Francesco Pianeta KO/TKO 23 16.20%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #91
Peril
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Francesco Pianeta

Wladimir Klichko is coming for you O he deflowered Wach, now Pianetta, then hopefully Povetkin or some glassjawed fraud of a brit or Yankee. Price and Mitchel got exposed, who's left?
Peril is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #92
boxeo#1
Boxer-Puncher
ESB Addict

vCash: 4511

Funny how people still expect Waldo to KO him after his fail vs Wach.
boxeo#1 is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #93
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceferg View Post
If you actually read the posts that Maximus guy brought up Wladimir's competition and implied Haye's was better. That's what lead to Harrison and shot Ruiz being brought up.
I see now fair point
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #94
Asterion
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxeo#1 View Post
Funny how people still expect Waldo to KO him after his fail vs Wach.
Fail?

Wach took a beating. The guy has a granite chin and that's why he didn't go down by Wlad's bombs, who were landing ALL NIGHT.
Asterion is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #95
Maximus
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 505

Quote:
If you actually read the posts that Maximus guy brought up Wladimir's competition and implied Haye's was better. That's what lead to Harrison and shot Ruiz being brought up.
I never implied Haye's resume over the past 3 fights and his next potential opponent is better, because it IS better. He has Harrison, Wlad, Chisora, and possibly Vitali lined up. Are you seriously trying to say that he gets trumped by Mormeck (who Haye already KTFO of a better, younger version at his natural weight), Thompson (he was a mandatory so Wlad gets a pass), Wach (who?) and Pianeta (who again?)

The only tomato can Haye has faced in his last 3 fights was Harrison and there was huge domestic interest in the fight. Next you'll be saying Germany is crying out for Wlad to face Pianeta
Maximus is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 06:23 PM   #96
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

Heavyweight division's totally going down the pan if Pianeta is the best available option.

Why, oh why, can't Povetkin grow the rudiments of a pair of testicles? They don't even have to be full size, just present is all I ask.
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #97
derrick
6ft4 215 bring it on
ESB Addict

vCash: 533

This fight makes WLad look bad to me. I hope Wlad pulls out of this fight. This fight makes the sport look bad. Francesco Pianeta has done nothing to earn a shot at the title. He is 100% tomato can. The best things boxing fans can do is not watch it. Lets send a message by not supporting this fight. Being Heavyweight Champ means nothing these days because of fights like this.
derrick is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #98
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

pianeta quits once he gets hit by a wlad right to the face. "fug this shite"
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #99
Kevin Willis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 295

Has Pianeta ever shown any chin issues up to this point. Sorry for not being up to date on him.

I think we all knew that Jennings was never going to take this fight at this stage. Anyone who blames Wlad's management for Jennings not happening is just deluded.
Kevin Willis is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #100
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
I never implied Haye's resume over the past 3 fights and his next potential opponent is better, because it IS better. He has Harrison, Wlad, Chisora, and possibly Vitali lined up. Are you seriously trying to say that he gets trumped by Mormeck (who Haye already KTFO of a better, younger version at his natural weight), Thompson (he was a mandatory so Wlad gets a pass), Wach (who?) and Pianeta (who again?)

The only tomato can Haye has faced in his last 3 fights was Harrison and there was huge domestic interest in the fight. Next you'll be saying Germany is crying out for Wlad to face Pianeta
Your mentioning these fights but let's remember Wladimir has been actively fighting. Thompson is a much more proven fighter than Chisora. Wach is better than Harrison. Your bringing up Wladimir as one of Haye's opponents yet you forget to mention that Wladimir fought Haye in that fight as well.

I'm sure that any level headed boxing fan would agree that while WK's opposition could perhaps be a bit better it is still better than Haye's. Haye isn't even actively fighting so how can you go on as thoughhe is fighting better people? also Mormeck is considered one of Haye's best wins.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 09:59 PM   #101
freedom2013
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 322

Pianeta has never been down either as a pro or as an amateur.

He was world amateur youth heavyweight champion. Francesco is not flashy, but he's sturdy and has good technical skills. I thought he was finished when I heard he had cancer a few years ago, but his treatment was successful. Pianeta is ranked #14 on BoxRec and #12 by the IBO computer. The highest ranked opponent he's defeated was ranked #18 at the time by the IBO computer.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Timothy Bradley's next opponent Provodnikov is ranked BoxRec #24 in a lighter weight division than Bradley (he's never fought at 147 before). The highest ranked fighter Provodnikov ever defeated was ranked #58 by the IBO computer! Even though Bradley in contrast to Provodnikov is generally ranked in the top 10 P4P, nobody is complaining about Bradley-Provodnikov.

Why are people so hard on the Klitschkos?
freedom2013 is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 11:08 PM   #102
Sugar Nick
He's A Good Boy
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berliner View Post
Again you have no clue about the situation! Pulev wont fight Wladimir as a Voluntary and already said that he wants another fight before he will fight Wladimir!
Adamek? Would be even more crap than Pianeta! And I dont think that he wants to fight Wladimir! Because he knows that he would get his ass beaten very bad.
Haye? After his last performance? Why should he give Haye a rematch? He won clearly no need for another fight against Haye. Povetkin.... he will fight Povetkin this year I am pretty sure about that! Thompson? Hmm NO! He got KOed two times no need for a third!
Fury? He wants to get mandatory he would be plain stuipid to fight Wladimir as a Voluntary (gets more money as a mandatory)
Solis and Helenius Solis has to get in shape first! He looked very shot against Airich! Noway he would be better than Pianeta at the moment! Helenius has to look if his arm his good enough for boxing! He has a match against Sprott!
So I dont think it is that easy for Wladimir to get a better opponent than Pianeta... Also Pianeta is not that bad how people make him!
Fury has been saying for 2 months that he would fight either Klitschko.
And Wladimir himself asked the Povetkin fight to get pushed to Summer so he can milk his titles and get more money and a more padded record by fighting another undeserving stiff.
Sugar Nick is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 11:12 PM   #103
itsmeagain1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

awful awful fight. Most of this board had never heard of this guy before this sh1t.

Wlad is just milking every penny
itsmeagain1 is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 11:13 PM   #104
Sugar Nick
He's A Good Boy
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Your mentioning these fights but let's remember Wladimir has been actively fighting. Thompson is a much more proven fighter than Chisora. Wach is better than Harrison. Your bringing up Wladimir as one of Haye's opponents yet you forget to mention that Wladimir fought Haye in that fight as well.

I'm sure that any level headed boxing fan would agree that while WK's opposition could perhaps be a bit better it is still better than Haye's. Haye isn't even actively fighting so how can you go on as thoughhe is fighting better people? also Mormeck is considered one of Haye's best wins.
Haye and Mormeck fought years go though! Come on! But yeah Haye has nothing on his resume either. He has 2 good cruisers and a bunch of journeymen heavyweights. Monte Barrett,Valuev,John Ruiz were all over age 35. Cherrypicked!

But Wlad is simply milking his titles like the rest of these money loving pricks. Fighting low risk high reward bullshit fights.

Wach,Mormeck and now this Italian guy.
Sugar Nick is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2013, 11:21 PM   #105
CHEF
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Nick;14879643[B
]Fury has been saying for 2 months that he would fight either Klitschko.[/b]
And Wladimir himself asked the Povetkin fight to get pushed to Summer so he can milk his titles and get more money and a more padded record by fighting another undeserving stiff.
YEAH......all the while Fury was barking about the brothers, he was working the deal to fight cunningham.

even fury's team said not yet
CHEF is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum