Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #76
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 847
Default Re: K1 Final 8 - rescheduled for March 15th in Zagreb

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #77
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: K1 Final 8 - rescheduled for March 15th in Zagreb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
How badass was that? Crazy.

Cro Cop looked better with each fight tonight. Really happy for him, even if he probably should have lost the first fight. Perfect time to retire.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #78
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: K1 Final 8 - rescheduled for March 15th in Zagreb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Cro Cop measured it and re-measured it, and BOOM!
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:56 PM   #79
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 3,520
vCash: 500
Default Re: K1 Final 8 - rescheduled for March 15th in Zagreb

I'll be honest lads I didn't see it and I'm happy for the aging legend, but what does his win really say about the HW kickboxing scene?

Well to me it says nothing's changed, there is still a huge technical and competitive lack of depth in the division. Always has been always will be, the big boyz just ain't built for the sport like the little guys are!
boranbkk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:09 AM   #80
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 847
Default Re: K1 Final 8 - rescheduled for March 15th in Zagreb

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
I'll be honest lads I didn't see it and I'm happy for the aging legend, but what does his win really say about the HW kickboxing scene?

Well to me it says nothing's changed, there is still a huge technical and competitive lack of depth in the division. Always has been always will be, the big boyz just ain't built for the sport like the little guys are!
All (the vast majority) of the HW talent is with Glory, now.

It's plain to see if you just look at their two most recent GP's.

K1 Final - Cro Cop vs. Ismael Londt
Glory Final - Semmy Schilt vs. Daniel Ghita
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:19 AM   #81
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 3,520
vCash: 500
Default Re: K1 Final 8 - rescheduled for March 15th in Zagreb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
All (the vast majority) of the HW talent is with Glory, now.

It's plain to see if you just look at their two most recent GP's.

K1 Final - Cro Cop vs. Ismael Londt
Glory Final - Semmy Schilt vs. Daniel Ghita
I agree, but I'm talking about the division in general.

Big boyz really struggle with alot of basic techniques due to their oversized body mechanics. Very few big boyz have the gift of say a Hug or a Hari where they seem to have a similar level of coordination as the little guys. Most HW Kickboxers are very robotic, sluggish and unagile with very limited and ugly technique that wouldnt even pass for C grade in the lower divisions. Don't get me wrong i don't doubt their heart and fighting spirt and the excitement they can generate but why do you think the division gets dominated by the same old names decade after decade cos there just aren't that many big men around that can cut the mustard of top flight HW kickboxing, the division is and always will be bereft of any depth due to technical limitations of being a big boy.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:24 AM   #82
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 847
Default Re: K1 Final 8 - rescheduled for March 15th in Zagreb

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
I agree, but I'm talking about the division in general.

Big boyz really struggle with alot of basic techniques due to their oversized body mechanics. Very few big boyz have the gift of say a Hug or a Hari where they seem to have a similar level of coordination as the little guys. Most HW Kickboxers are very robotic, sluggish and unagile with very limited and ugly technique that wouldnt even pass for C grade in the lower divisions. Don't get me wrong i don't doubt their heart and fighting spirt and the excitement they can generate but why do you think the division gets dominated by the same old names decade after decade cos there just aren't that many big men around that can cut the mustard of top flight HW kickboxing, the division is and always will be bereft of any depth due to technical limitations of being a big boy.
That's all true. That's pretty well the case in all combat sports.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:39 AM   #83
aliwasthegreatest
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 994
vCash: 1000
Default Re: K1 Final 8 - rescheduled for March 15th in Zagreb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
That's all true. That's pretty well the case in all combat sports.
Yup, HW's tend to be sloppier and less able to pull off fancy techniques. This is true in MMA, Boxing, and Kickboxing. I love watching the HWs in K-1. They absolutely demolish one another when they connect.
aliwasthegreatest is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:24 AM   #84
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,697
vCash: 1166
Default Re: K1 Final 8 - rescheduled for March 15th in Zagreb

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
I'll be honest lads I didn't see it and I'm happy for the aging legend, but what does his win really say about the HW kickboxing scene?

Well to me it says nothing's changed, there is still a huge technical and competitive lack of depth in the division. Always has been always will be, the big boyz just ain't built for the sport like the little guys are!
I agree.
IMHO it was very good in the 90s with guys like Aerts and Hoost in their best days, but then it started to get bad....
Not bad, but itīs not like it was......
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #85
MrPook
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 593
vCash: 335
Default Re: K1 Final 8 - rescheduled for March 15th in Zagreb

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
I agree, but I'm talking about the division in general.

Big boyz really struggle with alot of basic techniques due to their oversized body mechanics. Very few big boyz have the gift of say a Hug or a Hari where they seem to have a similar level of coordination as the little guys. Most HW Kickboxers are very robotic, sluggish and unagile with very limited and ugly technique that wouldnt even pass for C grade in the lower divisions. Don't get me wrong i don't doubt their heart and fighting spirt and the excitement they can generate but why do you think the division gets dominated by the same old names decade after decade cos there just aren't that many big men around that can cut the mustard of top flight HW kickboxing, the division is and always will be bereft of any depth due to technical limitations of being a big boy.
Hoost
Aerts
Prime Cro Cop
Ignashov
Hari
Bonjasky
Hug

And these guys did not have the technique? Yeah right.. What they do have is on punch KO power.
MrPook is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:15 AM   #86
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 3,520
vCash: 500
Default Re: K1 Final 8 - rescheduled for March 15th in Zagreb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPook View Post
Hoost
Aerts
Prime Cro Cop
Ignashov
Hari
Bonjasky
Hug

And these guys did not have the technique? Yeah right.. What they do have is on punch KO power.
Your misreading what I've written. My point is most of the guys on that list are the exception to rule in the HW realm, above average coordinated freaks in a division largely bereft of talent that more regularly produces sluggish androids with childlike technique, hence the dominance and longevity of the names on your list going into decades. But the truth is if you compare a lot of those guys to guys at say 60 kilos the highly paid big name big boyz are on the whole technically inferior to the no name little guys who fight for a pittance!

And that's a myth, little guys have power too lots of it. Just ask Coban or Dekkers!
boranbkk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:16 AM   #87
TerryESB
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,389
vCash: 135
Default Re: K1 Final 8 - rescheduled for March 15th in Zagreb

Cro cop has been washed up for like 10 years and getting Ko'd all the time. I knew K-1 was overrated when Bob Sapp anhiliated the greatest K-1 fighter of all time in brutal fashion in 1 round twice.


And Alistair "chuck liddell Ko 1 victim" glass chin Overeeem winning ffs.
TerryESB is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #88
Kid Dynamite
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 234
vCash: 1000
Default Re: K1 Final 8 - rescheduled for March 15th in Zagreb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryESB View Post
Cro cop has been washed up for like 10 years and getting Ko'd all the time. I knew K-1 was overrated when Bob Sapp anhiliated the greatest K-1 fighter of all time in brutal fashion in 1 round twice.


And Alistair "chuck liddell Ko 1 victim" glass chin Overeeem winning ffs.
Well how about a fake WWE fighter becoming the UFC champion? I think that says a lot about the level of "beer and popcorn" UFC.
Kid Dynamite is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #89
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,153
vCash: 75
Default Re: K1 Final 8 - rescheduled for March 15th in Zagreb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryESB View Post
Cro cop has been washed up for like 10 years and getting Ko'd all the time. I knew K-1 was overrated when Bob Sapp anhiliated the greatest K-1 fighter of all time in brutal fashion in 1 round twice.


And Alistair "chuck liddell Ko 1 victim" glass chin Overeeem winning ffs.
It sure as shit wouldt happen in the lower weightclasses. Remember how Kid Yamamoto got put in his place? [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The heavyweights are simply less skilled then their MAX counterparts. Even still crocop couldnt get the GP in the 90's over the hill Cro cop gets their in 2013.

No one will deny that K-1 has been on a serious downslide over the years. The GP used to be one of the greatest combat events in the world.

Last edited by yaca you; 03-17-2013 at 03:22 PM.
yaca you is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #90
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: K1 Final 8 - rescheduled for March 15th in Zagreb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Dynamite View Post
It's a rumor, just as Miller being out was also one.

The last one confirmed his participation on facebook in the meantime.

Ben is also scheduled to fight Slowinski on March 23, maybe that makes things complicated for him. I really hope he fights in K-1, he's always entertaining.
Ben Edwards beat Paul Slowinski in Canberra by decision. The first of their 4 meetings to go the distance. The ledger now stands at 2-2.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013