Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 03-04-2013, 06:02 PM   #1
Dedication
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Noticing a lot of people praising Al Haymon lately

I know he gets hated a lot for his association with Mayweather but you can't help notice how much he does for fighters. He's a terrific advisor.

Within the past few days read and seen interviews with Austin Trout, Danny Garcia's dad Angel, Leo Santa Cruz and not to mention Mayweather giving him props.

One thing Angel said that caught my attention was "If there were more Al's about, boxing would have more stars"

It's unreal the amount of love he gets in comparison to other significant figues in boxing.

Angel's right, it's a gift that Al is part of boxing, and not a curse.
Dedication is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
Sweet-D-Willy
Tha Realest
ESB Addict

Default Re: Noticing a lot of people praising Al Haymon lately

peep what all of his fighters says about him..

sounds like he's done ALOT for them and they speak about him as if he's another father.

seems like a great manager.
Sweet-D-Willy is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #3
mgdb26
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3528

The guy is clearly a brilliant businessman. He's probably the most powerful man in boxing and he's only been in the boxing business since 2000. What I find really amazing is that a man as powerful and that has such a well known name manages to keep so much about himself a mystery. The little I do know about him is from this article:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
mgdb26 is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
Dedication
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdb26 View Post
The guy is clearly a brilliant businessman. He's probably the most powerful man in boxing and he's only been in the boxing business since 2000. What I find really amazing is that a man as powerful and that has such a well known name manages to keep so much about himself a mystery. The little I do know about him is from this article:
Read that article a number of times before, thanks. With each read, I respect the man even more.
Dedication is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #5
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

Haymon a G
PrinceN is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2013, 07:33 PM   #6
Nate 2011
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I've been singing Al Haymon's praises since the fall of 2005 when he got what was at that time Floyd "Money" Mayweather's second contract deal with Bob Arum/Top Rank professionally structured to where if Arum didn't deliver the type of big money superfights for Floyd that was part of the contractual agreement delivered then he had the option, as per clause, of buying out of that contract for the tune of just $750,000 which Floyd would eventually do when Bob said no to the big money fight sitting on the table for Mayweather-Delahoya ($12.5-million gaurenteed plus of course his cut of the PPV) and wouldn't offer Floyd more than the gaurenteed $8-million dollars for the supposed potential big fights against Antonio Margarito and Miguel Cotto when Floyd Mayweather was being offered and gaurenteed the exact same amount for the easier fight against the at that time Ring Magazine World Welterweight Champion Carlos Baldimir in a fight that Floyd would win decisevely.

Bob Arum despises Al Haymon deeply for that strategical manuevere and Arum always has let it be known that he would never do business with Al at any to all costs because of it even as far back as June, 2009 when upon Mayweather's comeback announcement and Manny Pacquiao's knockout of Ricky Hatton that same weekend the drums started to immediately beat for the at the time primed showdown between Mayweather-Pacquiao when Bob went as far as to say then that he would not help put a fight between Mayweather-Pacquiao together if it meant he had to do business with Haymon.

Let's face it, Al Haymon is to Floyd "Money" Mayweather as a manger what Mike Trainer was to Sugar Ray Leonard throughout his professional career and sometimes his out of the ring endorsement endeavors.
Nate 2011 is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #7
Sweet Jones
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdb26 View Post

"'Cause real bad boys move in silence."

- Kris Parker aka KRS-ONE , "Stop the Violence"
Sweet Jones is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #8
brnxhands
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 495

hes strictly business, doesnt want it to be about him so he stays lowkey making money. smart
brnxhands is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2013, 04:48 AM   #9
vast
Belt holder
ESB Addict

who?
vast is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum