Boxing News 24 Forum
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 03-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #1
pugilisticteen
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Video of my second amateur bout

So I had my second bout or what could have been my third. After getting beat bad in my first im please with my performance, it was close but I personally feel I won and others did too, I was much more busy than my opponent but let it slip when I was gassed in the third round. But everytime I perform it motivates me to get better, so my fitness will be great next time. Ive only been boxing for 6 months, and its my passion, I want to make a career out of it. Ive come so far in only 6 months, and I nearly won but owell ive got time. My coaches believe in my ability apparently, so hopefully I cant get far. My opponent has been boxing for a year and a half and has had 3 fights with 2 wins. Heres the fight, im the the yellow...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I know a couple things im doing wrong, letting my right hand wander into the middle of my face leaving me open for hooks and also leaning in when tired. BTW my nose bleeds EVERYTIME I box, im getting it cauterized this week and it popped in round 3 as you can see, I think thats why I got a standing count as I cant see why else. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK! Thanks.

Last edited by pugilisticteen; 03-20-2013 at 10:54 PM.
pugilisticteen is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2013, 12:26 AM   #2
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 202
Default Re: Video of my second amateur bout

I thought you looked great for a second fight, you'll definitely make something of it if you keep in the gym.

Your movement was really a strong point. You can get even better on this by consciously cutting off the ring. You do it a few times, just do it constantly. A lot of the time you seem to catch yourself following him.

Change the angle and keep punching. You had him turning for much of the fight, you can capitalize on this by turning him or pivoting off and hitting him.

Fitness can always get better, the only reason you lost was because he had a lot more in the tank at the end.

Your defense could use a lot of improvement. You'l find you open up a lot more offensive opportunities that way, and not getting hit is a plus. Work on keeping the right hand at home to catch jabs and block hooks. Head movement needs work too.

To be honest though, keep doing what you're doing and listen to your trainer. My overall impression was "Looks way better than 2 fights."
KillSomething is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2013, 08:12 AM   #3
captain hook
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1794

mooree jabbing!!! double it up
captain hook is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2013, 11:16 AM   #4
oskari

Looks good. One question though: why are you bouncing around so much in the first round? Nerves? Every step and move you make should have a purpose. Bouncing around when out of range only spends energy you need for the third round. Yes, moving is good and makes or breaks a fighter, but you need to move with purpose.
oskari is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #5
pugilisticteen
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillSomething View Post
I thought you looked great for a second fight, you'll definitely make something of it if you keep in the gym.

Your movement was really a strong point. You can get even better on this by consciously cutting off the ring. You do it a few times, just do it constantly. A lot of the time you seem to catch yourself following him.

Change the angle and keep punching. You had him turning for much of the fight, you can capitalize on this by turning him or pivoting off and hitting him.

Fitness can always get better, the only reason you lost was because he had a lot more in the tank at the end.

Your defense could use a lot of improvement. You'l find you open up a lot more offensive opportunities that way, and not getting hit is a plus. Work on keeping the right hand at home to catch jabs and block hooks. Head movement needs work too.

To be honest though, keep doing what you're doing and listen to your trainer. My overall impression was "Looks way better than 2 fights."
Thanks mate I agree completely, in the 6 months ive been boxing ive advanced through so quickly its hard to remember everything at once when in action so hopefully they will become second nature, changing angles and cutting off the ring are two things my coach is big on me practicing, he always tells me to make sure I take the centre of the ring and jab, which I think I did for most the fight. Im working on my fitness now, I want to be able to do 6 rounds sparring before tiring so im fully fit for 3 round boxing. And yes my defense does need improvements, now im going to keep my right hand solid next to my chin and hopefully I wont get so scrappy when my fitness is better, once again thanks for the tips!
Old 03-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #6
pugilisticteen
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain hook View Post
mooree jabbing!!! double it up
definitely!!!
Old 03-22-2013, 05:11 PM   #7
pugilisticteen
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by oskari View Post
Looks good. One question though: why are you bouncing around so much in the first round? Nerves? Every step and move you make should have a purpose. Bouncing around when out of range only spends energy you need for the third round. Yes, moving is good and makes or breaks a fighter, but you need to move with purpose.
Very true, It was just to be unpredictable but ill keep the range thing in mind, thsnks!
Old 03-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #8
Tar Baby
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 430

Well done for only 6 months of Boxing.
Tar Baby is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing