh looks okay but im not terribly impressed tbh. Belarus usually has a steady stream of decent fighters though. Most promising is Siarhei Karneyeu who i hope goes pro soon, he fought at 201lbs but could probably make LHW. His loss to Mammadov at the Olympics was probably the worst robbery of the game.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #11
sadlittleboy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Just seen he's on the Monaco card at the end of the month! Great chance to see him on a high profile card.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:22 AM   #12
LowBlowKO
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
Saints Cyril and Methoodius were missionaries to Slavic lands and devised the Glagolitic alphebet which was used for Old Church Slavonic. Modern Cyrillic alphebets used in half the Slavic countries today have are derived from their alphabet. Hence the name Kiril and its significance.

Relikh looks okay but im not terribly impressed tbh. Belarus usually has a steady stream of decent fighters though. Most promising is Siarhei Karneyeu who i hope goes pro soon, he fought at 201lbs but could probably make LHW. His loss to Mammadov at the Olympics was probably the worst robbery of the game.
I love the interet and the way we get a history lesson on a boxing forum. Honestly that's actually interesting so thank you

I do like Relikh though personally. Would be great to see Karneyeu turn professional as well. The more the merrier!
LowBlowKO is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #13
sadlittleboy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The Italian that he'll be fighting doesn't look like he'll cause too many problems.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #14
Selenki
ESB Senior Member

him and Rabchenko are both very good, belarus got some top amateurs as well but they don't usually go pro - hopefully that will change
Selenki is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum