Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #1
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: the few, the proud, the Philippines
Posts: 4,439
vCash: 75
Default Given the choice, Buakaw or Aldo's leg kick?

Let's just say for discussions sake, you've been sentenced to take a succession of leg kicks as punishment for breaking the law.

And you have a choice between Buakaw or Aldo to do it on you.

Who would you pick?
SugarShane_24 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,875
vCash: 75
Default Re: Given the choice, Buakaw or Aldo's leg kick?

Prime for prime I'd rather let Aldo kick me.

Buakaw is past his best now though so, incredibly, I'll take the Thai as I think he'd be friendlier about it
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #3
Peter__1987
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Given the choice, Buakaw or Aldo's leg kick?

Both would be horrible but no ****ing way I'm taking a leg kick off Buakaw.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:22 PM   #4
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 3,520
vCash: 500
Default Re: Given the choice, Buakaw or Aldo's leg kick?

No kick is more painful than a kick from a Thai who knows what he's doin!

Very few westerners even come remotely close to having the shin conditioning of even an average Thai not to mention a Thais natural fluidity and technic that generates awesome power with minimal effort and grace.

One of the biggest adjustment I had to make from the west to Thailand was getting used to the difference in power a Thai generates, maintains and then increases over 5 rounds.

Remember Buakaw's mid level round kick is considered his strongest weapon, so a free kick to the inside of the thigh.......no thanks!

Buakaw may have seen better days by Thai standards Flea, but remember by western standards he's still a super elite 70kg fighter better than any foreigner out there! I agree though he'd be charming while he did it Waiing you from start to finish & smiling the whole time! Give me the Aldo guy, in fact give me the best HW low kicker in MMA over a Thai!
boranbkk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #5
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,875
vCash: 75
Default Re: Given the choice, Buakaw or Aldo's leg kick?

I'll take the Thai version anyway. And Wai him at the end myself
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #6
Peter__1987
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Given the choice, Buakaw or Aldo's leg kick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
No kick is more painful than a kick from a Thai who knows what he's doin!

Very few westerners even come remotely close to having the shin conditioning of even an average Thai not to mention a Thais natural fluidity and technic that generates awesome power with minimal effort and grace.

One of the biggest adjustment I had to make from the west to Thailand was getting used to the difference in power a Thai generates, maintains and then increases over 5 rounds.

Remember Buakaw's mid level round kick is considered his strongest weapon, so a free kick to the inside of the thigh.......no thanks!

Buakaw may have seen better days by Thai standards Flea, but remember by western standards he's still a super elite 70kg fighter better than any foreigner out there! I agree though he'd be charming while he did it Waiing you from start to finish & smiling the whole time! Give me the Aldo guy, in fact give me the best HW low kicker in MMA over a Thai!
Yeah, a kick from Buakaw would be dreadful.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #7
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 847
Default Re: Given the choice, Buakaw or Aldo's leg kick?

Aldo on the right leg, Buakaw on the left. I would eat both kicks, at the same time, and laugh while dropping for rapid fire heel hooks.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #8
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 3,520
vCash: 500
Default Re: Given the choice, Buakaw or Aldo's leg kick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Aldo on the right leg, Buakaw on the left. I would eat both kicks, at the same time, and laugh while dropping for rapid fire heel hooks.
That's the spirt!
boranbkk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #9
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,875
vCash: 75
Default Re: Given the choice, Buakaw or Aldo's leg kick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Aldo on the right leg, Buakaw on the left. I would eat both kicks, at the same time, and laugh while dropping for rapid fire heel hooks.
This is your thang now, ain't it?

Boran I see you're feeling Burma at the moment, nice avatar
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #10
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: sweden
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 117
Default Re: Given the choice, Buakaw or Aldo's leg kick?

I would say just bring a baseball bat and break my leg to spare me the pain
greathamza is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #11
Peter__1987
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Given the choice, Buakaw or Aldo's leg kick?

The video of Buakaw kicking the tree is just ****ing mental, his shins must be like blocks of concrete slamming into your leg.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #12
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 3,520
vCash: 500
Default Re: Given the choice, Buakaw or Aldo's leg kick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
This is your thang now, ain't it?

Boran I see you're feeling Burma at the moment, nice avatar
Had a couple of encounters that made me take the whole NLD thing way more seriously.

Stuff seriously needs to change in that place!
boranbkk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:32 PM   #13
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,875
vCash: 75
Default Re: Given the choice, Buakaw or Aldo's leg kick?

Fair play. You'll have to let me know in email, just sent you one funnily enough
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #14
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: the few, the proud, the Philippines
Posts: 4,439
vCash: 75
Default Re: Given the choice, Buakaw or Aldo's leg kick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
This is your thang now, ain't it?

Boran I see you're feeling Burma at the moment, nice avatar
Aung San Suu Kyi for he win.

SugarShane_24 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013