Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #1
BOYOVERTHEHILL
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 262
Default Tony Bellew V Isaac Chilemba

Cannot wait for this fight.I Genuinely think this is gunna be a *******.
Although I am a fan of Bellews and love his warrior mentality,I do have serious concerns here.
Chilemba is a real handful of trouble....
He has serious speed,decent power,decent jab which he likes to double and triple up on..very good foot work,good chin...and a big heart....and likes to throw a variety of shots from all angles.
At 25 years old I think the guy is the next big thing at light heavy and I expect him to beat the bomber quite convincingly
A draw with oosthauisan is an indication of this fellas talent and I think he is coming for a fight and is seriously underrated by the majority.
Good luck to both chaps....****ing superb 50/50 fight!!!
BOYOVERTHEHILL is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Tony Bellew V Isaac Chilemba

i'v seen a couple of his fights and he looks solid but nothing out of the ordinary, i still reckon he has enough to beat bellew. Mainly because i don't rate him that highly.
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2013, 06:17 PM   #3
Bronxbull666
The Beast From The East
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

I think Bellew takes it on late stoppage after out-boxing and frustrating Chilemba.
Bronxbull666 is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2013, 06:40 PM   #4
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 416

Chilemba's a very solid fighter from what I've seen of him. Looks like he can do a bit of everything like box on the backfoot, come forward and slug it out and dig in his heels when he's hurt. I wouldn't be surprised if Tony knocks him down but I would be impressed if he can stop him, Chilemba's proven he can recover from being hurt.

As long as Tony gets his tactics spot on and doesn't try to do too much of one thing then he should win this. He shouldn't just rush forward looking for the KO or stand off on the back-foot for too long, use all his attributes and get it all to click like he did against Clever;y. Chilemba's a good boxer who can make it awkward but only if you let him. Come on Tony!
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2013, 06:50 PM   #5
Tony Bellew
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I'm happy with what I'm reading.. People think this is a 50/50 fight, I'm happy with that cos that's what I'm in boxing for.. Come a week Saturday we'll see how good I am.. The other thread on me is pathetic but eh I'm not everyone's cup of tea

Main thing is, this is a hard fight and I can't wait to get into that ring next week! Appreciate your support once again guys.. Thank you
Tony Bellew is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #6
somebody
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

This is a tough fight for Tony, Chilemba is no mug. I really can't pick a winner, possible edge to Tony, but I can also see Chilemba winning
somebody is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #7
smegmaa
Undefeated Champ
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bellew View Post
I'm happy with what I'm reading.. People think this is a 50/50 fight, I'm happy with that cos that's what I'm in boxing for.. Come a week Saturday we'll see how good I am.. The other thread on me is pathetic but eh I'm not everyone's cup of tea

Main thing is, this is a hard fight and I can't wait to get into that ring next week! Appreciate your support once again guys.. Thank you
True make or break fight this Tony. As long as you're on your jab and landing frequently with it, doubling and trebling it - I don't see 85% of 175lb fighters dealing with it tbh. I see Chilemba can be fairly easily backed up onto the ropes and looks for the left or right hand over the top.
smegmaa is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #8
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Is it true you're also fighting Bob Ajisafe on May 25th after this ons Tony? Lots of websites saying so.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #9
wallworkjake123
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Tony has just commented on the thread so cue all the comments saying Bellew by KO lol.

Don't know much about Chilemba so not going to make a prediction, should be a great fight.
wallworkjake123 is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #10
pikecubic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

All the best mate, gonna be a belter!
pikecubic is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2013, 06:51 PM   #11
Tony Bellew
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
Is it true you're also fighting Bob Ajisafe on May 25th after this ons Tony? Lots of websites saying so.
All I'm interested in is March 30th pal.. This could potentially be a very damaging fight so would be foolish to say I'm boxing on May 25th.. I live and breath this business and believe next Saturday Is a fight were I am going to have to go to the well.. Hope that clears things up
Tony Bellew is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2013, 07:12 PM   #12
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648

Bellew has ridiculously powerful fists but as I don't think his skill is quite there. He can be out-boxed and his chin isn't the best either, mainly because he is so big at tthe weight in my opinion. Never seen Chilemba so I can not comment on who will win but on paper it looks a close one but Bellew has home turf which is a massive advantage in the pro game.

I enjoy watching Bellew but personally don't seeing ever becoming a top world champion, perhaps a short title run if he lands a one punch KO on someone but who knows I was wrong about Froch.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2013, 07:16 PM   #13
cheekyvid
Detroit, I shall return.
ESB Addict

vCash: 4289

I think Bellew can box very decently, as he showed vs Cleverly, his skills are there but it does my head in when he looks to load up although to be fair he seems to be well out of that habit lately. Tough fight IMO
cheekyvid is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2013, 07:17 PM   #14
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648

Quote:
All I'm interested in is March 30th pal.. This could potentially be a very damaging fight so would be foolish to say I'm boxing on May 25th.. I live and breath this business and believe next Saturday Is a fight were I am going to have to go to the well.. Hope that clears things up
I'd be interested to see that one. Think you'd win but Jon-Lewis and Travis Dickinson were telling me that Ajasif was simply phenomenal in his last fight.

By the way I did a bit of training with Kevin Smith and Tony Challinor in the summer. Both said they'd done a bit of training with you and Tony told me you KO'd some really highly regarded Puerto Rican champion in under a minute in the amateurs. Was a funny story.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #15
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
So basically yes if all goes well on the 30th, you just don't want to confirm it because it's not quite set in stone yet and could easily change. That's fair enough. As you said though Tony mate, all focus on Chilemba and the 30th right now. This bloke is no mug whatsoever, give him an inch and he'll take a mile.

Hopefully we all see you get it done on the night, just don't give us anymore bloody scares like that cut you got last time!
PaulieMc is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum