Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-20-2013, 10:22 AM   #46
Miguel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: If Mayweather has as tough a fight with Guerrero as he did with Cotto....

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli View Post
I predict a similar fight to the Floyd vs JMM fight.
I think it's a different fight - Marquez was outside his comfort zone in every way and had to change his normal fight plan of being a defensive counter puncher and go looking for Mayweather.

Guerrero's game plan will fit in better with the type of fighter he is. I think it'll be fairly competitive for the first 5-6 rounds until Mayweather feels him out, starts to frustrate him and then jab to a convincing UD
Miguel is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #47
MrPR
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: If Mayweather struggles with Guerrero as much as he did with Cotto....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannySteward View Post
Mayweather didn't struggle with Cotto. He convincingly beat him down over 12 rounds. When Mayweather loses a couple of rounds it doesn't mean that he struggled. Cotto is never going to be a walk over for anybody.
Cotto was def a walk over for Manny .

But i agree Mayweather didnt struggle with Cotto . You didnt see not 1 moment during the fight where floyd begin to look flustered/Frustrated . He held his composure and won 9 rnds in a competitive fight .
MrPR is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 10:35 AM   #48
Bushbaby
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: If Mayweather struggles with Guerrero as much as he did with Cotto....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPR View Post
Cotto was def a walk over for Manny .

But i agree Mayweather didnt struggle with Cotto . You didnt see not 1 moment during the fight where floyd begin to look flustered/Frustrated . He held his composure and won 9 rnds in a competitive fight .
Exactly, Floyd is soo good that round 8 was smitten from the record books!!
Bushbaby is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 10:42 AM   #49
Scar
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 372
Default Re: If Mayweather has as tough a fight with Guerrero as he did with Cotto....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElvis666 View Post
he'll either lose to the Trout/Canelo winner or he'll avoid them.

Mayweather's undefeated label is the backbone of his marketability. A loss would hurt his income of future fights. I can't see him fancying fighting a big strong light middleweight on the back of a career best win if he struggles with a blown up lightweight/light welterweight in Guerrero.
Cotto made him work for the serious money he was making unlike previous opponents. It was hardly a struggle per say, just a tougher fight than anticipated. In reality, Mayweather dominated that fight and always punched back despite Cotto's known power. If Guerrero gives him a similar experience I fully expect him to fight Alvarez/Trout winner, specifically Alvarez if he wins. I'm not sure Trout will be an option regardless of who he looks against Guerrero if Alvarez loses to him. The big money is in an Alvarez fight and it will be bigger money if he beats Trout.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 10:43 AM   #50
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Gander Tasco is such a ****ing hater
Vidic is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #51
MrPR
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
Mayweather Cotto was NOT a competitive fight - why are people delusionally thinking this was competitive.

You had a shot Cotto who was scared in the first 6 rounds to throw a fight making it one of the most boring 6 rounds I can remember.

Then floyd goes to the ropes for a couple, Cotto throws some body shots, lands 1 or 2 upstairs, everyone gets excited, Floyd's little nose has some blood and everyone goes on about it being competitive.

That fight was predictable, I called it when it was announced.

The Hatton fight was tougher than Cotto was, as was the Mosley fight
Mosley gave up after only 2 rnds and Hatton was dominated by gettin pot shot all night . Cotto gave floyd the toughest fight of his career since Castillo CLEARLY.

All though i have to admit Mayweather/Cotto was nowhere near a close fight . It was a "competitive" fight but "not close" by any means .

You can be competitive with a fighter for the whole 36 mins and still lose all 12 rnds .
MrPR is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #52
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru

Yo PR who in your avi? That raquel reigns chick again?..your avatar should have a mothly sticky thread (no pun)
Vidic is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #53
MrPR
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
Yo PR who in your avi? That raquel reigns chick again?..your avatar should have a mothly sticky thread (no pun)
Not Raquel Reigns this time , Her name is Yaris Sanchez .
MrPR is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #54
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru

Vidic is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 01:56 PM   #55
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381

Bump
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #56
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062

Didn't struggle and I believe he will fight Alvarez. Cotto is a good fighter with a good jab, no shame in Floyd getting hit by him. Floyd won that clearly, and I don't think him winning clearly against Guerrero will stop him from facing Alvarez.
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #57
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

He shouldn't struggle as much with Guerrero. It will be telling if he does, unless Roberto really brings something he never has before.
Bogotazo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum