Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2013, 03:36 AM   #1
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,073
vCash: 500
Default Funny stuff

Curtis Woodhouse confronts Troll.DIRECTORY
Curtis Woodhouse Hunts Down Trolling Twitter User
The Huffington Post UK

Comments (0)
Sportsmen would often like to get hold of trolling keyboard warriors, and former Sheffield United and Birmingham defender Curtis Woodhouse has claimed to have tracked down a Twitter user who had been abusing him.
A tweeter began his stream of abuse on 21 January, mocking Woodhouse - who ended his football career to become a boxer, aged 26 - about his lack of success in the ring.

Woodhouse turned away from football at 26 to become a boxer
Irked by the constant trolling, Woodhouse - through his own resources - appears to have identified the user and promised to pay him a visit.
The user attempted to diffuse his antics as Woodhouse boasted of the revelation on the social networking site.
Woodhouse said the supposed troller "never came out to play so im going back home! maybe a bit daft what i did today but sometimes enough is enough."
Woodhouse was complimented on his skills by Joey Barton, who ironically chirped he is "not an advocate of violence".

Woodhouse, playing for Birmingham, against David Beckham in 2002
A former England Under-21 international, 32-year-old Woodhouse was signed by Birmingham for 1m in 2001 and played for the club in their debut Premier League campaign 10 years ago.
He quit football in 2006, stating he had "fallen out of love" with the game, and turned to boxing.
On Friday night, he lost his English light-welterweight to Shane Singleton in controversial circumstances in Manchester.
Crusher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2013, 03:58 AM   #2
raff
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,286
vCash: 1090
Default Re: Funny stuff

Maybe it's 20a
raff is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:00 AM   #3
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,959
vCash: 75
Default Re: Funny stuff

At which bit was i suppose to laugh The bit about Joey Barton not an advocate of violence maybe
kel is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:20 AM   #4
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,073
vCash: 500
Default Re: Funny stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel View Post
At which bit was i suppose to laugh The bit about Joey Barton not an advocate of violence maybe
curtis woodhouse @woodhousecurtis

right Jimbob im here !!!!! someone tell me what number he lives at, or do I have to knock on every door #itsshowtime pic.twitter.com/H1qnYnbE6P
3:54 PM - 11

curtis woodhouse @woodhousecurtis

@jimmyob88 i think the daft lad thought i was joking!! where are you keyboard warrior???????????? #boxing #football
4:00 PM - 11 Mar 13


the master @jimmyob88

@woodhousecurtis i am sorry its getting abit out of hand i am in the wrong i accept that
4:17 PM - 11 Mar 13
512 RETWEETS 138 FAVORITES ReplyRetweetFavorite

curtis woodhouse @woodhousecurtis

just had a call from somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody and @jimmyob88 has asked what he can do to make me go away! #boxing
4:25 PM - 11 Mar 13


curtis woodhouse @woodhousecurtis

@jimmyob88 never came out to play so im going back home! maybe a bit daft what i did today but sometimes enough is enough #boxing #football
5:09 PM - 11 Mar 13


curtis woodhouse @woodhousecurtis

just found out you can block people!! could of let me know earlier i could have saved 20 quid in petrol! #jimmybrownpants #boxing #football
6:25 PM - 11 Mar 13
Get it now Kell??
Crusher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:39 AM   #5
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,163
vCash: 346
Default Re: Funny stuff

i thought it was pretty funny but oddly enough this sht has been going on for yrs, its not the first time someones found a troll and actually went to their house. It only finds its way to the media if the person is famouse or sometimes if the police are called and things get out of hand.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #6
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,195
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Funny stuff

Lucky for Curtis he didn't catch up with this fella really as a pro boxer hunting down and beating the brakes off a troll would probably have resulted in a prison sentence for the lad ,but seriously what's not to like about this kid ? He got pissed off with the nancy boy direction football was taking and took up one of the toughest sports in the world , got robbed on the weekend apparently Crush and it was even close according to the general consensus of opinion on the Brit forum yesterday .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:30 AM   #7
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,195
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Funny stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
i thought it was pretty funny but oddly enough this sht has been going on for yrs, its not the first time someones found a troll and actually went to their house. It only finds its way to the media if the person is famouse or sometimes if the police are called and things get out of hand.
Surprised a cunt like you ain't had a few wraps on his door knocker .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:28 AM   #8
swilson120
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,005
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Funny stuff

Danny ??
swilson120 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:10 AM   #9
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: perth
Posts: 1,851
vCash: 500
Default Re: Funny stuff

Don't see how someone can fail to see the humour in this? it is funny because the explosion of trolling on social media has become ridiculous and it's great to see some of these keyboard warriors get put in their place, i talk to people online in the same manner as i would face to face and i see no reason why others should fail to do the same.
dawsosj is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:27 AM   #10
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,163
vCash: 346
Default Re: Funny stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Surprised a cunt like you ain't had a few wraps on his door knocker .
None have had the balls, just all bark and no bite.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #11
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 5,966
vCash: 75
Default Re: Funny stuff

The trolls comments were soft as hell and the boxer should grow a thicker skin. His title probably is title and he probably is a shit fighter. He shouldn't be disrespected but to track down someone for comments that were pretty tame in comparison to most it's a huge overreaction. If someone said they ****ed my mum on here, tracking them down and bashing them would land me in jail. But seeing as trolling has basically become a crime this is seemingly ok to do now. The boxer should be very careful because he was basically trespassing with intent to cause GBH and the evidence is all there
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #12
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,528
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Funny stuff

The truth hurts.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #13
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,073
vCash: 500
Default Re: Funny stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Lucky for Curtis he didn't catch up with this fella really as a pro boxer hunting down and beating the brakes off a troll would probably have resulted in a prison sentence for the lad ,but seriously what's not to like about this kid ? He got pissed off with the nancy boy direction football was taking and took up one of the toughest sports in the world , got robbed on the weekend apparently Crush and it was even close according to the general consensus of opinion on the Brit forum yesterday .
Yeah I heard his fight was a robbery how you been anyway Josey?
Crusher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #14
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,073
vCash: 500
Default Re: Funny stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
Don't see how someone can fail to see the humour in this? it is funny because the explosion of trolling on social media has become ridiculous and it's great to see some of these keyboard warriors get put in their place, i talk to people online in the same manner as i would face to face and i see no reason why others should fail to do the same.
Mate I agree with your whole post
Crusher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #15
Crusher
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,073
vCash: 500
Default Re: Funny stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
The trolls comments were soft as hell and the boxer should grow a thicker skin. His title probably is title and he probably is a shit fighter. He shouldn't be disrespected but to track down someone for comments that were pretty tame in comparison to most it's a huge overreaction. If someone said they ****ed my mum on here, tracking them down and bashing them would land me in jail. But seeing as trolling has basically become a crime this is seemingly ok to do now. The boxer should be very careful because he was basically trespassing with intent to cause GBH and the evidence is all there
Are you some politically correct tosser?
Crusher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013