Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #121
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: How does Burns/Broner go now then?

I have posted another one. Theres an article on the scene. Looks very fishy.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #122
1_Pablo_Angel
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 150

So am I right in assuming there's an article on the front page which we're not allowed to discuss on the forum? wtf?
1_Pablo_Angel is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #123
elbrujito
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 760

even the thread saying its on has gone

must av really seen his arse over this one
elbrujito is online now  Top
Old 02-20-2013, 03:47 PM   #124
1_Pablo_Angel
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 150

It's ****ing ridiculous. They've got a massive thread on it at the Scene.

Piss off Fr*nk.
1_Pablo_Angel is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 04:43 AM   #125
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
What weaknesses were these exactly? That Rees can throw combinations and land the odd half shot? So what, Rees isn't a complete mug, that's what he's good at, being deceptively quick offensively. He'd do the exact same thing with Ricky except last 12 rounds. Broner knew he had nothing and took chances. The exact same problem Rees has is also a problem Burns as, these kids really have no power against Broner. Nothing, if people think Burns bothers Broner in the slightest with his punches they're in for a rude awakening.

If Ricky Burns can't completely get Roman Martinez under control how on earth do they think he throws 1-2's all night down the pipe with the odd left-hook to the body and that's going to confuse Broner apparently and stop his march forward? Give me a break, it just ain't happening!
Go and watch the Martinez fight then Ricky's last 2fights and see the improvement,totally different fighter,against Martinez you had a world class puncher so you needed tactics to stop him throwing those bombs and Ricky done just that, the tactic side of boxing you havent a clue mate
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 04:47 AM   #126
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolercakes View Post
Billy Nelson its funny you make fun of Broners dads weight yet you're as fat as him! Forget Broner, Vazquez is a world level fighter who has only lost to Bradley and canelo, he is gonna destroy burns. If burns somehow by a miracle gets past Vazquez and decides to grow some balls and get in with Broner he wont last 3-4 rounds.
Ha ha You contradictory ****,burns is going to get destroyed by Vasquez BUT! Ha ha
Listen you fanny Ricky will prove this year he's the best LW in the world,Boner will get his arse handed to him by Ricky and hopefully in Vegas to rub it right in
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 05:13 AM   #127
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
Ha ha You contradictory ****,

I think Burns should be able to hit Broner a fair bit. So you never ever know.
McGrain is online now  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 06:27 AM   #128
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Ha ha You contradictory ****,burns is going to get destroyed by Vasquez BUT! Ha ha
Listen you fanny Ricky will prove this year he's the best LW in the world,Boner will get his arse handed to him by Ricky and hopefully in Vegas to rub it right in
I know you have to keep a certain amount to yourself Billy,but did the fact that Broner walked through Rees' punches cause you to rethink your strategy?
I know Ricky would fight far smarter but I found his willingness to walk through anything Gavin through a bit worrying.
I also don't like the way he goes into a clinch with his head down making it difficult to catch him legally.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 07:50 AM   #129
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Just seen Vasquez on Boxnation for first time.Agree with those who say forget Broner for the moment.The task at hand is a big one,glad Rickys got home advantage.Hand speed is excellent,no obvious weakness,great record.If he wins this one it puts Burns just below Ken Buchanan and maybe just above Jim Watt.Very high standing,hope he does it.
TED 822 is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 06:57 PM   #130
lolercakes
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
I said if by miracle.... Vazquez is a world class operator who will give ricky a real boxing lesson, heck he could even beat broner. I may be a fanny but I'd destroy you in the ring you fat piece of lard, drop the Big Mac/deepfried mars bar and join ricky for a run.

It would be nice if Ricky proved me wrong but I am sorry he just isn't that good, he is average at everything he does. Average boxing IQ, average speed, average reflexes, vulnerable defence, no head movement and average chin. After Ricky loses a fight with Gavin Reese would be nice.
lolercakes is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #131
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I said if by miracle.... Vazquez is a world class operator who will give ricky a real boxing lesson, heck he could even beat broner. I may be a fanny but I'd destroy you in the ring you fat piece of lard, drop the Big Mac/deepfried mars bar and join ricky for a run.

It would be nice if Ricky proved me wrong but I am sorry he just isn't that good, he is average at everything he does. Average boxing IQ, average speed, average reflexes, vulnerable defence, no head movement and average chin. After Ricky loses a fight with Gavin Reese would be nice.
Terrible post especially the bold.

I'm sure Martinez, Mitchell, Moses & Katsidis don't think he's average.
Lilo is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #132
lolercakes
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilo View Post
Terrible post especially the bold.

I'm sure Martinez, Mitchell, Moses & Katsidis don't think he's average.
None of those fighters were or will ever be in the league of Broner or Vazquez be real.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #133
GlassJawsExist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 496

Broner is almost certainly juicing so Ricky faces an uphill battle.
GlassJawsExist is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 03:41 AM   #134
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Quote:

These are words of a hater with an agenda, shocking really, Burns has good boxing IQ, he is deceptively quick, reflexes and head movement are pretty much void due to Burns very good defence, and he has a good chin as well.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 07:13 AM   #135
lolercakes
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
These are words of a hater with an agenda, shocking really, Burns has good boxing IQ, he is deceptively quick, reflexes and head movement are pretty much void due to Burns very good defence, and he has a good chin as well.
Not hating I hope he does well, his trainer on the other hand..... His boxing IQ compared to broner/vazquez is average, he is not quick at all, reflexes and head movement don't become void just because other person has a good defence :/? You need them to avoid punches, the fact is ricky just hides in a shell, at the top level as Khan has showed you can't just stand there with a high guard and take punishment. Johanneson would say otherwise about the chin department, so imagine what broner would do

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum