Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 03-04-2013, 07:19 PM   #16
mgdb26
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3528
Default Re: Donaire fights on back foot !

The only chance Rigo has in this fight is if he forces Donaire to be the aggressor and pot shots him with counters. If Rigo chooses to be the aggressor, he's going to get KO'd. Every time Rigo has been knocked down or hurt, it was when he decided to become the aggressor and got countered.
mgdb26 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2013, 07:25 PM   #17
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet-D-Willy View Post
he'd be letting Rigo control the pace. he'd be on the defensive looking to counter, and i see him failing to do so. Nonito is very hittable, Rigo, not so much. Nonito won't get away from those straight lefts. i think his best bet is to try to make a fight out of it and get the KO, but stay patient.

Donaire is not getting the W in the chess match department.
Donaire has elite defensive lateral movement. He can control the center really well and circle away from that left hand. The fights with Darchinyan, Montiel, Arce, and Nishioka show that. Donaire is a very dynamic counter-puncher. It's Rigo who has trouble initiating offense coming forward, unless his opponent is hurt and Rigo goes for the finish. If he chases Donaire, he'll likely expose himself. Donaire is better side-stepping and back-pedalling than Rigo is cutting a ring off and pressing an attack. Donaire will set the pace in this fight.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #18
Sweet-D-Willy
Tha Realest
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
Donaire has elite defensive lateral movement. He can control the center really well and circle away from that left hand. The fights with Darchinyan, Montiel, Arce, and Nishioka show that. Donaire is a very dynamic counter-puncher. It's Rigo who has trouble initiating offense coming forward, unless his opponent is hurt and Rigo goes for the finish. If he chases Donaire, he'll likely expose himself. Donaire is better side-stepping and back-pedalling than Rigo is cutting a ring off and pressing an attack. Donaire will set the pace in this fight.
not convinced.. would like to see him do it against an accurate sharp shooter with speed like Rigo. which Darchinyan, Montiel, and Arce are not.
i would like to see just how good of a counter puncher he is, against someone who rarely gets touched and can counter himself. we know that Nonito can get touched. Vasquez Jr. lumped him up with jabs all night.

besides, Nonito is too concerned with the "crowd's reaction". he'll start head hunting when he hears boo's and leave himself open. and i rarely see him go to body even when his opponents are in a shell. he's not this great technician in the ring that he's made out to be. but extremely athletic and powerful.
Sweet-D-Willy is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #19
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Fanatic View Post
utilize your reach advantage. donaire a smart fighter
I'm always looking forward to your avatars, you've never disappoint me.
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2013, 03:06 AM   #20
Milpitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Nonito needs to impose his power and bring the fight to Guillermo. Donaire needs to use his height and reach advantage by aggressively coming forward.
Milpitas is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2013, 08:04 AM   #21
ikeabuchia
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 600

I see there are some very well thought out responses .It looks like the majority of you are on the ball. .
If Donaire adopts this stategy I can see him having sucess. he has to use all of his physical gifts and fight precisely. I have watched many of Rigo bouts and boy is he hard to beat. If Donaire beats Rigo. he should be P4P number uno !! no doubt.
Rigo is slippery like an eels . one advice to Donaire watch for the hook to the body I can say with 100 percent with certainty if that lands its game over period!.
ikeabuchia is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2013, 08:11 AM   #22
Tora
Estonian Cab Driver
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 100

rigonglass, does what it says on the tin
rigo has the frame and chin of a 12 year old boy

im not hating i really hope he proves me wrong but dont bet on it.
Tora is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2013, 08:13 AM   #23
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxmaster View Post
Rigo is a good aggressor, he just chooses not to fight that way since the amateurs. As a pro a lot of the time he wants to settle for out pointing guys when he could have just knocked them all out.
Rigo is not a good aggressor, he is a pure counter puncher. I've seen plenty of his amateur career as well and I have no idea what or who you're talking about.
dealt_with is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum