Old 02-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #91
ArseBandit
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1635
Default Re: Does Price still beat Fury?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT96 View Post
Where did I say this? Please enlighten me. I don't think I've ever been unrealistic in rating Price. I fancied him to reach World level and to beat Fury and Saturday night won't change that.

How did Price look bad on Saturday? I don't think he looked either good or bad before he got stopped, it didn't last enough to say that.
Relax. I'm just being a cunt. I'm fairly sure I've seen you hype Price a fair bit though.

I think he looked twitchy and nervous before the KO, for obvious reasons in hindsight. He certainly didn't look good.
ArseBandit is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2013, 03:06 PM   #92
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1176

Quote:
And? Movement doesn't mean anything in the great scheme of things. Haye is a better mover than Fury will ever be but it didn't mean a thing when he came to fight Wladimir. It may look impressive against fighters like Rogan, Maddelone or Johnson who pose no threat at all to him but when you step up, you need more than that. The switch hitting was completely irrelevant. Rogan posed no danger at all to him so what did it actually achieve? It's fine experimenting like that in them type of fights but what does it prove? That he'd perplex a Klitschko or Pulev by jabbing with his right hand .

I've yet to see how Fury uses angles well. He throws punches from the same stance and posture all the time. In comparison to someone like Haye who actually does use angles well, he's a novice. He does have decent punch variation no doubt and is a good fighter who should progress but I think you massively overrate him and his potential in truth.
He's gone southpaw since the Rogan fight,and doesn't look like a knob doing it,granted he doesn't stick at it for long periods but it's there ... Haye does use angles alot better than any recent HW I've seen from these shores,doesn't mean Fury doesn't use them though (although not to the standard) ... I've been overrating him as much as Price has been overrated by many,Fury shows no signs of slowing down .. he'll beat Cunningham(should do) ... then Thompson,his first real test will be Pulev if they get the fight.If it makes me a c*nt for thinking he's above Price than so be it.When I mention his punch variation etc etc It's Price I'm using as an example of not being able to deal with it,and I don't think he would,I don't think Fury is unstoppable lol.
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #93
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgore View Post
He's gone southpaw since the Rogan fight,and doesn't look like a knob doing it,granted he doesn't stick at it for long periods but it's there ... Haye does use angles alot better than any recent HW I've seen from these shores,doesn't mean Fury doesn't use them though (although not to the standard) ... I've been overrating him as much as Price has been overrated by many,Fury shows no signs of slowing down .. he'll beat Cunningham(should do) ... then Thompson,his first real test will be Pulev if they get the fight.If it makes me a c*nt for thinking he's above Price than so be it.
I never said that. I had no problem with people having Fury ahead before the fight and of course afterwards. It's your opinion after all. What I do take issue with is you banding all Price fans together as delusional fanboys, as I've seen from a few of your points, and making out it's retarded to rate Price.

As you said before, there isn't much difference between them and people have every right to think that either one of them could beat the other. So just tone it down a bit about how good Fury is and how bad Price is.
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #94
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1176

Quote:
I never said that. I had no problem with people having Fury ahead before the fight and of course afterwards. It's your opinion after all. What I do take issue with is you banding all Price fans together as delusional fanboys, as I've seen from a few of your points, and making out it's retarded to rate Price.

As you said before, there isn't much difference between them and people have every right to think that either one of them could beat the other. So just tone it down a bit about how good Fury is and how bad Price is.
I've not banded all Price fan's together atall .. fanboy nuthuggers yes,but a few of the lads on here that rate Price are sound as but the retarded "He's the next lewis" ... "he's a wlad killer" .."He'd beat Haye" .. ah **** it, you catch my drift,you're no nuthugger anyway so I'd not lump you in with them.
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #95
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgore View Post
I've not banded all Price fan's together atall .. fanboy nuthuggers yes,but a few of the lads on here that rate Price are sound as but the retarded "He's the next lewis" ... "he's a wlad killer" .."He'd beat Haye" .. ah **** it, you catch my drift,you're no nuthugger anyway so I'd not lump you in with them.
I've never seen anyone saying that so I can only assume it's people in the General Forum. And I'd never take anything I read in there too seriously
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #96
Maxsplit
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

David Price has the same chance of beating Tyson Fury as he did before this fight.

A very limited (albeit very powerful) puncher's chance if Furys sticks to a gameplay. And that's it.

As I have mentioned on here a number of times before with each passing week Price's chances diminished.

Because Fury for all his outward bluster, recognises he had a) very little amateur experience and b) is very young and c) has an excellent coach and steadying influence in his uncle.

He is expanding his ring IQ and ability daily in training and is on a hugely visible upward arc of conditioning, experience and skill. From fight to fight his improvements in all these areas have been VERY noticeable.

Watch his first fight with McDermott on YouTube and then watch his most recent fight with Kingpin.

You might be forgiven for thinking they are two different people

Then watch Price's first pro fight or some of his amateur bouts and then his fight with Thompson ... He hasn't changed Anything.

He boxes like an amateur with power.

And don't get me started on his chin.

Any kind of back story research on Price and you would have known he was an accident waiting to happen the moment he stepped up in class. It happened in the ams when he faced Stiverne, Helenius, Wach, Pulev, Camarelle etc ... So it has turned out to be the case in the pros.

He might be able to re-invent himself to protect one of the worst heavyweight chins I have ever seen, but at very nearly 30 and without a legendary trainer on help him he is leaving it very late.

I am quite prepared to gamble quite a bit that Audley Harrison will be Price's marquee win

I am happy to be proved wrong as a big rivalry is great for British and world boxing ... But I am almost certain it's not going to happen
Maxsplit is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum