Old 03-03-2013, 06:24 PM   #91
DaveyboyEssexUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: take abril off tv !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
Dont be a ****ing idiot if what your saying regarding Abril is the truth then you must think John Ruiz is the most skilled fighter of all time...

Bottom line this is boxing in which the rules state Holding is a foul and its not a tactic that gains you points..... when Judges see a fighter holding that much that fighter leaves the fight up for interpretation meaning the judges see it as that fighter simply does not want to fight and fighting is what wins fights.....

So you cant ***** about the decision when you have a guy like Abril showing you he doesnt want to fight..... bottom line if he wanted the win he should have fought for the win, not hold his man 80 plus times during the fight and expect the title to be handed to him **** that ****....
As i said your looking through rios tinted glasses you cant see anything else, Holding? actually alot of the time i saw rios holding out of frustration, Abril simply stood his ground in a defensive posture , yeah here and there he held but not too the degree that your going on about, plus Abrils combos on the outside were clean.

FFS! Abril came to box, the sport is called boxing you dumb ****! Its not called fighting. Just cos Abril wouldnt oblige your boy rios style you slag him off.
If you cant appreciate the subtlties on how Abril outboxed and nullified Rios then you dont know **** about boxing and i dont say that too many.

You keep on believing fanboy
DaveyboyEssexUK is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2013, 06:25 PM   #92
DaveyboyEssexUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Nah we prefer real fighters I understand Euros have no problem with the whole one shot and grab style, we understand that but that doesnt mean we appreciate that.....

Much the way we do not appreciate our woman to have hair under their arm pits like Euros do.... we expect better...
LMAO my woman is American and she from Virginia
Old 03-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #93
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyboyEs***UK View Post
LMAO my woman is American and she from Virginia
**** that says allot in itself
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #94
DaveyboyEssexUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
Fan of 'Hook'n Hold' Hatton are we?
No hatton style is not to my liking actually
Old 03-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #95
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

Ok Rios fans. Even if you think Rios won you can't really say he won convincingly or without controversy. I don't have a problem with Rios "winning" as long as he granted Abril a rematch since the majority of fans felt Abril should have won.

Mares gave Agbeko a rematch after a close and very controversial contest.
Pac gave JMM a rematch after a gift decision.
Floyd gave Castillo a rematch soon after their first fight.

You see a pattern here? That's just how it's done. I'm a Rios fan and I wouldn't ever question his heart but no way he wants to deal with Abril's style ever again because he knows he can't find a clean target.
gyll is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #96
DaveyboyEssexUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
**** that says allot in itself
i dont think you get the subtley in my reply.............
Old 03-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #97
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
As i said your looking through rios tinted glasses you cant see anything else, Holding? actually alot of the time i saw rios holding out of frustration, Abril simply stood his ground in a defensive posture , yeah here and there he held but not too the degree that your going on about, plus Abrils combos on the outside were clean.

FFS! Abril came to box, the sport is called boxing you dumb ****! Its not called fighting. Just cos Abril wouldnt oblige your boy rios style you slag him off.
If you cant appreciate the subtlties on how Abril outboxed and nullified Rios then you dont know **** about boxing and i dont say that too many.

You keep on believing fanboy
Answer this question is excessive Holding a foul? so then how can you hate that the judges didnt award this ***** style of fighting the W? its not about Holding hit and dont get hit yes but there are different ways to hit and not get hit.... Sadly Abril doesnt have those skill sets
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 06:29 PM   #98
DaveyboyEssexUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
Ok Rios fans. Even if you think Rios won you can't really say he won convincingly or without controversy. I don't have a problem with Rios "winning" as long as he granted Abril a rematch since the majority of fans felt Abril should have won.

Mares gave Agbeko a rematch after a close and very controversial contest.
Pac gave JMM a rematch after a gift decision.
Floyd gave Castillo a rematch soon after their first fight.

You see a pattern here? That's just how it's done. I'm a Rios fan and I wouldn't ever question his heart but no way he wants to deal with Abril's style ever again because he knows he can't find a clean target.
I appreciate your objectivity, your a fan but not a fanboy unlike bazoo
Old 03-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #99
DaveyboyEssexUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Answer this question is excessive Holding a foul? so then how can you hate that the judges didnt award this ***** style of fighting the W? its not about Holding hit and dont get hit yes but there are different ways to hit and not get hit.... Sadly Abril doesnt have those skill sets
As i said your looking at Abrils stance as holding, Abril stood his ground holding his defencive stance up making it difficult for rios to do anything other than hit round Abrils back.

Sorry if Abrils style didnt make your boys style shine
Old 03-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #100
ReverendSultan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I liked what Abril did last night. I didn't think he did that much holding...Bogere was the dirty fighter...Abril was slick as hell last night...landed some beautiful combinations...
ReverendSultan is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 06:37 PM   #101
allenko1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Whats wrong with Abril? you dont like his style? its not for american fans taste??

This is like americans saying the klitchko bros are boring just cos they dont go gun slinging.

This sport is called boxing = hit and dont get hit = thats what Abrils style is about = deal with it
no, paulie maliggnigi sp? hits and dont get hit, donaire, ward, mayweather and more. they fight in way you want to see them again. abril spoils. this also entertainment, so if what he does, is "boxing", then i don't want that...
allenko1 is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #102
DaveyboyEssexUK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenko1 View Post
no, paulie maliggnigi sp? hits and dont get hit, donaire, ward, mayweather and more. they fight in way you want to see them again. abril spoils. this also entertainment, so if what he does, is "boxing", then i don't want that...
there are different styles and methods to the sweet science not just one to which i can appreciate and understand but if you dont like as you say dont watch it
Old 03-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #103
allenko1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

it shouldn't be put on Showtime bud. it wasn't a terrible fight because of bogere. he had to make the fight and he did. if he had tried to stick-and-move and try to catch abril at just the right time, the fight would have been dreadful. so he deserves credit...
allenko1 is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 06:59 PM   #104
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Rios got roughed up and punked by the man. Abril will forever be knows as Rios' daddy!!! 11 rounds to 1, biggest schooling of the year! Rios is garbage!

Last edited by Royal-T-Bag; 03-03-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Royal-T-Bag is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #105
gdm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He won yesterday and I don't think he was boring.
gdm is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum