Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-12-2008, 06:13 PM   #1
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842
Default Klitschko vs Thompson:

I haven't seen a lot of Klitschko, and although I was convinced he was by definition a paper champion before the fight, I'm even more convinced of it now. With all due respect to Thompson, he was a sure thing from the opening bell. The only possibly weakness to exploit in Wladimir is to get to his chin, and it would seem as Thompson has non existant power because he got through with some shots. However, Thompson had given up by the 4th round, and rather than cover up and wait for opportunity to counter whilst Wlad was on the backfoot, he just coasted round after round. The team on Setanta sports were criticising Thompson's corner for constantly "giving a roasting", however their frustration was just. Thompson never shown any intent to win the fight, and Wladimir's performance wasn't one of a heavyweight champion. After his awful showing in the unification bout a few months back, you would have thought he'd want to send out a message to all critics, not least David Haye who is now licking his lips. Wladimir has a good one-two, he has a big punch, but that is about all you can talk about. For the majority of rounds, he was holding Thompson. A man with seemingly no danger with his opponent not throwing anything, and he's holding all of the time? This indicates that Wladimir has been a negative fighter ever since his chin was found to be lacking.

To sum up, Wladimir Klitschko is a paper champion not worthy of even half the praise he recieves on this board. He has a big punch, a nice one two, and throws night straight punches. However, he is a negative champion - holding at every opportunity, and his chin is his biggest flaw that will without doubt be found out by big punchers such as Sam Peter and David Haye. I hope that everybody who defended Wladimir in saying that he would be competitive with most of the all-time great Heavyweights are now withdrawing their earlier statements and have faced up to the fact that Wlad is a flawed fighter.
Addie is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2008, 06:14 PM   #2
RonnieHornschuh
ESB indie police
ESB Addict

vCash: 1399
Default Re: Klitschko vs Thompson:

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfkill
I haven't seen a lot of Klitschko, and although I was convinced he was by definition a paper champion before the fight, I'm even more convinced of it now. With all due respect to Thompson, he was a sure thing from the opening bell. The only possibly weakness to exploit in Wladimir is to get to his chin, and it would seem as Thompson has non existant power because he got through with some shots. However, Thompson had given up by the 4th round, and rather than cover up and wait for opportunity to counter whilst Wlad was on the backfoot, he just coasted round after round. The team on Setanta sports were criticising Thompson's corner for constantly "giving a roasting", however their frustration was just. Thompson never shown any intent to win the fight, and Wladimir's performance wasn't one of a heavyweight champion. After his awful showing in the unification bout a few months back, you would have thought he'd want to send out a message to all critics, not least David Haye who is now licking his lips. Wladimir has a good one-two, he has a big punch, but that is about all you can talk about. For the majority of rounds, he was holding Thompson. A man with seemingly no danger with his opponent not throwing anything, and he's holding all of the time? This indicates that Wladimir has been a negative fighter ever since his chin was found to be lacking.

To sum up, Wladimir Klitschko is a paper champion not worthy of even half the praise he recieves on this board. He has a big punch, a nice one two, and throws night straight punches. However, he is a negative champion - holding at every opportunity, and his chin is his biggest flaw that will without doubt be found out by big punchers such as Sam Peter and David Haye. I hope that everybody who defended Wladimir in saying that he would be competitive with most of the all-time great Heavyweights are now withdrawing their earlier statements and have faced up to the fact that Wlad is a flawed fighter.
you are stupid, he is a champ for six years now, has a 90% ko ratio and has unified the titles.
RonnieHornschuh is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2008, 06:18 PM   #3
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieHornschuh
you are stupid, he is a champ for six years now, has a 90% ko ratio and has unified the titles.
And has been knocked out by three seemingly lesser fighters than himself? Certainly a consistant fighter is Wladimir, who has failed to show up in his last two bouts. I am not stupid, I just expect a lot more from the Heavyweight champion of the world. Wladimir had all of the tools to get Thompson out of there as early as the 5th round, only he was being negative despite Thompson barely throwing anything. How anybody can defend Wlad after this performance is beyond me.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2008, 06:27 PM   #4
El Borracho
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfkill

Hmm.....I didn't know that there has ever been a heavyweight champion or any boxer ever who wasn't flawed in some way.
El Borracho is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 03:05 AM   #5
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post

But, you've got to remember that Thompson's got sneaky power, Add. Volo had to watch out for his devastating ear punch.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 03:15 AM   #6
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

I saw Vlad win the gold medal in Atlanta, GA back in 1996. Emanuel Steward was and had always been impressed with Vlad as well as Vitali. Vlad has been cleaning out the heavyweight division for years, so has Vitali. Vitali has the highest knockout ratio of any heavyweight champion in boxing history and Vlad is not far behind.................they beat everyone in any weight division.
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 03:39 AM   #7
Cael
Claudia Cardinale
ESB Addict

vCash: 811

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post

Cael is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 03:41 AM   #8
Mexicanboxing
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cael View Post
What the **** is so funny Cael? You bitch ass faggot?

Everything he said was spot on outside of the last 2 lines. Read it again and more carefully you stupid faggot albino chimp. He was spot on all the way up until the last few lines.
Mexicanboxing is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 04:01 AM   #9
Cael
Claudia Cardinale
ESB Addict

vCash: 811

**** off FelixTrinidad
Cael is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #10
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
But, you've got to remember that Thompson's got sneaky power, Add. Volo had to watch out for his devastating ear punch.
You can't teach that punch. You either have it, or you don't.
BigBone is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #11
jisi
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieHornschuh View Post
jisi is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum