Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 03-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #1351
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

This is a mis-match. Rocky was floored by the biggest punchers he faced ( Walcott and Moore ) who do not hit as hard as Wlad can. He was also out boxed by the likes of LaStarza, and had to get dirty to turn the tides in their rematch.

So, we know Wlad can floor him, and out box him. No questions there. But here's the catch. Rocky is much shorter, and has T-tex arms. He's going to need to get past Wlad's jab ( few can ), watch out for the laser right hand, and get in real close to land anything before Wlad and his 50+ pound advantage mauls him in a clinch.

Easy fight to pick. Wlad is going to win 8 time out of 10. Rocky has a puncher's chance.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #1352
lefe
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by obviousalt View Post
I think Moore was talking about Marciano his willpower and not his physical size/strength
I think Moore was talking about physical power and stamina.He said many times he never felt fighter with that kind of physical strength like Marciano.
lefe is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2013, 03:24 PM   #1353
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post

Easy fight to pick. Wlad is going to win 8 time out of 10. Rocky has a puncher's chance.
97 out of a 100 is still being generous.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #1354
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummy Davis View Post
Very fair, and probably one of the few on this entire issue. Although I am big on Marciano as a defense on ESB your points are the most logical and even-keeled. You have the real heavyweight experience and in the ring reality and I have found you have no agenda. I have found your posts insightful and fair
My perspective is this: These guys don't need my help. They are great fighters and just about everyone agrees.

When you reach a high level like we have, styles and physical ability making fights is a truism. This mystical "Heart triumphing over all else" thing is pretty much bull if the physical capabilities are THAT distant from each other. The stronger, faster, better, bigger fighter wins nine of ten times. It's just how it goes.

Make no mistake: Rocky is a boxing hero. His achievements are the stuff of legend. But Wladimir Klitschko is bigger, stronger, faster, and better, and he wins, nine of ten times. It's just how I see it. Rocky is done in by his cruder offense and his dependence on advantages he wouldn't possess here.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #1355
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post
My perspective is this: These guys don't need my help. They are great fighters and just about everyone agrees.

When you reach a high level like we have, styles and physical ability making fights is a truism. This mystical "Heart triumphing over all else" thing is pretty much bull if the physical capabilities are THAT distant from each other. The stronger, faster, better, bigger fighter wins nine of ten times. It's just how it goes.

Make no mistake: Rocky is a boxing hero. His achievements are the stuff of legend. But Wladimir Klitschko is bigger, stronger, faster, and better, and he wins, nine of ten times. It's just how I see it. Rocky is done in by his cruder offense and his dependence on advantages he wouldn't possess here.
Care to imagine how you, anonymous, modernsized heavyweight, would fare against a fighter such as Marciano?
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2013, 04:10 PM   #1356
lefe
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post

I don't agree Wladimir is faster.He is fast for big heavyweight but not for small heavyweight and his stamina is not even close to Marciano.He is bigger,taller than Marciano but I don't know if he is stronger than Marciano in terms of boxing.For me stronger boxer means to have better punching resistance and punching harder and Marciano certainly had better punching resistance and in close distance he punch harder than Klitschko.Sure he would wrestle Marciano but all other boxers vs Marciano were doing same thing(holding,wrestling) and all of them lost to him.Like Angelo Dundee said in his interview small heavyweight are gone but they will comeback.
lefe is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2013, 04:31 PM   #1357
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 191

Your perspective is too far up Wlads ass to matter, and its not just on this subject , its the same in every other discussion revolving him.
Wlad this Wlad that, what did he do better other than being bigger? Nothing.
He wins fights by being big and awkward and having a big punch at a distance. Without his power he has very little boxing skill to fall back on.
Chambers who is a non puncher and average chin went 12 rounds.
The moment in the 12th against Haye where it nearly all went wrong for him wound be what he'd get from Rock every minute of every round from the opening bell. He landed an average of 12 punches a round in that fight and that is not enough to handle Rocky.
If Peters hadn't cement boots and had the workrate , power and urgency of Rocky, Wlad would NOT of won that fight.
Even Manny himself wanted him nowhere near pressure fighters after Brewster. Theres no argument against that fact.
Marciano can be beat but only by fast combination punching and uppercuts which Wlad does not have in his arsenal.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #1358
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
97 out of a 100 is still being generous.
I would not go that far. Rocky has a puncher's chance, and we know he's not going to quit.

I just wish the fight was made today. We'd clean up if the gambling odds were close to even!
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2013, 04:39 PM   #1359
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
When did Ali say that Wladimir Klitschko would lose to Rocky Marciano?

I'm saying don't count. Chambers never fought Rocky and isn't even in Rockys class. What he says has as much weight as what you and I say.

PM Chef to get Wlads answer
SP_Mauler is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #1360
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
So a top level professional boxer and possibly the best cruiserweight in the world who has fought Wladimir Klitschko, Tomasz Adamek, Alexander Dimitrenko, Samuel Peter, Alexander Povetkin, Calvin Brock, etc. Doesn't have more weight in this conversation than you or I?

Get the **** outta here.
Why would he? He never fought Marciano. He can only comment on one mans strength,which we can all see anyway.

If we were comparing Adamek vs Klitschko then definitely I would agree.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:05 PM   #1361
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
I mean, doesn't the fact that two top professional heavyweights, both of whom have shared the ring with one of the fighters in this match-up heavily favor Wladimir make you realize something? That you're actually ****ing wrong? I can even post a screenshot of Eddie's PM if you don't believe me.
They haven't shared the rose-tinted glasses or the adolescent, man-worshipping adulation of Italy's stumpiest son, tho.

Were they to understand this dimension of the argument, their opinions might be different.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2013, 05:07 PM   #1362
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP_Mauler View Post
Why would he? He never fought Marciano. He can only comment on one mans strength,which we can all see anyway.

If we were comparing Adamek vs Klitschko then definitely I would agree.
He's been in the ring with a dozen or more elite level heavyweights, has been boxing at the top level for a couple decades and has forgotten more about boxing than you will ever know. That doesn't count? Really?
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #1363
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

I still have not seen Vlad in there against a great fighter with a great punch. I think he is one of the best of the big men but not without flaws. He has a very tight defense and fights very carefully and I think we all know his past losses have a lot to do with the way he fights. Taking Marciano in a time machine from 1952-1955 may be a tough task because mainly of the size and modern muscle add technique but Marciano was still a great fighter and Vlad has certainly NOT fought anyone near great. Lets put it this way lets leave Marciano out of this conversation for a minute and lets install Joe Louis, who has less of a size difference and a proven record against big men....would many of the people on this board be willing to bet their house on Vlad vs Louis or would they be confident to bet anything substantial ...we can all speak boldly but we also know these fights can not happen...but If they were possible I would be putting a large sum on Louis
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2013, 12:35 AM   #1364
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
He's been in the ring with a dozen or more elite level heavyweights, has been boxing at the top level for a couple decades and has forgotten more about boxing than you will ever know. That doesn't count? Really?
Forgotten more about boxing then I will ever know? Bring him here lets see.

Get ur tongue out of his ass. Wlad beat him so Wlad beats Rocky? Is he saying he's better then Rocky?, Maybe it's because the point everyone else is making big and strong.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:04 AM   #1365
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Marciano vs Vitali fight simulation

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum