Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 03-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #31
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Lesnar Overeem, what was Lesnar thinking!

Cmon Stoo, Haggis is the double standard king, you shoudn't be suprised about this after all !
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2013, 09:37 PM   #32
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

BobDigi has taken over, the forum dont wait
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #33
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
It's about the context and connotations of your original statements regarding the redundant strawman you brought up
To sum up

Brock loses after surgery, and loses some of his best attributes in terms of strength, it's a reason

Shogun loses after knee surgery, loses some of his best attributes in terms of stamina, it's an excuse from his ''pathetic'' fans

Shogun certainly was affected by his knee surgery in the Forrest fight, and in that fight we didn't see Prime Shogun or even Best Possible Version of Shogun. So what? Shogun chose to step into the cage and fight. What happens in there counts.

In the rematch, Forrest certainly was affected by the fact that - as he was walking to the cage - his wife was thousands of miles away giving birth to his first child. So in that fight, we didn't see Prime Forrest or even Best Possible Version of Forrest. Oops, where are the self-appointed MMA experts falling over themselves to make excuses for Forrest and downplay Shogun's win?

Brock stepped into the cage after his sicknesses and surgeries and lost badly. So what? What happened counts. You don't pretend the fights never happened, but neither do you call Brock a bum and a fraud and pretend that his serious illnesses and surgeries meant nothing in terms of his career.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #34
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Shogun chose to step into the cage and fight. What happens in there counts.

Quote:
In the rematch, Forrest certainly was affected by the fact that - as he was walking to the cage - his wife was thousands of miles away giving birth to his first child.

Quote:
He doesn't need the pathetic excuse-mongering that his nuthuggers come up with every time he loses.

Goodnight everyone, Im done
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2013, 10:05 PM   #35
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:

Goodnight everyone, Im done
Uh, yeah. Like I was saying, the result counts.

Everyone has excuses for why there weren't at their best in a given loss. Since they chose to step into the cage, it means **** all.

Shogun wasn't at his best in the first Forrest fight. Sucks for him. He chose to step in the cage regardless. He lost. It counts towards his legacy.

Forrest wasn't at his best in the second Shogun fight. Sucks for him. He chose to step in the cage regardless. He lost. It counts towards his legacy. Fans can't just pick and choose which results they want to acknowledge.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:10 PM   #36
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Everyone said the surgery affected Brock, yet you whine about Shogun getting a pass

Sucks to be you

Stoo is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2013, 10:18 PM   #37
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Everyone said the surgery affected Brock, yet you whine about Shogun getting a pass

Sucks to be you

And it did affect him. It would be ridiculous to write off his losses like they never happened, but they did happen. His health problems were as bad or worse than any high-profile MMA guy's and certainly took a lot out of him, but so what?

I just don't like Brock haters pretending like he wasn't shit, was a total fraud and had no legit wins.

Also for the record, I can't be bothered going back through the thread, but I don't recall scurla acknowledging that Brock's health problems essentially ruined him as a fighter. All I hear from that guy is that Brock sucks, was a fraud, **** Dana, **** Zuffa, Brock was fake, can't fight, etc etc etc.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:25 PM   #38
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Comedy gold !

Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2013, 11:30 PM   #39
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
And it did affect him. It would be ridiculous to write off his losses like they never happened, but they did happen. His health problems were as bad or worse than any high-profile MMA guy's and certainly took a lot out of him, but so what?

I just don't like Brock haters pretending like he wasn't shit, was a total fraud and had no legit wins.

Also for the record, I can't be bothered going back through the thread, but I don't recall scurla acknowledging that Brock's health problems essentially ruined him as a fighter. All I hear from that guy is that Brock sucks, was a fraud, **** Dana, **** Zuffa, Brock was fake, can't fight, etc etc etc.

i dont know why you let it get to you haggis. its usually only the pride worship mob that think like this. anyone with an ounce of objectivity can recognise that brock was a huge x factor in the division for his brief time in the ufc
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2013, 11:49 PM   #40
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
i dont know why you let it get to you haggis. its usually only the pride worship mob that think like this. anyone with an ounce of objectivity can recognise that brock was a huge x factor in the division for his brief time in the ufc
What it pretty much boils down to is that I simply can't stand hipsters who cry and whine that their favourite band sucks now, ever since they started getting played on the radio and people took an interest in them.

And I cannot accept any lectures about UFC nuthuggery or Zuffa zombies when they come from anyone (especially a non-athlete) who actually paid someone to tattoo a PRIDE logo onto their body.

And it doesn't "get to me." It's not like I'm actually mad in real life, I just like to argue and part of being argumentative is to sometimes become exasperated.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:52 PM   #41
latineg
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMPY KNUCKLES View Post
Something I don't think was ever addressed by Lesnar, what the hell was his gameplan vs reem!? Like everyone else I thought he'd come out like a bull and go for the take down, instead he was on some jackie chan boxing shit and never seriously tried to take Alistair down. Of course he would of been wary of reems striking, but jesus that was a bad game plan.

Of course the surgery would have taken something out him, but if you're gonna step back in the cage do what you do best at least.
i do not think brock was unbeatable if trained right or anything like that, that said i think if he had been trained right he would of shredded reem, well more or less, lol, his fight plan was STUPID, love him or hate him Frank Mir mirrored what i feel so many seasoned fans were thinking witch was WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING ???? ,,, I could not believe it, i felt he was MENTALLY not OK possibly from the Cain fight ? Do i got that order right ? lol, i dont know, Brock looked like he was WAITING to be BEATEN, sure when they clashed a few times he still had his size , strength and speed but he looked like he had ZERO confidence and was in a semi FROOZEN state of SHELL SHOCK so mentally preoccupied with loosing that he was almost fighting himself inside, i know what i speak i got knocked out thinking like this once and watched myself on video after and damned if i didnt have that look brock had in his eyes , that total clued out look, that look you think makes you look tough when everyone but you feels bad just looking at you,,,,,Ok fine reems knees are ****ing wrecking balls, but that was after the fact for the most part,,,,anyways i am not bad mouthing Brock as a person, i am just saying that in my opinion he did not look mentally committed to that Reem fight, almost like he was a bit confused if he really wanted to risk taking big damage and hey i will not ever hate on a guy for that, it can be a very good thing
latineg is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2013, 01:42 AM   #42
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
BobDigi has taken over, the forum dont wait
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2013, 03:03 AM   #43
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by latineg View Post
i do not think brock was unbeatable if trained right or anything like that, that said i think if he had been trained right he would of shredded reem, well more or less, lol, his fight plan was STUPID, love him or hate him Frank Mir mirrored what i feel so many seasoned fans were thinking witch was WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING ???? ,,, I could not believe it, i felt he was MENTALLY not OK possibly from the Cain fight ? Do i got that order right ? lol, i dont know, Brock looked like he was WAITING to be BEATEN, sure when they clashed a few times he still had his size , strength and speed but he looked like he had ZERO confidence and was in a semi FROOZEN state of SHELL SHOCK so mentally preoccupied with loosing that he was almost fighting himself inside, i know what i speak i got knocked out thinking like this once and watched myself on video after and damned if i didnt have that look brock had in his eyes , that total clued out look, that look you think makes you look tough when everyone but you feels bad just looking at you,,,,,Ok fine reems knees are ****ing wrecking balls, but that was after the fact for the most part,,,,anyways i am not bad mouthing Brock as a person, i am just saying that in my opinion he did not look mentally committed to that Reem fight, almost like he was a bit confused if he really wanted to risk taking big damage and hey i will not ever hate on a guy for that, it can be a very good thing
That was hard to read but i get what you are saying

I still think Lesnar was scared shitless about a guy who was a kickboxer (meaning he could ****'n punch and kick like a mule) and just as big as him.
kel is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2013, 03:18 AM   #44
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel View Post
I still think Lesnar was scared shitless about a guy who was a kickboxer (meaning he could ****'n punch and kick like a mule) and just as big as him.
Pretty much. Maybe he would have had more confidence if he never got sick and never lost all that muscle and strength, but that's neither here nor there.

Although he looked hesitant in the beginning, IIRC Overeem hit him/kneed him in the guts, and ALL the starch INSTANTLY went out of Lesnar. Don't know if it hurt him way more than usual with all his intestine problems and all, but as I recall, watching the fight, as soon as that shot landed to the midsection you could instantly see that he was done. He had no confidence in himself at all.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:00 AM   #45
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
Oh come on his wrestling wasnt that bad he had more than decent wrestling.
If you cant recall a single takedown then maybe its time to refresh that memory.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Hmmm, well, yeah I suppose there is a couple of 'kind of' takedowns in there. But they were not really clean doubles or singles were they. More a case of an untidy exchange where he kind of ended up on top more due to his bulk than his skill. But, yes, I couldn't even remember them so maybe I was guilty of hyperbole.

I still don't think you could say Brock was good at wrestling based on any evidence whatsoever.
EL BULLY is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum