Old 03-07-2013, 07:11 AM   #11597
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
Bloody hell...rabbits at a glimpse look to have that feeling
Nothing flashy, just solid methodical football. Roosters were always going to get strangled tonight, and it'll only get worse next fixture if they're still around by then.

Shark Toyota cup team next week. Should be 2/2.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2013, 07:52 AM   #11598
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
is there much league played in Leeds?
Yeah mate its huge. Coming from the south I'd never seen people throwing a rugby ball around until I went to Leeds. Its probably the only large city where league compares with football.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Nothing flashy, just solid methodical football. Roosters were always going to get strangled tonight, and it'll only get worse next fixture if they're still around by then.

Shark Toyota cup team next week. Should be 2/2.
Still waiting for you to drop some knowledge on me.

If I wear a knights jersey in the away end with the tigers fans or the other way round will it end badly?
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2013, 08:34 AM   #11599
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster4Life View Post
He went ok, Nothing less then expected for first game back with all the hype. Good defense, some good carrys and a try. im just glad to get that game over with, the media was BEYOND crazy.

on a side note.. the refs were Shit!!

Souths were good, We were good in patches and i think we will click in time. But those refs really beat on us and we werent in the game on the back of 6 - 1 Penalty count

suck shit Luigi

were you a member of the chook pen? one of those pea hearts that left with 20 to go?? there were thousands of them
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #11600
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
suck shit Luigi

were you a member of the chook pen? one of those pea hearts that left with 20 to go?? there were thousands of them
No I wasn't there
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #11601
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

I'm tired already of the theatrical shit they are trying to shove down our
throats..what the **** was with that shit playing recordings of Money Bill's voice?

Weird.

Bunnies looked pretty good...good showing by the forwards.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #11602
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post
throats..what the **** was with that shit playing recordings of Money Bill's voice?

Weird.

I agree they did the same this for Lockyer in origin 3 . I'm just glad to get that game out of the way . It was always going to be a media whore
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #11603
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post

Weird.

George burgess is gunna have a great season. Our defends looked pretty good, and we seemed to have kicked off from where we left last season. Very happy with our halves as well. Sutton looks a completely different player to the player he was a few years back.

We have you guys next week I think.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #11604
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
George burgess is gunna have a great season. Our defends looked pretty good, and we seemed to have kicked off from where we left last season. Very happy with our halves as well. Sutton looks a completely different player to the player he was a few years back.

We have you guys next week I think.
You will have the skeletal remains of whats left of us next week.

Monday night aswell...yous guyses favorite night to kick the shit out of us.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #11605
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Roosters will still struggle to make the 8.
Mitchell pierce may be most overrated half in the comp today .
I nearly choked on my beer everytime the commentators talked up jake friend . Yeah he try's his best but misses a heap of crucial tackles along with giving away atleast 2 or so penalties away in crucial position every game . Is it just me or does jared warea Hargreaves have a head that a baseball bat would never tire whacking?

I'm a penny supporter & geez I enjoyed watching Jennings do his usually run around in circles like its under 7s & not ever look to pass it coz his dad promised him 1 dollar every try he scores ..
When time come to pass it he showed what all that have played with him know which is he actually can't pass properly & bombed it with a shocker to mini .

Ahhh roosters .. Eat a dick u silver spoon duds
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2013, 05:04 PM   #11606
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziebattler View Post
I nearly choked on my beer everytime the commentators talked up jake friend . Yeah he try's his best but misses a heap of crucial tackles along with giving away atleast 2 or so penalties away in crucial position every game . Is it just me or does jared warea Hargreaves have a head that a baseball bat would never tire whacking?

I'm a penny supporter & geez I enjoyed watching Jennings do his usually run around in circles like its under 7s & not ever look to pass it coz his dad promised him 1 dollar every try he scores ..
When time come to pass it he showed what all that have played with him know which is he actually can't pass properly & bombed it with a shocker to mini .

i actually thought Jennings looked really good.... he is fantastic at breaking the line
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #11607
pecks
East Side Guru

It was a classic case of a champion team against a team of champions. We just looked more cohesive and switched on, while the roosters looked a disjointed rabble. Sutton and Reynolds would be on about a quarter of what Pearce and Maloney are on, and they dominated.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #11608
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Yeah, I'm sick of how much they're trying to milk SBW's return to the game - who gives a **** really?

I thought he played well enough for his first game back but it's not as though he's been sitting around injured for 5 years, he's kept fit playing rugby and training for boxing so it's just match fitness that he'll have to build up over time.

That voice-over stuff they did when he was on the sideline waiting to come on made me cringe

Bunnies looked pretty good but it's early days yet...John Sutton actually looked interested in being there and hit the ball up a couple of times and hit hard in defence - McGuire must have hidden his stash over the offseason because he looked more focused than I've ever seen him.

Inglis was the beast we know he is, although $BW swerved him pretty easily when he scored his try.

George Burgess though - at first glance I thought he was just a cat funt but the boy can motor!!! What'll it be like when him and his twin are both on the field? YIKES!!!!
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #11609
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
Yeah, I'm sick of how much they're trying to milk SBW's return to the game - who gives a **** really?

I thought he played well enough for his first game back but it's not as though he's been sitting around injured for 5 years, he's kept fit playing rugby and training for boxing so it's just match fitness that he'll have to build up over time.

That voice-over stuff they did when he was on the sideline waiting to come on made me cringe

Bunnies looked pretty good but it's early days yet...John Sutton actually looked interested in being there and hit the ball up a couple of times and hit hard in defence - McGuire must have hidden his stash over the offseason because he looked more focused than I've ever seen him.

Inglis was the beast we know he is, although $BW swerved him pretty easily when he scored his try.

George Burgess though - at first glance I thought he was just a cat funt but the boy can motor!!! What'll it be like when him and his twin are both on the field? YIKES!!!!
I was very impressed with George. I reckon his twin will need a season in reggies to get ready before he is ready for the NRL.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2013, 05:54 PM   #11610
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziebattler View Post

you just realising that now??
rusty nails is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum