Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 03-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #1
DEFoverOFE99%
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75
Default List of horrible refereeing jobs that rarely get mentioned as being terrible

LIST OF HORRIBLE REFEREEING JOBS THAT RARELY GET MENTIONED AS BEING TERRIBLE

This thread is NOT about the ones we all talk about like the obviously bias and utterly disgraceful job done by Referee Russell Mora’s during the Agbeko vs.. Mares bout or the ludicrously awful job done by Referee Gelasio Perez Huerta during the Matthysse vs.. Harris bout

But instead a list of the equally and in many cases even more horrendous jobs done by Referee's that barley if ever get a mention as being such
For me after converting a bunch of my old recorded fights from VHS to DVD I decided to re-watch a few fights one of those fights just happened to be Wladimir Klitschko vs.. Lamon Brewster
And that fight inspired me to come up with this thread after re-watching the pathetically far bellow amateur grade officiating done by Referee Robert Byrd cause as I was re-watching the bout I
Recalled being PISSED and yelling at the TV throw out the fight for not taking points from (CLINCH-KO) do to the fact that there was At Least 6 occasions during the fight AFTER numerous warnings that warranted points being taking away and then to make matters even worse he gave Klitschko a standing 8 count in a fight with no standing 8 counts BUT to me the biggest tragedy of this terrible officiating job was that the next day friends and co-workers that were fans of boxing weren't talking about how bad Byrd was and there was never a mention in any boxing magazines newspaper articles sports shows that covered boxing nothing what so ever about how shity Byrd was during that fight so I made this thread were we can list other referee's who did shit jobs and never took any flak for it.
Pleas just list a ref and a fight that meets this criteria and why you think he did a bad job

ALSO PLEAS FEEL FREE TO COMMENT ON MY PICK AS WELL AS OTHERS PIC'S AGREE DISAGREE WHATEVER I think it will be interesting to see what we each find to be bad quality's in a Referee

MY # 1. Referee Robert Byrd officiating Wladimir Klitschko vs. Lamon Brewster for reasons mentioned above.
DEFoverOFE99% is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #2
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: List of horrible refereeing jobs that rarely get mentioned as being terrible

Peden v Campbell 2
One of the worst I ever seen, pretty much gave Campbell no chance from the get go...
MidniteProwler is online now  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #3
Leftsmash
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 400
Default Re: List of horrible refereeing jobs that rarely get mentioned as being terrible

Reid vs Ottke

Pretty clear why.
Leftsmash is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 05:19 PM   #4
Low Blow Combos
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Any fight Joe Cortez has been involved with.

**** that guy.
Low Blow Combos is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #5
Scar
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Luigi: Benn vs McClellan
Bowser: Hatton vs Tszyu
Scar is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #6
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 835

i always felt the standing 8 was weird, refs call a knockdown when they think the ropes are holding the guy up maybe the ref thought he would have went down if not for the ropes
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #7
DEFoverOFE99%
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO KIDD View Post
i always felt the standing 8 was weird, refs call a knockdown when they think the ropes are holding the guy up maybe the ref thought he would have went down if not for the ropes
not in this case it was a clear as day ***** ass standing 8 count
DEFoverOFE99% is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #8
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFoverOFE99% View Post
[b]L

This thread is NOT about the ones we all talk about like the obviously bias and utterly disgraceful job done by Referee Russell Mora’s during the Agbeko vs.. Mares bout or the ludicrously awful job done by Referee Gelasio Perez Huerta during the Matthysse vs.. Harris bout.........

For me after converting a bunch of my old recorded fights from VHS to DVD I decided to re-watch a few fights one of those fights just happened to be Wladimir Klitschko vs.. Lamon Brewster
And that fight inspired me to come up with this thread after re-watching the pathetically far bellow amateur grade officiating done by Referee Robert Byrd cause as I was re-watching the bout I
Recalled being PISSED and yelling at the TV throw out the fight for not taking points from (CLINCH-KO) do to the fact that there was At Least 6 occasions during the fight AFTER numerous warnings that warranted points being taking away and then to make matters even worse he gave Klitschko a standing 8 count in a fight with no standing 8 counts BUT to me the biggest tragedy of this terrible officiating job was that the next day friends and co-workers that were fans of boxing weren't talking about how bad Byrd was and there was never a mention in any boxing magazines newspaper articles sports shows that covered boxing nothing what so ever about how shity Byrd was during that fight so I made this thread were we can list other referee's who did shit jobs and never took any flak for it.
These are the two longest sentences ever posted on ESB.
Cableaddict is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #9
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 835

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFoverOFE99% View Post
not in this case it was a clear as day ***** ass standing 8 count
well at least he didnt ruin the result of the fight
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #10
Maximus
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 505

Hatton-Floyd then Calzaghe-Hopkins, both reffed by Joe 'Cunt' Cortez. Completely switched his reffing around to suit Hopkins after he did everything he could to keep Hatton off Floyd.
Maximus is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #11
MannySteward
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 806

Steve Smoger for Alexander v Maidana. Disgrace
MannySteward is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #12
mgdb26
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3528

Dirrell/Froch
Povetkin/Huck (he stopped the fight every time Povetkin was landed on so that Povetkin had time to recover. I have no doubt in my mind Povetkin would have been KO'd if not for that ref.)
mgdb26 is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #13
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 2001

Every other Joe Cortez fight
kirk is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #14
Kush
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannySteward View Post
Steve Smoger for Alexander v Maidana. Disgrace

Good one
Kush is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #15
JDezi4
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Honestly the guy from Montiel-Donaire was pretty dumb, if only for a short period of time
JDezi4 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum