Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Hard massive bastards......
Tyson 178 51.59%
Lewis 167 48.41%
Voters: 345. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2013, 07:45 AM   #136
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 7,220
vCash: 500
Default Re: Prime Mike Tyson vs prime Lennox Lewis ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBanzai View Post
Lewis kills any version of Tyson with ease, Tyson never beat a great fighter in his life.
You say the same thing in every thread

Was Larry Holmes a great fighter yes or no?
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2013, 07:50 AM   #137
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 7,220
vCash: 500
Default Re: Prime Mike Tyson vs prime Lennox Lewis ?

I think Tyson beats Lewis.

Look at how scared and nervous Lewis was against Tyson in 2002, Manny was swearing and shouting at Lewis to take Tyson out.

Do you really think hes going to fight any braver against the tyson of the Berbick fight?

I dont think so.

Lennox was no different to any of the other guys tyson was beating, other than, Lewis had perfected, the clinch, lean, hug technique. That wont work against a younger more energetic Tyson. Unless lewi just wants to survive the 12 rounds. I think Lewis has enough savvy to last the distance, he wont get knocked out as hed always take a guy like Tyson seriously. However lewis always was a 'safety first' fighter, i dotn think a prime tyson would allow to Lennox to do much else, other than survive, which is what his other opponents had to resort to. Those that tried to engage him were Kod pretty early, Berbick, Tubbs etc.
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:54 AM   #138
RememberingC.S.
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,038
vCash: 639
Default Re: Prime Mike Tyson vs prime Lennox Lewis ?

Seems that the fact Lewis already beated Tyson in the amateurs doesn't count to the eyes of boxing specialists...
RememberingC.S. is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:57 AM   #139
RememberingC.S.
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,038
vCash: 639
Default Re: Prime Mike Tyson vs prime Lennox Lewis ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzer85 View Post
I think Tyson beats Lewis.

Look at how scared and nervous Lewis was against Tyson in 2002, Manny was swearing and shouting at Lewis to take Tyson out.

Do you really think hes going to fight any braver against the tyson of the Berbick fight?

I dont think so.

Lennox was no different to any of the other guys tyson was beating, other than, Lewis had perfected, the clinch, lean, hug technique. That wont work against a younger more energetic Tyson. Unless lewi just wants to survive the 12 rounds. I think Lewis has enough savvy to last the distance, he wont get knocked out as hed always take a guy like Tyson seriously. However lewis always was a 'safety first' fighter, i dotn think a prime tyson would allow to Lennox to do much else, other than survive, which is what his other opponents had to resort to. Those that tried to engage him were Kod pretty early, Berbick, Tubbs etc.
Do you know why manny was shouting? Because the referee already deducted a point with no reason to Lewis, and he could as well have disqualified him with another point deduction; Lewis was simply toying with Tyson, he didn't even seem worried.... after all, if a stiff like Smith could go 12 rounds against a "prime" (lol) Tyson....
RememberingC.S. is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:57 AM   #140
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,741
vCash: 100
Default Re: Prime Mike Tyson vs prime Lennox Lewis ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberingC.S. View Post
Seems that the fact Lewis already beated Tyson in the amateurs doesn't count to the eyes of boxing specialists...
Thats a stupid argument. Tyrell Biggs beat both Lewis and Tyson in the amateurs but got destroyed by them in the pro's.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:07 AM   #141
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,741
vCash: 100
Default Re: Prime Mike Tyson vs prime Lennox Lewis ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberingC.S. View Post
Do you know why manny was shouting? Because the referee already deducted a point with no reason to Lewis, and he could as well have disqualified him with another point deduction; Lewis was simply toying with Tyson, he didn't even seem worried.... after all, if a stiff like Smith could go 12 rounds against a "prime" (lol) Tyson....
You haven't a clue, google warrior......Smith refused to box Tyson and held on to him all night long..... He would of been knocked out if he decided to let go and box. He barely landed a glove on Mike.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #142
sean1982
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 380
vCash: 75
Default Re: Prime Mike Tyson vs prime Lennox Lewis ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberingC.S. View Post
Seems that the fact Lewis already beated Tyson in the amateurs doesn't count to the eyes of boxing specialists...
Hmmm, lewis and tyson never fought in the ams, they sparred a few rounds to wich no one truely knows what really happened but by all accounts they both had there moments. So lewis never "beated" him in the ams.
Also try watching the smith fight and lewis fight again. Smith held on for dear life and really should have got dq'd and lewis held and clinched ALOT. Not holding for dear life i woulnt say but certainly didnt want to risk anything until he knew tyson was exhausted and would fall down.
So to say lewis would beat him easy is retarded.

Theres no way to know who would win but what i do know is with tuson at his best the fight would have gone ALOT differently.
sean1982 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:59 AM   #143
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 7,220
vCash: 500
Default Re: Prime Mike Tyson vs prime Lennox Lewis ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberingC.S. View Post
Do you know why manny was shouting? Because the referee already deducted a point with no reason to Lewis, and he could as well have disqualified him with another point deduction; Lewis was simply toying with Tyson, he didn't even seem worried.... after all, if a stiff like Smith could go 12 rounds against a "prime" (lol) Tyson....
your full of shit.

Watch the HBO documentary, Lewis himself admitted what and why Manny was shouting.
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #144
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 7,220
vCash: 500
Default Re: Prime Mike Tyson vs prime Lennox Lewis ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberingC.S. View Post
Seems that the fact Lewis already beated Tyson in the amateurs doesn't count to the eyes of boxing specialists...
First of all they never fought in the amateurs

Secondly amateurs dont mean shit

Thirdly Razor Ruddock beat Lewis in the amateurs and Henry Tillman beat Tyson
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #145
xRedx
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,129
vCash: 1306
Default Re: Prime Mike Tyson vs prime Lennox Lewis ?

Tyson KO in round 1
xRedx is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013