Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 02-25-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
caleb_forrest_g
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Jose Aldo Shifts Gears, Agrees to Put UFC Championship on the Line Against Anthony Pe

Dana White was battling tremendous technical difficulties during his Monday night MetroPCS online chat on UStream, but did manage to get a little bit of official business done in the mean time.
White relayed that he spoke with UFC featherweight champion [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]’s manager and trainer, Andre Pederneiras, who confirmed that Aldo had agreed to fight [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] on Aug. 3 as originally planned.
“The Aldo/Pettis fight is done,” said White. “The fight is on. The fight is done, in August.”
White put the screws to Aldo when, following the UFC 157 post-fight press conference, he revealed to a group of reporters that Aldo was refusing to fight Pettis because he didn’t feel like Pettis, the No. 1 lightweight contender, deserved a shot at his belt immediately upon dropping down to featherweight.
“André Pederneiras was in England and sat down with me and Lorenzo (Fertitta) and said we don’t think he deserves it,” [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. “Well, he might be the number one guy at 155 (pounds), but how does that make him the number one (at 145 pounds)?
“Are you out of your (expletive) mind? Are you serious? Did you seriously just ask me that question? It’s like if Aldo wanted to move up to 155, are we going to say he’s not the number one contender? What are you talking about?”White made it abundantly clear that he wasn’t happy with his champion’s stance.
“He’s going to fight Pettis or he’s not going to like how this turns out.”
Fans took to various social media platforms, most backing White, thrashing Aldo for not wanting to take the fight.
Aldo apparently took that to heart and reconsidered.
Jose Aldo will defend his UFC featherweight championship against Anthony Pettis on Aug. 3 at a venue and location as yet to be determined.
caleb_forrest_g is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2013, 10:13 PM   #2
the_bigunit
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Jose Aldo Shifts Gears, Agrees to Put UFC Championship on the Line Against Anthon

Wasn't expecting anything any different
the_bigunit is online now  Top
Old 02-25-2013, 10:30 PM   #3
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jose Aldo Shifts Gears, Agrees to Put UFC Championship on the Line Against Anthon

Who the **** do Aldo and Pedeneiras think Aldo is? GSP? Anderson? What a joke.

He's in no position to dictate the terms of anything to Zuffa. They had no qualms about throwing Jones, a guy who they spent a lot of time grooming as a new superstar, under the bus for refusing to fight a replacement opponent at UFC 151. I'm not surprised that they caved this quickly after Dana's tirade about this whole situation.
Thom is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #4
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Crazy fight! Love them both !
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2013, 11:08 PM   #5
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

I'm happy that this fight is happening. But White needs to be consistent. If he can force Aldo's hand, there is a sure fire way to make Silva-Jones happen. I know he doesn't want it, but dammit the fans do. And he'd see a shitload of money.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2013, 01:15 AM   #6
elmaldito
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
I'm happy that this fight is happening. But White needs to be consistent. If he can force Aldo's hand, there is a sure fire way to make Silva-Jones happen. I know he doesn't want it, but dammit the fans do. And he'd see a shitload of money.
Weidman vs silva!!! Sign it!!!
elmaldito is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #7
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
Who the **** do Aldo and Pedeneiras think Aldo is? GSP? Anderson? What a joke.

He's in no position to dictate the terms of anything to Zuffa. They had no qualms about throwing Jones, a guy who they spent a lot of time grooming as a new superstar, under the bus for refusing to fight a replacement opponent at UFC 151. I'm not surprised that they caved this quickly after Dana's tirade about this whole situation.
He even threw Anderson under the bus after his performance against Maia
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #8
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb_forrest_g View Post
Dana White was battling tremendous technical difficulties during his Monday night MetroPCS online chat on UStream, but did manage to get a little bit of official business done in the mean time.
White relayed that he spoke with UFC featherweight champion [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]’s manager and trainer, Andre Pederneiras, who confirmed that Aldo had agreed to fight [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] on Aug. 3 as originally planned.
“The Aldo/Pettis fight is done,” said White. “The fight is on. The fight is done, in August.”
White put the screws to Aldo when, following the UFC 157 post-fight press conference, he revealed to a group of reporters that Aldo was refusing to fight Pettis because he didn’t feel like Pettis, the No. 1 lightweight contender, deserved a shot at his belt immediately upon dropping down to featherweight.
“André Pederneiras was in England and sat down with me and Lorenzo (Fertitta) and said we don’t think he deserves it,” [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. “Well, he might be the number one guy at 155 (pounds), but how does that make him the number one (at 145 pounds)?
“Are you out of your (expletive) mind? Are you serious? Did you seriously just ask me that question? It’s like if Aldo wanted to move up to 155, are we going to say he’s not the number one contender? What are you talking about?”White made it abundantly clear that he wasn’t happy with his champion’s stance.
“He’s going to fight Pettis or he’s not going to like how this turns out.”
Fans took to various social media platforms, most backing White, thrashing Aldo for not wanting to take the fight.
Aldo apparently took that to heart and reconsidered.
Jose Aldo will defend his UFC featherweight championship against Anthony Pettis on Aug. 3 at a venue and location as yet to be determined.
I´m not seeing the name Ben Henderson mentioned in the post....
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum