Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Dr. Steelhammer vs Iron Mike, who wins?
Tyson by KO 177 72.54%
Klitschko by KO 52 21.31%
Tyson by Decision 2 0.82%
Klitschko by Decision 13 5.33%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2013, 01:59 AM   #136
macp1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Wladimir vs Mike Tyson Prime-4-Prime

Current Wlad would frustrate Tyson, who might even score a KD. The fight would look like the Douglas fight, but Mike wouldnt seem to have any chance after the 1st round. Would probably be like a combination of both Peter fights. And NO, I'm not saying Peter is even in the same school as Mike, let alone same class, but as the cliche goes, styles make fights, and Wlad would solve Mike. Younger Wlad would lose much like the Sanders fight. He'd be blown out trying first to trade, then get petrified when Mike touches him for the first time.

Vitali is a different story. Mike's chin was WAY too strong for Vitali's arm punches, and Mike would be able to get inside quickly on those long arms, eliminating that advantage for Klitschko almost immediately. Vitali wouldn't fear Mike, much like against Lewis, but Mike in 88 hit way harder than Lewis, and much crisper and quicker. Those fists didnt have too far to travel, comparatively speaking.

I'd predict 2003 Wlad vs 88 Mike - Tyson KO2

Wlad 2012/2013 vs 88 Mike - Wlad KO 10 or 117-111 type UD

Prime Vitali (2004-2004?) and even this Vitali vs 88 Mike -

Mike TKO6 Vitali

(Mike is my second or third favourite of all time btw...Razor, Tyson/Golota, Prime Ding (cruiserweight) Personally, Heavyweights are my division, obviously, but I prefer cruiserweights...too bad they werent more popular. Big men that arent too fat to fight.
macp1 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2013, 02:09 AM   #137
Capaedia
Consumate Newb
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNWeave View Post
how do you think Wlad would deal with Tyson's head movement?
I think Wlad would surprise us all by bobbing and weaving back to avoid Tyson's ponderous punches and get off his own.

Wlad has the ability to bob and weave. I believe in him.
Capaedia is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2013, 04:45 AM   #138
chinachin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Tyson connects once Wlad is out for an hour.
chinachin is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2013, 06:03 AM   #139
moneypaysbills
That's Mr moneypaysbills
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Tyson will knock wlad's block off, granted he isn't a fat semi-pro golfer(RIP) but I still back him
moneypaysbills is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2013, 06:14 AM   #140
brnxhands
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 495

Id favor mike. But dont act like it would be a cakewalk trying to get inside. That jab an that right hand could an would hurt mike badly.
brnxhands is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2013, 06:27 AM   #141
Harman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILENCER View Post
BALLER IS HURTING BADLY...

every time someone mentions “Prime Tyson within 1 round” I have to step in and pop the bubble by refreshing the memories:

And although Tyson’s KOloss has been described as “one of the most shocking upsets in modern sports history” it was NOT a fluke: It was because Iron Mike Tyson was in reality Tiny Mike Tyson (5’10”)

Let’s check what happened when Tyson met
BETTER+TALLER (i.e. > 6’3”)opponents:

First time Mike met a taller+better opponent:
·Mitch Green (6’5.0”) –> UD10
Second time Mike met a taller+better opponent:
·James Bonecrusher Smith (6’4.0”) –> UD10
Third time Mike met a taller+better opponent:
·Tony Tucker (6’5.0”) –> UD12
Fourth time Mike met a taller+better opponent:
·Buster Douglas (6’3.5”) –> Tyson gets KOed
Sixth time Mike met a taller+better opponent:
·Lennox Lewis (6’5.0”) –> Tyson gets KOed
Seventh time Mike met a taller+better opponent:
·Kevin McBride (6’6.0”) –> Tyson gets KOed

Now, what he achieved career-wise DESPITE his size is remarkable. But to claim that he would beat every opponent within 1 round (including modern heavyweights like ·Wladimir Klitschko) is simply ignorance of his CAREER FACTS.

The ONLY time Tyson scored a knockout against a taller+better opponent was against ·Lou Savarese (46-6). But that was some strange KO (Tyson was lucky he wasn’t disqualified) and Savarese came from a loss after a 1-year-layoff. So it’s hardly a proof for “Tyson, the Goliath-killer”.

Let’s also quote a trainer who has eyewitnessed both Tyson and Wladimir Klitschko:

Question:
“You have worked with a lot of world class fighters. Is Tyson the hardest puncher you have ever seen or should I say felt?”

Freddie Roach:
“Punch for punch I think Klitschko probably hits a little bit harder but Mike’s much more explosive.”

that was an extract from an Interview with Freddie Roach.

Tyson struggled with guys much worse than Wladimir, such as Bonecrusher Smith. If Wlad employed his hugging style he would have a chance of decisioning him. Tyson is smaller and weaker than Peter, and so Wlad would have an even easier time controlling him in the clinches. Tyson always had trouble with a god jab, even Larry Holmes, who was in the worst professional shape of his life (coming off a two year layoff with no warmup) gave him some trouble for a few rounds with the jab.

The only thing that makes this fight extremely dangerous for Wlad is the chin. It's conceivable he would get blown out by a hook, but unlikely if he fights like he did against Peter.

Tyson was the product of careful matchmaking and a great hype machine; a man who was too reliant on intimidation for his success… He never fought Riddick Bowe, Lennox Lewis, Evander Holyfield in his prime or even a comebacking George Foreman. That tells you something… Tyson was unproven in his prime.

Look at the cab drivers and crack wh*res Tyson was knocking out to get a title shot… I mean what big name did he beat? A 38 year old Larry Holmes!?? A small and rusty Michael Spinks?! If people are gonna say Rocky Marciano knocked out a past-it Joe Louis…take a long hard look at “devastating” Tyson’s early opponents.
Tyson weaker then S.Peter?

Klitschko Fanboys know only the Klitschkos, but no plan of the era before the sisters.

86-88 Tyson would demolish Waldi inside the first 3 Rounds. He would hunting him in the ring until he would catch him. Waldi had no inside game but for clinching and in USA he became Point deductions over Point deductions for massiv clinching.

what Waldi do againt smaller oppenent (even to bums like Mormek) is abnormal and irregular
Harman is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2013, 06:37 AM   #142
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I'd favor Wlad over prime Tyson. Tyson would have his moments early on but would fade quite quickly. Wlad UD12 or late TKO win.
madballster is online now  Top
Old 03-05-2013, 06:46 AM   #143
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by madballster View Post
I'd favor Wlad over prime Tyson. Tyson would have his moments early on but would fade quite quickly. Wlad UD12 or late TKO win.
What fight from Tyson's prime has he faded quickly?
dinovelvet is online now  Top
Old 03-05-2013, 06:48 AM   #144
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by madballster View Post
Those moments are more than enough to knock Wlad out.
dinovelvet is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum