boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-20-2013, 05:31 AM   #1
JohnAnthony
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 272
Default Alvarez Trout isn't even confirmed!

On the Ring.

Schaefer says there also looking at other options.

3 questions on this thread.

1) do you think this fight will be on the undercard.

2) Is this fight bgi enough to be its own headline PPV event

3) How much does it cost to have the most popular mexican fighter Alvarez on your undercard on Mexican independence day, fighting his biggest fight, to unify titles!
JohnAnthony is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2013, 06:02 AM   #2
Nonito Smoak
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 673
Default Re: Alvarez Trout isn't even confirmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
On the Ring.

Schaefer says there also looking at other options.

3 questions on this thread.

1) do you think this fight will be on the undercard.

2) Is this fight bgi enough to be its own headline PPV event

3) How much does it cost to have the most popular mexican fighter Alvarez on your undercard on Mexican independence day, fighting his biggest fight, to unify titles!
1) I hope so. If I have a gun to my head, I live dangerously and say yes.

2) Yes. If Mosley vs. Mora and Cotto vs. Mayorga headlined an HBO and Showtime PPV, respectively, than this certainly could. But no in the sense that it would not surpass numbers set by Sergio vs. Chavez Jr. last year. I have nothing to base the previous sentence on other than what I think. I don't know if Alvarez is a significantly bigger draw than Chavez and Sergio certainly brings much more fans and interest than the relative unknown and lesser accomplished Trout.

3) Well, Alvarez earned 1.2 million for fighting Mosley on the Floyd vs. Cotto HBO PPV undercard. He earned 2 million for Josesito headlining a big Showtime card. Judging by that trend and the caliber of opponent, and the drawing power of a fight with said opponent, if I'm throwing out a total guess... 4.2 million?
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 06:53 AM   #3
Boxed Ears
Mirage Athleticism
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 07:09 AM   #4
JohnAnthony
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonito Smoak View Post
1) I hope so. If I have a gun to my head, I live dangerously and say yes.

2) Yes. If Mosley vs. Mora and Cotto vs. Mayorga headlined an HBO and Showtime PPV, respectively, than this certainly could. But no in the sense that it would not surpass numbers set by Sergio vs. Chavez Jr. last year. I have nothing to base the previous sentence on other than what I think. I don't know if Alvarez is a significantly bigger draw than Chavez and Sergio certainly brings much more fans and interest than the relative unknown and lesser accomplished Trout.

3) Well, Alvarez earned 1.2 million for fighting Mosley on the Floyd vs. Cotto HBO PPV undercard. He earned 2 million for Josesito headlining a big Showtime card. Judging by that trend and the caliber of opponent, and the drawing power of a fight with said opponent, if I'm throwing out a total guess... 4.2 million?

yes good points. i agree it could probably stand up on its own. Alvarez doesnt need to be on these undercards anymore. he could probaly hold his own events.

From my understanding, he'll only fight on the undercard if he's guranteed the floyd fight in september should they both win.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:11 AM   #5
JohnAnthony
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
good point.

Colin farrell is one ***y man.

No ****
Old 02-20-2013, 07:23 AM   #6
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1444

Wow and This was the only good thing about the may 4th card too
box4life11 is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 07:28 AM   #7
MannySteward
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 806

This will be the biggest boxing disappointment in a long time if it doesn't get signed.
MannySteward is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 07:48 AM   #8
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 6160

So...

Burns vs Vazquez isn't confirmed
Floyd vs Guerrero isn't confirmed
And now Alvarez vs Trout isn't confirmed either...

Which fight is next?
Robney is online now  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 09:03 AM   #9
Abdullah
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I will be greatly disappointed if the Canelo-Trout fight doesn't happen on May 4th. So disappointed that I may not even purchase the PPV. I am beginning to think this was a sham from the word go. I hope I am wrong, but here is a theory of mine...

Richard Schaefer tells Canelo to get on twitter to "confirm" the May 4th fight against Trout. This shows that their star is able, willing and ready to face the toughest challenge out there in Austin Trout. This gives Canelo credibility and only makes Golden Boy Promotions look scared to challenge their young star. The same way he told Mayweather to get on twitter and say Devon Alexander is his May 4th opponent. Of course, this was done for a different reason. Shaefer asks himself, "How can we make fans want to see Floyd fight Guerrero on May 4th?" The answer is, give the fans an opponent they would hate to see against Floyd and then they will love the idea of Floyd fighting Guerrero. It makes sense.

Again, this is only a theory of mine. I have absolutely no evidence that any of this took place. I am happy with the Mayweather-Guerrero fight, but will be disappointed if Canelo fights anyone other than Trout. I am a big fan of Canelo and want to see him take the toughest fight out there. Trout is that challenge! Come on Golden Boy Promotions, make it happen.
Abdullah is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #10
Jim Bowen
MARVELOUS
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robney View Post
So...

Burns vs Vazquez isn't confirmed
Floyd vs Guerrero isn't confirmed
And now Alvarez vs Trout isn't confirmed either...

Which fight is next?
Donaire vs Rigo isn't confirmed either.
Jim Bowen is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #11
cippi
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 11570

im just worried about canelo vs trout. i dont think mayweather is committed to fight canelo if they both win. so trout vs canelo can and i think still will hapen , but just not may 4th, an canelo will still prolly fight may 4th but trout vs canelo thats too good 2 be tru
cippi is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #12
Miguel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

If this fight doesn't happen I'll at least get an uninterrupted night's sleep that night
Miguel is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #13
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1221

With May 4 being a Mexican national holiday,a high profile Mexican must be on this card to support Mayweather.Despite what Mayweather may think,he is not a Mexican icon,Canelo is and judging by the money Floyd is about to receive from Sho,I am certain Sho would insist on Canelo to be on this card to up the PPV buyrate.
Who Canelo fights is probably irrelavent for May 4.They will save the Trout fight for an independent PPV is my guess.
fatcity is online now  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #14
Pound4PoundG
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
I will be greatly disappointed if the Canelo-Trout fight doesn't happen on May 4th. So disappointed that I may not even purchase the PPV. I am beginning to think this was a sham from the word go. I hope I am wrong, but here is a theory of mine...

Richard Schaefer tells Canelo to get on twitter to "confirm" the May 4th fight against Trout. This shows that their star is able, willing and ready to face the toughest challenge out there in Austin Trout. This gives Canelo credibility and only makes Golden Boy Promotions look scared to challenge their young star. The same way he told Mayweather to get on twitter and say Devon Alexander is his May 4th opponent. Of course, this was done for a different reason. Shaefer asks himself, "How can we make fans want to see Floyd fight Guerrero on May 4th?" The answer is, give the fans an opponent they would hate to see against Floyd and then they will love the idea of Floyd fighting Guerrero. It makes sense.

Again, this is only a theory of mine. I have absolutely no evidence that any of this took place. I am happy with the Mayweather-Guerrero fight, but will be disappointed if Canelo fights anyone other than Trout. I am a big fan of Canelo and want to see him take the toughest fight out there. Trout is that challenge! Come on Golden Boy Promotions, make it happen.
I was thinking the same thing...
Pound4PoundG is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #15
Pound4PoundG
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Cant blame GBP but not putting him against Trout. Trout looks like the real deal to me and of those top top fighters that comes out of nowhere.
Pound4PoundG is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum