Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?
GSP 26 53.06%
Diaz 23 46.94%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2013, 08:25 AM   #46
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553
Default Re: GSP vs Diaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
You guys clearly know more about this than me so you'll hopefully school me on this. I thought, seeing as Diaz is very strong on his back and has the stronger striking, GSP would look to follow a similar game plan to Condit except he'd look to put more power in his leg kicks. Also I imagined he'd focus on going to the body. He'd fake for a take down, Diaz prepares himself, then GSP lets a few shots go to the body. Could this happen? I think its the only way he could force a stoppage and nullify Diaz's offence.
Nick Diaz has good striking with less tools, but I don't think it's any better than GSPs.

The two match well with each other. Another thing is that he won't be able to do what CC did. GSP doesn't have the footwork to get outta harm's way, and I believe trying to stay on their feet playing the 1-2 game will be his downfall. After his surgery it was clear that his style has changed and that he won't be able to move around the cage and his opponents. Even more weight is on that lead foot, his TD may be strong and quick, but his game is more obvious than ever. Nick Diaz doesn't have excellent TDD, but excellent ground game.

As for bodyshots I don't think he needs to be trading punches with Diaz... Just test him with the jab, take his ass down, and inflict as much damage as possible. It's just as important to be on the inside as Diaz will get off to a good start if you let him. He needs to exhaust his opponenet, get in his head and up against the cage and eventually on the mat. Sweep, toss, just get in his head. The Champ will have the advantage in the clinch. GSP is pretty smart, but he can't over think it in there or going into this fight because Diaz is going to set a fast pace. GSP also keeps his hands low and will get tagged even if he holds them up against this Boxer.

But, what do I know? Maybe you see something that we don't
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum