Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 02-20-2013, 09:12 PM   #31
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847
Default Re: UFC release 16 fighters... FITCH IS GONE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by globeman View Post
The UFC has too many fighters plus they are bringing in te strikeforce guys aswell, someones gotta get cut. Thats business, if you want to LNP then expect to get ****ing cut.

If you peform well in other orgs then your chances of getting picked up again improve. Like I said theres too many guys on the UFC roster.

**** Fitch.
Then cut the fat from the bottom end of the divisions. Not a perennial top five/ten guy coming off of a single loss.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #32
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

It sucks being a Fitch fan but I'm not surprised. It's obvious Dana picks his friends. Fitch has put up a great show in the last 4 fights, minus the Hendricks KO. Maybe promotors are having a hard time keeping him relevant or maybe he's a scapegoat, used to send a message to the other fighters.

He can make some good money elsewhere he will be a top card fighter anywhere especially with all the past promotion at the UFC.
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #33
the_bigunit
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by globeman View Post
There is no right amount but the likelihood of fighting 3 times a year for all those fighters just isnt reality, it would be different if the UFC had a minor league version.
"No right amount" contradicts your original idea of "too many fighters" on the roster. How can one know when there's too much of something when one does not know what the recommended amount is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by globeman
Ive been reading this same discussion on Sherdog so this bloated roster isnt just my idea.

That's where your sourcing your insight? We're done here.
the_bigunit is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #34
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

Well...that's ****ed up....IMO Bellator is going to get all those guys !!
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #35
globeman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1300

Quote:
"No right amount" contradicts your original idea of "too many fighters" on the roster. How can one know when there's too much of something when one does not know what the recommended amount is?
Theres no simple answer to this so really theres no contradiction yet theres too many fighters on their roster who will struggle to make a name for themselves with the few fights they will get and the fights they do get chances are they will play it safe and just go for the LNP win. Theres really no arguing the toss about this, everything were discussing would have been discussed around the UFC boardroom if they are shedding fighters, ie Volkmann then they have reached a conclusion and one thats more inline with what im trying to say.

Quote:
Then cut the fat from the bottom end of the divisions. Not a perennial top five/ten guy coming off of a single loss.
Fair point.
globeman is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 09:47 PM   #36
the_bigunit
Contender
ESB Senior Member

In the end, I think this will be a blessing in disguise for Jon Fitch. He'll either retire, or pad his record with some big paydays. Either way, his legacy stays in tact and just might even grow. You know; "He was wrongfully released, would've still been a contender." Idk, maybe.

As for globeman: I'm sorry for being a poo poo head.
Fitch really has a résumé that puts him amongst some of the all time greats (for how young the sport is, at least).

For the people who hated him, or called him a ***** -- what does that say about the countless men who literally wanted nothing to do with him inside the Octagon? That's it's own level of dominance.

Last edited by the_bigunit; 02-21-2013 at 12:32 AM.
the_bigunit is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 11:04 PM   #37
2ironmt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

it's most likely about dollars and cents. fitch was getting 65k to show and not the most fan friendly style. they figure they have enough guys they have locked up for much cheaper to fill up a card especially if they don't believe fitch is actually upping their ratings or ppv buys. maybe they offered him a pay cut to like half and he wouldn't bite. it's not too unlike the NFL when they cut a veteran player who is still getting the job done because the team wants to save a few bucks cuz they have a 2nd year guy still on his rookie contract who can be at least serviceable
2ironmt is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 11:21 PM   #38
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I dont think he deserves it but it's not the worst news for Fitch.

For sure, he is getting big pay days and easier fights elsewhere. It should be a decent road to retirement.

I dont think he's coming close to the UFC title again
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 11:47 PM   #39
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ironmt View Post
it's most likely about dollars and cents. fitch was getting 65k to show and not the most fan friendly style. they figure they have enough guys they have locked up for much cheaper to fill up a card especially if they don't believe fitch is actually upping their ratings or ppv buys. maybe they offered him a pay cut to like half and he wouldn't bite. it's not too unlike the NFL when they cut a veteran player who is still getting the job done because the team wants to save a few bucks cuz they have a 2nd year guy still on his rookie contract who can be at least serviceable
Nailed it.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 12:24 AM   #40
2ironmt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate View Post
Nailed it.
2ironmt is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 12:25 AM   #41
benebox
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Another bad decision.
benebox is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 02:41 AM   #42
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

Props to Dan Hardy

Quote:
Why is it whenever someone gets cut early by the @UFC, everyone gives me shit? I would have cut me way before @JonFitchdotnet too!
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 04:50 AM   #43
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
The only thing that surprises me is that some people still try to make the argument that Zuffa runs the UFC like a legit sporting league.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 06:08 AM   #44
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Panch View Post
Mixed Martial Entertainment
The E word is a big factor. There's no denying it.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #45
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Plain and simple its just a business decision, Fitch will hammer the majority of UFC up and comers and the UFC team will be looking for good guys to keep from him knowing that he himself isnt good enough to beat GSP, plus he's been knocked out cold and looked shite last time out.

I dont endorse the decision im just saying its a business decison, it stinks all the same but it is what it is i suppose.

The UFC releasing guys like Fitch, Etim, Prado who have at times looked sensational and are fairly well known will just help Bellator and other organisations,its a good thing, and it was bound to happen, the roster at the UFC / ZUFFA is huge, too big for them to manage, so people have got to go!

Read through the eintire report, it states the UFC will have to release 100 fighters in 2013!
thewinfella is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum