Old 02-16-2013, 02:07 AM   #541
ludwig
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev's professional career

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
To me, Pulev versus Cunningham and Jennings versus Chagaev or Pulev/Chagaev and Jennings/Cunningham would make for the best thing the IBF could possibly do with the situation they've been forced to work with. Jennings could fight for number 2, Pulev would be fighting for mandatory spot against Klitschko late 2013 or so. It would be great. Then, if he lost, he and Jennings could fight for the number one spot if he wanted it again.
Chambers says that he and USS and Jennings are friends and won't fight each other unless a title was on the line.

Cunningham would be a more suitable opponent for the final eliminator vrs. Pulev than Jennings. Either would be great if the fight is possible.

Interesting to see that Banks is high up there. Would be fun to see him in with Cunningham or Jennings.
ludwig is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2013, 05:27 AM   #542
Boxed Ears
ESB #1 Name Changer!
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludwig View Post
Chambers says that he and USS and Jennings are friends and won't fight each other unless a title was on the line.

Cunningham would be a more suitable opponent for the final eliminator vrs. Pulev than Jennings. Either would be great if the fight is possible.

Interesting to see that Banks is high up there. Would be fun to see him in with Cunningham or Jennings.
I knew Chambers and Cunningham were friends, I didn't know about Jennings. Banks, what a situation. The guy's the head trainer of the champion of the weight class that he is currently campaigning in and other under circumstances, I think we could've all seen him being offered a fight for the title after Mitchell. But, I really can't imagine a situation where he's stepping out of the former shoes of Steward to take on a fight that he will lose with as close to certainty as you're likely to get in this sport. He made some very up-in-the-air comments about it in an interview not long ago that made it sound like he would give it a go. But, I find it hard to imagine.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 03:20 AM   #543
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Looks like the winner of Fury/Cunningham? Pulev is very good fighter, will be very hard to beat................
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #544
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

Very good Pulev piece here.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Manning is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #545
Berliner
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 272

Pulev is the best contender!
Berliner is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2013, 06:27 AM   #546
Tyler_Durden
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

By the way the Strandja Cup finals took place on Saturday in Sofia and Kubrat came back from Germany to be in his brother's corner during his fights. He gave a short interview and said Sauerland are working on arranging his next fight, but there's still nothing official. He also said that many fighters they approached passed on the opportunity to fight him, including an Englishman (didn't say his name).
Tyler_Durden is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #547
freedom2013
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Anybody have any news on who Kubrat's next fight?

Will he be on the March 23 Sauerland card?
freedom2013 is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2013, 03:02 AM   #548
Tyler_Durden
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom2013 View Post
Anybody have any news on who Kubrat's next fight?

Will he be on the March 23 Sauerland card?
The information in my post (the one above yours) came from Pulev himself on Saturday. Nothing official yet.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:46 AM   #549
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
The information in my post (the one above yours) came from Pulev himself on Saturday. Nothing official yet.
I think the Englishman was most likely Chisora, then possibly Fury.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 02-27-2013, 09:29 AM   #550
WelshDevilRob
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1062

I can't see Chisora fighting him right now. 'Del Boy' is in the rebuilding process and looking to get his BBBoC license back.

I'm not surprised that fighters are turning Pulev down - I've been studying his fights and it will take only the best to beat him. Mind, his fighting style is not perfect and he can be guilty of not throwing enough punches but he is hard as nails and keeps coming.
WelshDevilRob is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #551
freedom2013
Belt holder
ESB Addict

We're now past mid-March, Kubrat has been inactive for many months now. I haven't seen anything about his next fight...

Anybody know what he's up to? Hopefully he won't just wait several more months for Fury, who will probably duck him anyway.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #552
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 116

Fury is a lot better than those stiffs Ustinov and Dimitrenko. Fury actually has decent footwork and knows how to box. Pulev will have his hands full with Fury thats for sure.
UnleashtheFURY is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #553
freedom2013
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnleashtheFURY View Post
Fury is a lot better than those stiffs Ustinov and Dimitrenko. Fury actually has decent footwork and knows how to box. Pulev will have his hands full with Fury thats for sure.
I just hope Fury will be willing to fight Kubrat. It's one of the most interesting matchups that can be made in the heavyweight division.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #554
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom2013 View Post
I just hope Fury will be willing to fight Kubrat. It's one of the most interesting matchups that can be made in the heavyweight division.
I think Fury is the real deal and isn't afraid to take a fight with anybody in the HW division. Should Fury get past USS(which he definitely will) I think Pulev/Fury is a sure thing.
UnleashtheFURY is offline  Top
Old 03-19-2013, 03:28 AM   #555
Tyler_Durden
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

TBH I'm getting worried about his inactivity. He's never been inactive for such a long time since turning pro 4 years ago. When Adamek ducked him, the IBF denied him the opportunity to make a voluntary defense of the EBU title as he was going to lose his status in the 4-man tournament. He'll probably have to wait for Fury/Cunningham, although this would be so wrong from the IBF.
On another note, Otto Ramin's Sauerland office was broken into last night. Several CDs with videos of fights have been shattered to pieces and a fire extinguisher has been used by the criminals to erase their imprints.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum