Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-20-2013, 11:34 PM   #16
Mattaru
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 105
Default Re: Tyson fury lands dream us debut

I guess he's gunning for Wlad then, despite [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. One would think he'd choose the WBC route.

This will be a fight worth watching either way
Mattaru is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2013, 11:45 PM   #17
ludwig
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilo View Post
Didn't realise Fury was formerly unbeaten

Strange move IMO the IBF is a much more difficult route than the WBC one. His options seemed to be:

WBC - Arreola/Stiverne>Vitali
IBF - Cunningham>Pulev>Wlad

He'll probably lose his high ranking with the WBC for taking this fight too. He'll beat Cunningham but Pulev is a tough, tough fight which will probably yield a smaller purse than say an Arreola fight.

Strange fight unless his WBC ranking has been guaranteed.
True, it doesn't make sense . Maybe Fury thinks Cunningham and Pulev will be easy? Seems unlikely.
ludwig is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 03:04 AM   #18
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Fury will knock Cunningham out. Pulev will be Hell for anyone though.................Klitschkos will knock Fury or Price out, they're just not ready for a Klitschko.
Farmboxer is online now  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 06:09 AM   #19
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648

just read you can get tickets for $25
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 06:14 AM   #20
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboxer View Post
Fury will knock Cunningham out. Pulev will be Hell for anyone though.................Klitschkos will knock Fury or Price out, they're just not ready for a Klitschko.
I duno, I think Vitali is slowing, I'd put Fury in with him or Price. Remember Fury is only 24 and has only had about 35 amateurs + 20 pros too, after 3 or 4 more fights and a year of improvement and a year in which Vitali and possibly Wlad as well may decline I'd make him a strong favourite over Vitali and a real threat to Wladimir.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 07:40 AM   #21
Espin88
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1229

Quote:

Strange move IMO the IBF is a much more difficult route than the WBC one. His options seemed to be:

He'll probably lose his high ranking with the WBC for taking this fight too. He'll beat Cunningham but Pulev is a tough, tough fight which will probably yield a smaller purse than say an Arreola fight.

Fighting the WBC eliminator winner, Arreola imo surely would be the smartest move since Fury is building up a following in the US, not to mention it being an easier night and even picking up a vacant title or fighting the weaker champion in Vitali. That's the route he chose the WBC route whilst building a profile in the US, it wouldn't make much sense for him to go the IBF route now, fighting Pulev most likely in Germany where he has no following & would be a harder fight plus if he wins he is fighting the strongest champion in Wlad.
Espin88 is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 08:26 AM   #22
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

Quote:

Not sure about that. Stadium full plus live on both German and British domestic tv at a proper hour. Due to that I don't know why we don't see more of those type of fights where you're bringing in two big tv revenues at once at the peak hour. It's not like there's not a huge ammount of options to go for for these type of fights where you have Pulev, Povetkin, Solis, Helenius, Banks, Chagaev, Boytsov, Gerber, Pianeta, Dimitrenko, Charr, Ustinov, Gomez et.... I mean that's a lot of match ups at different levels that would be easy to sell to both Countries for fighters on the level of Price, Haye, Fury and Chisora.

I think this is the new way to go rather than the dated American angle British HW's used to inspire to break into.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 08:40 AM   #23
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Interesting stuff from Tyson about Price fighting grandads, how are rogan and maddalone these days? Whats the story with Franny Smith?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #24
Espin88
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
Not sure about that. Stadium full plus live on both German and British domestic tv at a proper hour. Due to that I don't know why we don't see more of those type of fights where you're bringing in two big tv revenues at once at the peak hour. It's not like there's not a huge ammount of options to go for for these type of fights where you have Pulev, Povetkin, Solis, Helenius, Banks, Chagaev, Boytsov, Gerber, Pianeta, Dimitrenko, Charr, Ustinov, Gomez et.... I mean that's a lot of match ups at different levels that would be easy to sell to both Countries for fighters on the level of Price, Haye, Fury and Chisora.

I think this is the new way to go rather than the dated American angle British HW's used to inspire to break into.
That's a really good point, American's still think British HWs don't make it big until they fight in the US which as you say is very dated as the division is dominated by Europeans now.
Espin88 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum