Old 03-16-2013, 05:46 PM   #1471
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnaNasakki View Post
The Brewster fight was wild. I've NEVER seen a top shelf heavyweight gas in 60 seconds. One minute, he's beating Brewster up, next minute, he can't breathe, he's eating big shots, and he looks like a zombie.

Wild fight.
That's when the poison kick in.
Seamus is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #1472
MagnaNasakki
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
That's when the poison kick in.
I don't believe the poison bullshit. The blood sugar? Quite possible. Again, I've never seen a guy shut down like that when he's that on top. Lamon didn't land anything.

I'll tell you what, though, he sure as hell finished the matter when he smelled blood. Some of those hooks were wicked. I think Lamon was 10 seconds away from laying him out in a violent, KO of the year type knockout. He was letting em go from the hips.
MagnaNasakki is offline  Top
Old 03-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #1473
obviousalt
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 8060

I wonder how Wlad on PCP would be....

obviousalt is offline  Top
Old 03-16-2013, 07:15 PM   #1474
Boilermaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 685

Quote:
I don't believe the poison bullshit. The blood sugar? Quite possible. Again, I've never seen a guy shut down like that when he's that on top. Lamon didn't land anything.

I'll tell you what, though, he sure as hell finished the matter when he smelled blood. Some of those hooks were wicked. I think Lamon was 10 seconds away from laying him out in a violent, KO of the year type knockout. He was letting em go from the hips.
I cant agree with you that he didnt take a punch against Brewster.

Wlad couldnt stand up once Brewster hurt him. He did the same in the purity fight and the Sanders fight. His legs turned to jelly(though to be fair his heart tried to keep him going).

You may know better than me, but of all the all time greats, i think that Wlads chin is easily the most worrying. I dont think it is panic or exhaustion that everyone tries to suggest. Wlad is the best conditioned athlete (or at least close to it) of current times. He isnt going to gas like he allegedly does. There is a little bit to the panic thing for the modern Wlad, but i cant see panicking explaining Purity, Sanders or even Brewster. He was confident in all these fights and there his chin was never questioned the way it is today, i wouldnt have thought. I think it is definitely and without a doubt his achilles heel.

All of Wlads fights are filmed, but i cannot see a single fight where he has taken many clean shots at all. Lewis had a questionable chin because of his KO losses, but he ate plenty of huge shots. Same Goes with Jack Johnson and any other fighter. EVen Vitali. But i really can t think of Wlad taking any big shots and continuing on. AS soon as he is nailed cleanly, his legs seem to go to rubber and at least now he tries to clinch. But his rubber legs seem to last for an eternity, as with Brewster and it even seemed to nearly happen i think it was in his last fight with Wach.

Having sparred (presumably lots of rounds), you would think that you and others would have landed some heavy artillery on Wlad at some stage. Is his chin as shaky as it seems from every clean shot he is hit with, or would you say that he shakes off plenty of haymakers in sparring? It is an interesting topic, in some ways (andfor obvious reasons i wouldnt like him to do it) i think he could benefit from some Muhammed Ali style rope a dope training. To improve his chin. With a good chin, he might be the greatest fighter ever, although i suppose we would still have the lack of an inside game to pick on.

Anyway, i guess the long winded question, is what is your perception of Wlads chin and ability to take a punch since i presume you have seen him tested more than anyone else on here has.
Boilermaker is offline  Top
Old 03-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #1475
obviousalt
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker View Post
I cant agree with you that he didnt take a punch against Brewster.

Wlad couldnt stand up once Brewster hurt him. He did the same in the purity fight and the Sanders fight. His legs turned to jelly(though to be fair his heart tried to keep him going).

You may know better than me, but of all the all time greats, i think that Wlads chin is easily the most worrying. I dont think it is panic or exhaustion that everyone tries to suggest. Wlad is the best conditioned athlete (or at least close to it) of current times. He isnt going to gas like he allegedly does. There is a little bit to the panic thing for the modern Wlad, but i cant see panicking explaining Purity, Sanders or even Brewster. He was confident in all these fights and there his chin was never questioned the way it is today, i wouldnt have thought. I think it is definitely and without a doubt his achilles heel.

All of Wlads fights are filmed, but i cannot see a single fight where he has taken many clean shots at all. Lewis had a questionable chin because of his KO losses, but he ate plenty of huge shots. Same Goes with Jack Johnson and any other fighter. EVen Vitali. But i really can t think of Wlad taking any big shots and continuing on. AS soon as he is nailed cleanly, his legs seem to go to rubber and at least now he tries to clinch. But his rubber legs seem to last for an eternity, as with Brewster and it even seemed to nearly happen i think it was in his last fight with Wach.

Having sparred (presumably lots of rounds), you would think that you and others would have landed some heavy artillery on Wlad at some stage. Is his chin as shaky as it seems from every clean shot he is hit with, or would you say that he shakes off plenty of haymakers in sparring? It is an interesting topic, in some ways (andfor obvious reasons i wouldnt like him to do it) i think he could benefit from some Muhammed Ali style rope a dope training. To improve his chin. With a good chin, he might be the greatest fighter ever, although i suppose we would still have the lack of an inside game to pick on.

Anyway, i guess the long winded question, is what is your perception of Wlads chin and ability to take a punch since i presume you have seen him tested more than anyone else on here has.
Wlad can't train "how to react to punches 101" anymore, he's way too old for it.
After 140 amateur fights and 22 or so professional fights he got his first knockdown in boxing ever, he never learned how to react to punches and what it is to get hit.
And it wasn't until Corrie Sanders that somebody really tested his resistance out. (Purrity was Wlad gassing himself out)

You have to experience these things when you're still young and fluid, this weakness will never go away.

Ali didn't have the same kind of domination Wlad had early in his career so Ali knew how it was to experience tight and hard situations.
You become better with trial and error, not with having punchbags with 2 legs in front of you.

Last edited by obviousalt; 03-16-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #1476
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Wlad is a totally different fighter now than the one who fought brewster in 2004. Much better, MUCH better.
SuzieQ49 is offline  Top
Old 03-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #1477
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ49 View Post
Wlad is a totally different fighter now than the one who fought brewster in 2004. Much better, MUCH better.
much more cautious, not better
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Old 03-16-2013, 10:45 PM   #1478
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
The Brewster fight was wild. I've NEVER seen a top shelf heavyweight gas in 60 seconds. One minute, he's beating Brewster up, next minute, he can't breathe, he's eating big shots, and he looks like a zombie.

Wild fight.

Can't say I see it as a blueprint, honestly. It hasn't ever happened again.

Sounded like whining excuses at the time, but I think there might be something to Wlad's claims he was some kind of sick that night. I've not seen anything like that in my years in boxing. He was literally done, without eating a big punch, in the span of a half a minute.

And before anybody accuses me of bias, Lamon Brewster is a personal friend, Wlad is not. He was made of iron that night, and fought bravely, like a true champion. I still think he might have legit caught Wlad late in that fight.

he was throwing a lot of punches and Brewster still had some life in him even though he was dropped Vlad pushed and started to tire and then he got hit with a left hook, in that type of scenario Marciano would take him out IMO real Big guys like Lennox and Vlad don't recover well (a lot of body to recharge ) Vlad learned from that loss like Joe Louis learned from Schmeling.

I think the 1st Peter fight showed him a lot about himself and at this time he fights around his own weakness and is smart enough to not throw caution to the wind and pick the fruit before it is ripe. There may have been something funny about the fight but from my viewpoint getting hit when you are tired is the key in that fight. Vlad right now looks like a complete fighter and it also seems he adapted his style to his strengths and his weakness and that is something that a great fighter does. Marciano adapted to a 5"11 frame and short arms by being in the greatest condition a human can be in and he utilized his awkwardness and freakish power by attrition, stamina and determination, Vlad uses his brains, experience and size and from what i have been told he also has freakish power.

I am very big on Vlad right now and these next two years are going to be important for his legacy, he is the fittest and most experienced that he has been and IMO is prime but he did have fights in the past that he would have not survived Marciano dispite the size difference. At this point in time Vlad can hold his own with the best, Ali, Marciano, Louis,Foreman,Frazier, and Lewis, I am not saying he wins or loses that is speculation but he holds his own and on a given night wins
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 03-16-2013, 11:27 PM   #1479
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummy Davis View Post
he was throwing a lot of punches and Brewster still had some life in him even though he was dropped Vlad pushed and started to tire and then he got hit with a left hook, in that type of scenario Marciano would take him out IMO real Big guys like Lennox and Vlad don't recover well (a lot of body to recharge ) Vlad learned from that loss like Joe Louis learned from Schmeling.

I think the 1st Peter fight showed him a lot about himself and at this time he fights around his own weakness and is smart enough to not throw caution to the wind and pick the fruit before it is ripe. There may have been something funny about the fight but from my viewpoint getting hit when you are tired is the key in that fight. Vlad right now looks like a complete fighter and it also seems he adapted his style to his strengths and his weakness and that is something that a great fighter does. Marciano adapted to a 5"11 frame and short arms by being in the greatest condition a human can be in and he utilized his awkwardness and freakish power by attrition, stamina and determination, Vlad uses his brains, experience and size and from what i have been told he also has freakish power.

I am very big on Vlad right now and these next two years are going to be important for his legacy, he is the fittest and most experienced that he has been and IMO is prime but he did have fights in the past that he would have not survived Marciano dispite the size difference. At this point in time Vlad can hold his own with the best, Ali, Marciano, Louis,Foreman,Frazier, and Lewis, I am not saying he wins or loses that is speculation but he holds his own and on a given night wins
He's too one dimensional in my view for those guys.
SP_Mauler is offline  Top
Old 03-16-2013, 11:28 PM   #1480
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 191

delete that

Last edited by dinovelvet; 03-17-2013 at 08:02 AM.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #1481
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
Does that same fighter beat the Wlad who went on his run over the past seven years? In fact, that same fighter was KO'd by Wlad after the fact.

I still think that's the basic blue print. But add some speed, like that of Tyson, and you have a great recipe to beat him. Easier said than done, tho.
Dont be an idiot all your life , yeah? Brewster was brought out of injury induced retirement and was pushing 40 for the rematch. He was the purest definition of shot to shit....The win means nothing.......Haye would of went through that 7 year run of opponents without a loss....Sam Peter is the type of guy who would make Haye look like an all time great....Wlad was hanging on and running away for his life against him.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:30 AM   #1482
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

So magna is claiming Brewster landed nothing on Wlad?!
The guy is no different than the klit trolls at the end of the day, sorry to be harsh big guy but im just calling it how i see it.
There are multiple pictures from that fight showing Wlad getting his head twisted.
He was almost dropped by a jab.
A deaf man could of heard the thud of the body shot that took the wind out of him.
If you know box you'll know unlike head shots, body shots inflict damage that cant be recovered from.
Wlad took a major beatdown , no two ways about it.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:18 AM   #1483
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Quote:

Wild fight.

Can't say I see it as a blueprint, honestly. It hasn't ever happened again.

Sounded like whining excuses at the time, but I think there might be something to Wlad's claims he was some kind of sick that night. I've not seen anything like that in my years in boxing. He was literally done, without eating a big punch, in the span of a half a minute.

And before anybody accuses me of bias, Lamon Brewster is a personal friend, Wlad is not. He was made of iron that night, and fought bravely, like a true champion. I still think he might have legit caught Wlad late in that fight.
Brewster threw a big left hook to the body, i think it winded wlad and left him open.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #1484
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ49 View Post
i disagree. he's only fought one pressure fighter since in peter and he aint as good but did give wlad a lot of trouble.

not many worthwhile pressure fighters out there to be fair, arreola is all that comes to mind.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #1485
obviousalt
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
So magna is claiming Brewster landed nothing on Wlad?!
The guy is no different than the klit trolls at the end of the day, sorry to be harsh big guy but im just calling it how i see it.
There are multiple pictures from that fight showing Wlad getting his head twisted.
He was almost dropped by a jab.
A deaf man could of heard the thud of the body shot that took the wind out of him.
If you know box you'll know unlike head shots, body shots inflict damage that cant be recovered from.
Wlad took a major beatdown , no two ways about it.

Ofcourse, an ex professional wouldn't know how livershots feel.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum