Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 03-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #1
bigbeatbaby
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 150
Default Bradley, saved by the ropes?

I know there is a difference between using the ropes and having them save you.
It seemed as though TB was letting the ropes catch him out of choice some of the time to avoid danger, but on occasion I thought he should of had a standing 8 count for the ropes saving him.I know different sanctioning bodies have different rules on this so I might be talking nonsense.I couldnt help think it when watching. I think he would have been floored about 5 times if not for the ropes.
bigbeatbaby is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #2
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 3000
Default Re: Bradley, saved by the ropes?

Well, even when he was forced into a squatting position in the sixth, both feet were still planted on the canvas. And while he was staggered badly in the second round on a couple of occasions, he didn't fly back into the ropes in such way that indicated that he was going to crash onto his back had the strands not been there (i.e. he was still in a more or less upright position when his back hit the ropes).

The general rule to follow is this...if the sole of the fighter's boot remains planted more or less on the mat and another part of his body isn't in contact with the floor, then he's not down. An eight count could have been given on a couple of those occasions, but Russell didn't really blow a call by choosing not to do so.
Drew101 is online now  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 09:49 PM   #3
bigbeatbaby
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 150
Default Re: Bradley, saved by the ropes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew101 View Post
Well, even when he was forced into a squatting position in the sixth, both feet were still planted on the canvas. And while he was staggered badly in the second round on a couple of occasions, he didn't fly back into the ropes in such way that indicated that he was going to crash onto his back had the strands not been there (i.e. he was still in a more or less upright position when his back hit the ropes).

The general rule to follow is this...if the sole of the fighter's boot remains planted more or less on the mat and another part of his body isn't in contact with the floor, then he's not down. An eight count could have been given on a couple of those occasions, but Russell didn't really blow a call by choosing not to do so.
bigbeatbaby is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum