Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #76
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,203
vCash: 75
Default Re: take abril off tv !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
That accounts for 20 seconds of each round when Rios was walking through his pity pat arm punches on his way in. Rios didn't bother to avoid them cuz he simply didn't need too. You don't score meaningless punches no matter how flashy at the pro level. You score meaningful punches.
Judges prefer shots that do the most damage, I agree 100% Rios did have the heavier shots in the fight, Abril held on most of the fight and excessive holding is a foul and can sway judges into believing you do not want to fight that you are simply trying to survive.... it turns judges off it turns fans off.

Rios in the books has a win they need to deal with it.... I will take qualified judges over popular opinion
Bazooka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2013, 04:55 PM   #77
DaveyboyEssexUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 2,496
vCash: 500
Default Re: take abril off tv !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCer777 View Post
STFU you racially biased piece of shit. It wouldn't be listed as one of the biggest robberies of 2012 if it wasn't that. Go **** yourself with your nonsense.
As ive stated before i think Rios gave bazoo a blow job
DaveyboyEssexUK is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #78
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,203
vCash: 75
Default Re: take abril off tv !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyboyEs***UK View Post
some common boxing sense

Wow your that pathetic you have to quote your own Alt.....
Bazooka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #79
EuroBot
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Madrid
Posts: 1,111
vCash: 500
Default Re: take abril off tv !!!!!

Shut up, Freddy, you're an embarrassment.
EuroBot is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:05 PM   #80
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,203
vCash: 75
Default Re: take abril off tv !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroBot View Post
Shut up, Freddy, you're an embarrassment.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Bazooka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #81
allenko1
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,190
vCash: 1000
Default Re: take abril off tv !!!!!

cant believe so many of you are defending abril here. yeah, i think he won the fight last night, but he still is terrible to watch. the question is, do you want to see him in a premium tv main event?
allenko1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:10 PM   #82
DaveyboyEssexUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 2,496
vCash: 500
Default Re: take abril off tv !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
Wow your that pathetic you have to quote your own Alt.....
lol you believe what you like... lol Alt???/ you are sad to think that, all because i agree with a statement from someone on here who i dont even know.

You keep wearing those Rios rose tinted glasses, theres many on here i respect despite disagreeing with like loudon or lance Uppercut, but your arguments in defending rios win against abril just comes across as pathetically desperate!

Abril wasnt holding like you say in the Rios fight, he stood his ground with his defence up which nullified rios, either by making him hit air or his guard and caught rios with clean punches on the outside.

You love Boxing or Rios? Yes Rios i thought so because if you love boxing youd see that fight completely different.

Im a fan of Froch but did he beat Ward ? No way! Ward too technically gifted
DaveyboyEssexUK is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:10 PM   #83
natep
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: lucifers sanctuary, no one will come for me.
Posts: 2,277
vCash: 362
Default Re: take abril off tv !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroBot View Post
Shut up, Freddy, you're an embarrassment.
Why? Because Abril is terrible to watch? many boxing fans, including myself pay $$ to subscribe to Showtime only to feel ripped off we are paying money to watch bullshit like that.
natep is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #84
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,203
vCash: 75
Default Re: take abril off tv !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyboyEs***UK View Post
lol you believe what you like... lol Alt???/ you are sad to think that, all because i agree with a statement from someone on here who i dont even know.

You keep wearing those Rios rose tinted glasses, theres many on here i respect despite disagreeing with like loudon or lance Uppercut, but your arguments in defending rios win against abril just comes across as pathetically desperate!

Abril wasnt holding like you say in the Rios fight, he stood his ground with his defence up which nullified rios, either by making him hit air or his guard and caught rios with clean punches on the outside.

You love Boxing or Rios? Yes Rios i thought so because if you love boxing youd see that fight completely different.

Im a fan of Froch but did he beat Ward ? No way! Ward too technically gifted
Dont be a ****ing idiot if what your saying regarding Abril is the truth then you must think John Ruiz is the most skilled fighter of all time...

Bottom line this is boxing in which the rules state Holding is a foul and its not a tactic that gains you points..... when Judges see a fighter holding that much that fighter leaves the fight up for interpretation meaning the judges see it as that fighter simply does not want to fight and fighting is what wins fights.....

So you cant bitch about the decision when you have a guy like Abril showing you he doesnt want to fight..... bottom line if he wanted the win he should have fought for the win, not hold his man 80 plus times during the fight and expect the title to be handed to him **** that shit....
Bazooka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #85
DaveyboyEssexUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 2,496
vCash: 500
Default Re: take abril off tv !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenko1 View Post
cant believe so many of you are defending abril here. yeah, i think he won the fight last night, but he still is terrible to watch. the question is, do you want to see him in a premium tv main event?
Whats wrong with Abril? you dont like his style? its not for american fans taste??

This is like americans saying the klitchko bros are boring just cos they dont go gun slinging.

This sport is called boxing = hit and dont get hit = thats what Abrils style is about = deal with it
DaveyboyEssexUK is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #86
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bumfuck, Egypt
Posts: 22,194
vCash: 1000
Default Re: take abril off tv !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divi253 View Post
Clean punches don't count, they have to bother/hurt your opponent to be 'meaningful'. Wasn't that Pacs fans argument for the Bradley fight? Bradley's punches didn't mean anything? We're getting desperate here!


Abril won against Rios. Abril won last night. Both times looked ugly as shit.. But he deserved both wins.
Another poster that doesn't get the fact that there are two classes of judges. Some score FIGHT first. Some score BOXING first. Abril got 1 of three for that reason. Brandon got 2 of three for that very same reason. Again, if you fight like you WANT it to go to the judges then don't bitch if they don't see it your way. Abril lost his job at the omelet factory cuz he can't crack an egg and has adapted his style to that. Spoiling will always be his tactic against top level opponents.
Hermit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #87
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,203
vCash: 75
Default Re: take abril off tv !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyboyEs***UK View Post
Whats wrong with Abril? you dont like his style? its not for american fans taste??

This is like americans saying the klitchko bros are boring just cos they dont go gun slinging.

This sport is called boxing = hit and dont get hit = thats what Abrils style is about = deal with it

hit and dont get hit true, but holding is considered a foul especially excessive holding.... bottom line you can not foul your way to the end of the fight and expect judges to appreciate that shit.

hit and dont get hit meaning use your ****ing defense, hands up, move out of the way using your footwork, use some head movement, Abril does none of that he simply holds and that is a foul
Bazooka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #88
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bumfuck, Egypt
Posts: 22,194
vCash: 1000
Default Re: take abril off tv !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyboyEs***UK View Post
Whats wrong with Abril? you dont like his style? its not for american fans taste??

This is like americans saying the klitchko bros are boring just cos they dont go gun slinging.

This sport is called boxing = hit and dont get hit = thats what Abrils style is about = deal with it
Fan of 'Hook'n Hold' Hatton are we?
Hermit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:19 PM   #89
EuroBot
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Madrid
Posts: 1,111
vCash: 500
Default Re: take abril off tv !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natep View Post
Why? Because Abril is terrible to watch? many boxing fans, including myself pay $$ to subscribe to Showtime only to feel ripped off we are paying money to watch bullshit like that.
Freddy is butthurt because Rios got schooled by Cuban Abril and it haunts him. He has an agenda, don't worry.
EuroBot is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:23 PM   #90
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,203
vCash: 75
Default Re: take abril off tv !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyboyEs***UK View Post
Whats wrong with Abril? you dont like his style? its not for american fans taste??

Nah we prefer real fighters I understand Euros have no problem with the whole one shot and grab style, we understand that but that doesnt mean we appreciate that.....

Much the way we do not appreciate our woman to have hair under their arm pits like Euros do.... we expect better...
Bazooka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013