Old 03-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #46
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816
Default Re: Canelo questions Mayweather reasoning for not signing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zopilote View Post
Very tough fight, but i think Luscious Lucas can force a stoppage down the stretch. Lucas might have to do some more boxing than usual in this match up, Lamont is a strong dude.
I'm taking Peterson to outbox him, personally. Peterson gets just as strong as Lucas late in fights. It'll be great though.
turbotime is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #47
TheJuggernaut
HITCHSLAP!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Flomos rejoicing because Fraud skipped away form a fight he previously agreed to.

Im shocked
TheJuggernaut is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #48
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 4000

Canelo is gonna lose in April, so this nonsense
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #49
Slickstar
Crisp This
ESB Addict

Alvarez will no longer have to worry about Floyd once Trout beats Alvarez
Slickstar is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #50
saul_ir34
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
LOL @ the Floyd nuthuggers on this thread

While I agree you should only look 1 fight at a time and that signing for 2 fights in advance instead of 1 is stupid you're all missing the point, as is usually the case with Flomos

The point is Floyd verbally agreed to fight Canelo and AGREED to sign a contract with those terms. Those terms WERE drawn up, only Floyd's signature was left. In the meantime Canelo committed to the undercard and with a great opponent, let's face it, for non-Flomos Canelo v Trout is the match-up of the year along with Donaire-Rigondeaux...

So the point is Floyd said he'd fight him, said he'd sign, got him committed to the undercard and then obviously in the hope of having Canelo on that card without the guarantee, once everything was sorted he decides not to sign

That's why Canelo is annoyed, the fact is Floyd wanted him on the card but doesn't want to fight him - so it's not Canelo dictating terms, these are terms Floyd already had agreed to, he basically wanted to con Canelo into making him more PPV cash

Look past the man-love Flomos - jeez

Agree on all points. PBF as usual hoping someone takes care of his business.
saul_ir34 is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #51
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Canelo a G mayweather thought canelo needed mayweathers card for exposure but canelo is beyond that and said **** that shit I could still be on it earn a few more dollars and look like a *****, he is to prideful he's like **** u mayweather ill do my own shit

mayweather immediately calls Schaefer from speed dial.

stack the card with Mexicans please sir
lmao
Doc is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #52
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Canelo a G mayweather thought canelo needed mayweathers card for exposure but canelo is beyond that and said **** that shit I could still be on it earn a few more dollars and look like a *****, he is to prideful he's like **** u mayweather ill do my own shit

lmao
Canelo has zero PPV pull. Trout would be a PPV fight if that was the case
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2013, 11:48 AM   #53
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

LOOK AT THIS SHIT CANELO IS DELUSIONAL

RTV: With you and Mayweather saying that you are fighting on Sept. 14 if you win on May 4, how do you expect Golden Boy to resolve that date?

SA: I just finished my meeting with [Golden Boy CEO] Richard Schaefer, and I told him that my next date to fight is on Sept. 14. If Mayweather wants to fight on that same date, that's fine, and if he doesn't fight, then that's fine also.

I have my own date, and I have the options, as I have mentioned before, of a number of fights that I want to fight, and a number of names that I want to fight. If he fights on the same date, that's fine. I don't care.

It doesn't matter to me, it's happened already. It happened with "Maravilla" Martinez and Chavez when I fought Lopez, so Mayweather can do whatever he wants to do. That's fine. I don't care what he does.
PrinceN is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #54
Abdullah
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
LOL @ the Floyd nuthuggers on this thread

While I agree you should only look 1 fight at a time and that signing for 2 fights in advance instead of 1 is stupid you're all missing the point, as is usually the case with Flomos

The point is Floyd verbally agreed to fight Canelo and AGREED to sign a contract with those terms. Those terms WERE drawn up, only Floyd's signature was left. In the meantime Canelo committed to the undercard and with a great opponent, let's face it, for non-Flomos Canelo v Trout is the match-up of the year along with Donaire-Rigondeaux...

So the point is Floyd said he'd fight him, said he'd sign, got him committed to the undercard and then obviously in the hope of having Canelo on that card without the guarantee, once everything was sorted he decides not to sign

That's why Canelo is annoyed, the fact is Floyd wanted him on the card but doesn't want to fight him - so it's not Canelo dictating terms, these are terms Floyd already had agreed to, he basically wanted to con Canelo into making him more PPV cash

Look past the man-love Flomos - jeez

Abdullah is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #55
ATrillionaire
Noah
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceN View Post
LOOK AT THIS SHIT CANELO IS DELUSIONAL

RTV: With you and Mayweather saying that you are fighting on Sept. 14 if you win on May 4, how do you expect Golden Boy to resolve that date?

SA: I just finished my meeting with [Golden Boy CEO] Richard Schaefer, and I told him that my next date to fight is on Sept. 14. If Mayweather wants to fight on that same date, that's fine, and if he doesn't fight, then that's fine also.

I have my own date, and I have the options, as I have mentioned before, of a number of fights that I want to fight, and a number of names that I want to fight. If he fights on the same date, that's fine. I don't care.

It doesn't matter to me, it's happened already. It happened with "Maravilla" Martinez and Chavez when I fought Lopez, so Mayweather can do whatever he wants to do. That's fine. I don't care what he does.
Yea...he also had a May 4 date. Dude is delusional.
ATrillionaire is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #56
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post

lmao
Mexicans take the best beatings
Bladegunner is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #57
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

vCash: 740

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladegunner View Post
Canelo a funny guy, he fighting trout probably the second most meaningful fight that can be made at jmw and he still ain't on ppv.

Also floyd not signing just shows that floyd is focused on Guerrero. All that other shit can wait till the fight is over. Floyd don't look pass opponents, hence why he is always focused in ring. Ortiz, del la Hoya, hatton and many more all looked ahead to bigger fights and got tripped up along the way.
No one but a few Hardcore boxing fans and a few Floyd fanatics would pay to see Mayweather vs Trout.

As would be the case with Canelo.

There's a reason why Mayweather either only fights a big name or Mexican, and he prefers to fight on Mexican holidays.
IsaL is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #58
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladegunner View Post
Mexicans take the best beatings
Mexicans save boxing.
IsaL is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #59
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Canelo has zero PPV pull. Trout would be a PPV fight if that was the case
It is likely that Alvarez will be a bigger name than Floyd by the end of the year or in 2014.

With Pac being KTFO and with Floyd not looking invincible against Cotto, Floyd's stock has gone down a bit imo.

There is no denying Young Alvarez will be the next super star if he continues to win.
IsaL is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #60
santiagoraga
Contender
ESB Senior Member

It kills me to take Floyd's side in any context, but he's right. Canelo needs to **** off. He has earned jack shit, and that's being generous. I hope Trout embarrasses him.
santiagoraga is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum