Old 03-28-2008, 12:43 PM   #16
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hey, Mates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
Pavlik can punch but his not a concussive 1 punch power puncher like Cintron. His KO of Matthyse was brutal. That was a Julian Jackson type KO.
Your right. Pavlik is not a 1 punch KO artist. He does know how & when to land to do damage, & when he see's he's got his man hurt, it doesn't last much longer after that.
JETSKI is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2008, 12:54 PM   #17
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

this could also be alot like Haye vs Macca. As in Lockett will be very nervous, not really get going, and Pavlik will land a half decent shot early and it will be over.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2008, 01:02 PM   #18
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Lockett will be cacking his pants. This is the big show now. Not some small hall show in Wales. I feel sorry for him.His a decent kid but his got his work cut out.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2008, 01:02 PM   #19
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922

Quote:
Someone post his fight vs Yuri Tsarenko..
Which one? The one where he lost and got his faced busted up, or the one where he won and still got his face busted up? Gary was a hot prospect until he met Tsarenko, and sort of disappeared off the radar after those fights. As much as I like Gary Lockett I don't think he'll last 2 rounds against Pavlik.

Last edited by Artani; 04-22-2007 at 07:35 AM.
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2008, 01:04 PM   #20
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

You cannot blame him for taking this opportunity though. If anyone should be critasiced its Pavlick.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:11 PM   #21
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypole
Which one? The one where he lost and got his faced busted up, or the one where he won and still got his face busted up? Gary was a hot prospect until he met Tsarenko, and sort of disappeared off the radar after those fights. As much as I like Gary Lockett I don't think he'll last 2 rounds against Pavlik.
I have to tell you which one? The first one dude!!!! To hell with that second bout that was a farce. The first one Gary got owned. His face looked like a prime rib roast and the scoring was still close!

As for hot prospect.. he was a prospect alright but hardly hot. It was the SKY team who talked him up so much. But facing guys like Kevin Kelly and Chris Nemhard isnt going to take you anywhere fast. Chris used to fight out of the Pea****s and used to live upstairs above the gym. He was a decent little fighter.But Gary was facing nobodies for too long.His ledger is just littered with flotsam. I like the kid he has the right attitude but the way his been brought on is tragic. Id be surprised if this fight was a Pavlik blow out.But one thing is for sure Gary WILL punch back. Gary does have concussive power and may be even more so than Pavlik..
Old 03-28-2008, 01:12 PM   #22
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135
You cannot blame him for taking this opportunity though. If anyone should be critasiced its Pavlick.
Pavlik is doing the right thing. If he wants to keep his belts face his mandatories.He cant be faulted for that.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:16 PM   #23
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Lockett will be cacking his pants. This is the big show now. Not some small hall show in Wales. I feel sorry for him.His a decent kid but his got his work cut out.
Lockett seems like a real gentlemen. No way do I wanna see KP lose, but I hope Lockett doesn't get too banged up.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
JETSKI is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2008, 01:26 PM   #24
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Pavlik is doing the right thing. If he wants to keep his belts face his mandatories.He cant be faulted for that.
Lockett and ****** were never gonna put pressure on the fight getting made, and would have waited way over a year before pushing for a show, look how long they waited for Guzman to move up before being foreced to put arthur with him.

Lornezo was a better challanger but wanted more money, simple as.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:28 PM   #25
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135
Lockett and ****** were never gonna put pressure on the fight getting made, and would have waited way over a year before pushing for a show, look how long they waited for Guzman to move up before being foreced to put arthur with him.

Lornezo was a better challanger but wanted more money, simple as.
Thats what ****** does. He gets the best and easiest fights for his fighters. He`ll do the same for Khan with his WBO tilt.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:49 PM   #26
AJ7

Quote:
I was reading an article on Lockett (either BBC News or the Western Mail - I think) and it said that Lockett seemed to be quite surprised to be facing Pavlik. He knows he is the underdog and not expected to win but thinks he had a genuine chance.

I hope it is not a repeat of Haye v. Macca. Macca's performance was a disgrace.
AJ7 is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2008, 02:01 PM   #27
Diablo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

That pic shows again that Pavlik is a huge middleweight and he should win inside 4 rounds.
Diablo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum