Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #16
Beenie
Evolve already!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1389
Default Re: Floyd-Fans Want to see me active so I'm gonna take my skills to the next level. (

"The next level" is a place where Guerrero does not reside.

Neither does Garcia who is being mentioned as a possible future opponent.

If Floyd intends on making good on his claim, he'll have to face the likes of Martinez, Pac, and even Canelo (should he defeat Trout)
Beenie is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #17
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 750
Default Re: Floyd-Fans Want to see me active so I'm gonna take my skills to the next level. (

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungboi15 View Post
Floyd said yesterday he want to be remembered as the greatest of all time and that because of all his inactivity and that he's aging he's gonna step up his game to a whole new Level. He know his opponent is a solid strong, young smart fighter who'll will do whatever to win. So he has to really push his limits to get the win. Train harder than ever.

He want to fight these young lions he also states and he promises he's gonna put on superb boxing performance on May 4th. He can't wait to get back in the ring. He said no matter how hard the situation is, if he's in trouble, now Matter what the circumstances is he will get the Victory. He will adapt to all situations.

Happy B day FMJ

The thing about Floyd is, he realistically has a shot at taking the GOAT from Sugar Ray Robinson. This fight isn't really the legacy type fight although it's a good challenge, but I think beating Canelo really puts him in that bracket where he can compare himself to Sugar Ray Robinson at that point.

And he has 4 fights after that potentially? That is enough fights that should he win those and they all are against quality opposition, he really could retire as the greatest boxer ever. It's going to be hard to argue against his resume, sure he didn't beat Paul Williams or Margarito etc, but he beat Cotto, he didn't beat Pacquiao but he could go on to beat a guy like Bradley or Canelo or both.
Boxmaster is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #18
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchKO View Post
Floyd ducked Cotto, Margarito, Williams, Pacquiao, and is now ducking Martinez
Floyd just beat Cotto. STFU. I can see if he never fought Cotto but you're being biased here. You saw him beat Cotto. And before you say Cotto was old, Floyd is older than Cotto.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #19
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy K View Post
a "new and improved" fighter.

floyd's 36 in a division that rarely has fighters that instinctively rely on speed and reflexes excell after 35(ray leonard was done at 35/sweet pea at 35).

and now floyd is going to somehow miracuously step it up to a whole new level where all others have failed?
Unlike those others, Floyd is undefeated at 36.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:54 PM   #20
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchKO View Post
How the **** does beating Canelo make Floyd greater than SRR!?!

Look at his overall record and the fact that he hasn't lost. He can argue that. It's hard to debate with an undefeated record on a fighter who beat great fighters in all those weight classes. It's similar to SRR who did the same thing and really SRR is the only fighter to do that for as long as Floyd has. Roy had got knocked out by this time. Pacquiao got knocked out. So that only really leaves Floyd, SRR, SRL, etc. Most fighters have not only lost by this time but by knock out.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #21
str1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxmaster View Post
The thing about Floyd is, he realistically has a shot at taking the GOAT from Sugar Ray Robinson. This fight isn't really the legacy type fight although it's a good challenge, but I think beating Canelo really puts him in that bracket where he can compare himself to Sugar Ray Robinson at that point.

And he has 4 fights after that potentially? That is enough fights that should he win those and they all are against quality opposition, he really could retire as the greatest boxer ever. It's going to be hard to argue against his resume, sure he didn't beat Paul Williams or Margarito etc, but he beat Cotto, he didn't beat Pacquiao but he could go on to beat a guy like Bradley or Canelo or both.
Tell me you are ****ing kidding, right?

Flomos are the ones that took it to another level.
str1 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 01:23 PM   #22
Zaryu
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Looking forward to it.
Zaryu is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 02:24 PM   #23
Cinderella Man
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxmaster View Post

Cinderella Man is online now  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #24
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Floyd also said Manny pacs next we know how that turned out, said he didnt beat his babys momma then he pleas guilty mother ****er says allot of shit come on now.... he is 36 there is no next level unless you count getting old and starting to get thumped up by guys who you would have easily beat five years ago if thats the next level then he is on to something
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #25
bjl12
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1119

The hate for Floyd is insane. He's fighting the best possible fight at WW but ppl still complain a out his opposition. Ghost is a good fighter, period. Floyd's 36 and one would be foolish to expect him not to decline.

The whole Martinez thing is ridiculous. He fights at 160 and walks at 180. If Sergio wants to fight Floyd he needs to campaign at 154. Period.
bjl12 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #26
Cinderella Man
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjl12 View Post
The hate for Floyd is insane. He's fighting the best possible fight at WW but ppl still complain a out his opposition. Ghost is a good fighter, period. Floyd's 36 and one would be foolish to expect him not to decline.

The whole Martinez thing is ridiculous. He fights at 160 and walks at 180. If Sergio wants to fight Floyd he needs to campaign at 154. Period.
Thank you
Cinderella Man is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum