Old 03-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #1366
Boggle
∆≈Ω≈∆

vCash: 75
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
You ****er, you!
It is! Listen, I'm just trying to impart some of the knowledge I've accrued. Trust me. The Soft Parade is ****. One day you'll understand, but for now, enjoy **** songs like "Tell All The People" and "Runnin' Blue."
Boggle is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #1367
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Chambers is quality. He has fought a lot of top names and few guys in the rankings can say the same.

Word on the street is chisora is fighting price if he gets through his come back fight. Now that will not only deliver in full but pave the way for a fury rematch I reckon (if chisora does it). Winner to fave helenius or pulev and then a title shot is well earnt.

some great fights to be made.

Sure the division doesn't have a superstar personality with charisma in it (closest we've seen lately is Briggs and Toney) but it certainly has skilled operators with pedigree amatuer backgrounds and decent style clashes. All we're missing is a willingness to take each other on but with the alphabet soup out there, no fighter can be blamed for going the mandatory route.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #1368
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

Wlad doesn't have an ounce of the conditioning Rocky had. Thats just simply not true.
Wlad is still harbouring the stamina problems he showed against Peters , just because they were not visible against Mormek , Thompson etc who all stayed on the outside and fought at his pace does not mean they are not there. He was clearly huffing and puffing against Wach who was nothing more than a punchbag with arms.
He hadn't the energy to string a combination of punches together or sustain an attack to force the ref to end the fight.
When he fights Povektin i fully expect him to have problems and show his weaknesses.
Bigger muscles consume more oxygen than normal and its just not physically possible for Wlad to match Rocky on stamina.
Rex Layne head locked , held and hugged him to death and he just came back stronger every round with an increased workrate.
He could carry his brute powerful piston like attack from 1-15 rounds without tiring.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #1369
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

I think Rocky does have a clear advantage in real life stamina in that wlad couldn't maintain that work rate over 15 rounds. That being said Rocky had much less bulk to carry.

The issue isn't stamina, I don't think it goes that far. No cruiserweight with short arms is gonna get beyond that jab and survive the right hand that follows.

Take wlad from the Chagaev fight were the jab was basically a power shot and no way does Rocky take him into deep waters. If he could somehow take wlads power then yeah a late stoppage is on the cards, but I just cannot see that being the case.

even the sturdiest of chins (James Toney maybe?) of the sub 6 footers could not handle that power on a consistent basis.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #1370
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
I think Rocky does have a clear advantage in real life stamina in that wlad couldn't maintain that work rate over 15 rounds. That being said Rocky had much less bulk to carry.

The issue isn't stamina, I don't think it goes that far. No cruiserweight with short arms is gonna get beyond that jab and survive the right hand that follows.

Take wlad from the Chagaev fight were the jab was basically a power shot and no way does Rocky take him into deep waters. If he could somehow take wlads power then yeah a late stoppage is on the cards, but I just cannot see that being the case.

even the sturdiest of chins (James Toney maybe?) of the sub 6 footers could not handle that power on a consistent basis.
I agree, and I point to the Peter fight as a clue.

Tough as nails, durable as all get out James toney was rocked some 8 times in 24 rounds, needing the ropes to hold him, and noticeably staggering on several occassions.

Wlad is a better boxer, and he isn't the clubber Peter is.

Eventually, size and punch impact/sharpness get to a level that toughness and will to win just can't overcome. I can't picture Rock absorbed several of those right hand bombs and smiling, walking through them. It's the same reason I can't picture him beating Lewis, Tyson or Foreman. I have him as MUCH more competitive against great heavyweights like Ali and Holmes, simply because he can probably absorb enough of what they are dishing to drag them where he likes to fight from time to time.

Against the huge men and huge punchers, I just can't see his style of fighting being a good idea. Even Duran got straight blasted by Hearns, and few have a better reputation for being hard to stop pound for pound.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2013, 06:57 PM   #1371
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP

Wlad doesn't have one punch knockout power. Most of the time it comes from accumulated punching.
Once Rock lands a body shot his strenght will be decreased.
He WILL be in a brawl and the tougher man with a better chin and harder punch in bunches will win.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:01 PM   #1372
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP

Lets get this straight , Marciano isn't beating Tyson, Lewis of Forman. Wlad is NOT in their league.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #1373
lefe
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Rocky Marciano was down two times in his 49 wins,but both time when he went down he comeback stronger.Wladimir never met that type of fighter with that fighting spirit.Marciano never give up and name one fighter who fight Klitschko and would never give up,never stop trying.I know you would say Wladimir is too good so boxers just surrender but they just don't have that magic fighting spirit to beat him.Marciano had one punch KO power.Do you see today cruserweights with that kind of power-you saying Marciano is cruserweight.Do you seee today cruserweight to break complete front teeth with one puch,or Walcot knockout,do you see today heavyweights to do that.Wladimir is strong man but did he ever broke opponents forearms.I don't know who would win,nobody know that but it is not right to say Marciano don't have chance,he never lost fight and It means something.
lefe is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #1374
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggle View Post
It is! Listen, I'm just trying to impart some of the knowledge I've accrued. Trust me. The Soft Parade is ****. One day you'll understand, but for now, enjoy **** songs like "Tell All The People" and "Runnin' Blue."
The Doors are just plain ****ing horrible... a third rate version of Love.
Seamus is online now  Top
Old 03-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #1375
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
Wlad doesn't have one punch knockout power. Most of the time it comes from accumulated punching.
He WILL be in a brawl and the tougher man with a better chin and harder punch in bunches will win.
Yet numerous top level CHAMPION trainers and CHAMPION fighters, who have actually tasted his shots, have claimed he is the hardest or amongst the very hardest hitters they have ever seen.

Oh, yes, I forgot, you have much more cred on the issue.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #1376
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP

Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
vCash: 1139

Quote:
yes he does, that's ludicrous. just cause he gets late round knockouts and is conservative in his attack doesn't mean he lacks power. come on, you know better than that.

if you are going forward with the reasoning that rocky has the same or greater one punch power than wlad, than it is (imo) a critical flaw and assumption in your argument that will taint all your conclusions
Jorodz is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2013, 08:05 PM   #1377
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

It's Rocky whose one punch record is overstated. Marciano landed a bunch of flush, monstrous rights on Walcott during their first fight. It wasn't until Walcott bounced off the ropes and walked into one of those rights that his lights were turned off. And let's be honest, it wasn't like Walcott was any stranger with the canvas... or that he wasn't in the last two fights of a very long, grueling career.

Charles one punch? No. ****ell? No. Louis? No. Moore? No. LaStarza? No. Layne? No. I think you have to dig back to the likes of hype job Harry Matthews, which was still a two left hook finish but I will give him credit.

One good thing about this thread is it has gotten me to rewatch Marciano fights. And I love the guy. Tough as nails, adopted his style to his physical limitations and talents. An epic fighting force.

But he's not equipped... he's just not good enough either... to win this one.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:06 PM   #1378
Boggle
∆≈Ω≈∆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
The Doors are just plain ****ing horrible... a third rate version of Love.
Hey, I'm trying to steer this young lad on the right path, not **** on his hopes and dreams. That said, Forever Changes ****s on any album by The Doors. Literally and figuratively. When the smoke clears, orriray, you'll wonder... "'successful hills are here to stay?' ...what the **** was I thinking?"
Boggle is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2013, 08:08 PM   #1379
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP

What about all the guys who reported on Rockys power, including Louis , Walcot and Ali. You taking the words of Eddie Chambers over them?

Being conservative in his attack will prove detrimental against Rocky and not a liberty he can afford to take.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #1380
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP

Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
vCash: 1139

Quote:
What about all the guys who reported on Rockys power, including Louis , Walcot and Ali. You taking the words of Eddie Chambers over them?

Being conservative in his attack will prove detrimental against Rocky and not a liberty he can afford to take.
yeah, he had power. a LOT of power. not as much as wlad. but your statement that wlad doesn't have one punch power is just false.

he is conservative in his attack and it avoids the war you contend will take place. so if wlad is conservation, he gets knocked out? if wlad goes all out, he gets knocked out?

well i guess wlad is ****ed unless he jabs rocky's face in for 8 rounds, wears him down with holds, and lands a dynamite straight right to end it. which is more likely.
Jorodz is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum