Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #31
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: If Ricky Burns beat Miguel Vasquez and Adrien Broner...

You mean to tell me that Broner's TV network and his management plus a rival promoter have all said that Burns didn't elect to take the fight because of money instead of the more factual reason of not having enough preparation time Craney?

I found that astounding, who would have thought that a boxers potential opponent's management team would ever say something about another fighter that may not be true, it just doesn't happen....
JonnyBGoode is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #32
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGoode View Post
You mean to tell me that Broner's TV network and his management plus a rival promoter have all said that Burns didn't elect to take the fight because of money instead of the more factual reason of not having enough preparation time Craney?

I found that astounding, who would have thought that a boxers potential opponent's management team would ever say something about another fighter that may not be true, it just doesn't happen....
I understand what your saying, and don't you think I thought of that before letting it out? It may just be the work of rival promotion, but when the lord and savior is coming out saying it, I mean how can you not believe Eddie Hearn?

Its feasible to me anyhow, that that could well be the case, Ricky and team might think he is worth top dollar, and if team Broner didnt pay it, then no fight. The fact is Ricky said that he turned it down again, because 5 weeks wasnt enough..........but it seems the fight would have gone ahead had Team Broner paid the fee Team Burns wanted.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 10:53 AM   #33
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648

I really hope he beats Vazquez, not seen Vazquez yet but it sounds like a really tough fight. Hope he can beat Broner, what I do know is that he can give him a very tough fight at the least, Burns is more used to the 12 rounds and won't come at Broner and fall into his game.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #34
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
I understand what your saying, and don't you think I thought of that before letting it out? It may just be the work of rival promotion, but when the lord and savior is coming out saying it, I mean how can you not believe Eddie Hearn?

Its feasible to me anyhow, that that could well be the case, Ricky and team might think he is worth top dollar, and if team Broner didnt pay it, then no fight. The fact is Ricky said that he turned it down again, because 5 weeks wasnt enough..........but it seems the fight would have gone ahead had Team Broner paid the fee Team Burns wanted.
I think they mentioned some quite toppy figures of what they'd fight for and also wanted it after tax, I don't think that's why the fight didn't happen though maybe a contributory factor but obv they had designs on getting Vazquez over here first.
JonnyBGoode is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 12:42 PM   #35
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGoode View Post
I think they mentioned some quite toppy figures of what they'd fight for and also wanted it after tax, I don't think that's why the fight didn't happen though maybe a contributory factor but obv they had designs on getting Vazquez over here first.
But this doesnt start and end in this division, Ricky Burns was called a runner in the last division. Broner wanted to fight there. But Ricky apparently vacated and moved up. According to Broner's management.

Team Burns are reluctant to make the fight, unless it is on their terms. Its damage limitations, they know the likelihood of Ricky dominating the fight is zero to nil. This is another level. Adrien Broner is another level. So from business point of view, they will want to secure as many fights and wins for Ricky before they dare feed him to the wolves. When that time comes, they will be asking for big money, with the best interests of their own fighter of course. But until Ricky starts beating some names, Vazquez for starters, he has no power to dictate prices.

But like Broner said, and I tend to agree, "I think they have bitten of more than they can chew with that fight"

I hope I'm wrong. I want the Burns - Broner fight in the future. But to be honest, if Ricky pulls it of, I don't think we will be any closer to a Broner fight, because the ego will get even bigger, with the whole 2 belt thing. Broner won't bite, and we won't get a fight.

If Ricky wants to meet down the middle and fight in Vegas, the fight can be made tomorrow.......but they dont, because if they did, the fight would have happened already.

TBH I don't think we are any closer to that fight, win or lose the Vazquez fight.

Just a feeling.
craney91 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum