Old 03-21-2013, 05:02 PM   #1546
obviousalt
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 6860
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolutely! View Post
Haye's hardly a special talent, or at least he hasn't shown us enough to make that statement anything more than hyperbole. He's fast, explosive, and has decent reflex timing. On the other hand he's prone to bouts of sloppiness, is overly wild in finishing, has pretty awful stamina and beneath all the flash and dazzle quite ordinary boxing skills. He's like a Jean Pascal/Andre Berto type fighter, and a lot more beatable than he appears. Of course, against the right kind of opponent he looks like a million bucks.

Rocky would grind him down for a late stoppage win I think, unless Haye gets on his bicycle all night or catches him with something monstrous (an uppercut most likely, in an unlikely scenario).
It's very possible Haye stops him early.

Or he boxes him to a boring UD.

Or Marciano stops him after 6

Haye did show some improved conditioning in the Chisora fight (to counter his stamina)
obviousalt is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #1547
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Haye's hardly a special talent, or at least he hasn't shown us enough to make that statement anything more than hyperbole. He's fast, explosive, and has decent reflex timing. On the other hand he's prone to bouts of sloppiness, is overly wild in finishing, has pretty awful stamina and beneath all the flash and dazzle quite ordinary boxing skills. He's like a Jean Pascal/Andre Berto type fighter, and a lot more beatable than he appears. Of course, against the right kind of opponent he looks like a million bucks.

Rocky would grind him down for a late stoppage win I think, unless Haye gets on his bicycle all night or catches him with something monstrous (an uppercut most likely, in an unlikely scenario).
Wow. That is a stupendous post.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #1548
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by obviousalt View Post
It's very possible Haye stops him early.

Or he boxes him to a boring UD.

Or Marciano stops him after 6

Haye did show some improved conditioning in the Chisora fight (to counter his stamina)
Do one.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #1549
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Quote:

totally agree
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #1550
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP

Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
vCash: 1139

i like bashing haye so i'll jump in here...i'm with luf that he's got some talent...fast, explosive, good power. on the downside he hasn't been anyone, at all. he got dominated in cartoonish manner by wlad (or not dino) and lost every second of every round against the only elite fighter he ever faced.

he looks good and he is flashy and with the right coach could have turned that into something. but as it stands, absolutely and flea are right imo that his technique and skill set is so amateurish he really peaked as a top 10 heavy who could talk to his way to top contender
Jorodz is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #1551
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorodz View Post
i like bashing haye so i'll jump in here...i'm with luf that he's got some talent...fast, explosive, good power. on the downside he hasn't been anyone, at all. he got dominated in cartoonish manner by wlad (or not dino) and lost every second of every round against the only elite fighter he ever faced.

he looks good and he is flashy and with the right coach could have turned that into something. but as it stands, absolutely and flea are right imo that his technique and skill set is so amateurish he really peaked as a top 10 heavy who could talk to his way to top contender
I'm skeptical that Haye could have become much more than what he was. I think he more or less knew his limitations and worked with them as much as possible, which generally involved avoiding skilled boxer punchers and using his mouth and a rabid fanbase to leapfrog him to lucrative title fight opportunities. Which isn't to say that he couldn't have done things the hard way and not succeeded, but that a steady diet of the sorts of guys Wlad fought would have seen him losing at some stage.

Chambers, in my opinion, would have badly embarrassed him.
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2013, 09:38 PM   #1552
Boxed Ears
Irony Himmler
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Well, I'm none too gay, laddies, but I would not mind seeing Flea and Luf do a touch of snoggery, just now. Adding I seem to be in the middle on Haye, as I don't think he's particularly special or nearly as flawed as all that. A bit of a B to B+ type. Very good at best, yet definitively not great at all. I'd add to that addition that SNV is his baby's Godfather and with Sugar's blessing Haye is the lineal people's champion while Sugar is the linear people's champion emeritus. Also, Marciano KO1 Volo, then gets KO'1 by Frazier. Why? It's what I'm feeling. Dig it.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 02:34 AM   #1553
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

A touch of snoggery
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 02:46 AM   #1554
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Mental.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #1555
The Mighty One
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

The weight difference between Klitchko and Marciano is the same as between Marciano and Yuriokis Gamboa. All great fighters but why even consider the matches?
The Mighty One is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 06:08 PM   #1556
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty One View Post
The weight difference between Klitchko and Marciano is the same as between Marciano and Yuriokis Gamboa. All great fighters but why even consider the matches?
cause people are dumb...they think the size differential between fighters ends in 1952 and before that, all fighters are better regardless of size and physics (physics being a ***** that wouldn't have lasted 5 rounds in benny leonards era and only 2 in rocky's era)
Jorodz is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #1557
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 239

Gamboa couldn't hurt anybody above LHW. Guys that small cant generate enough power.
Punching a bodyweight of 190 pounds and above is enough to to drop a man of any size and weight.
Those two heavys who just fought tonight couldn't crush a grape and would of been absolutely shattered by Rocky.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #1558
KOTF
Bingooo
East Side Guru

vCash: 66874

The only thing missing in this thread is Inquisitive posting in it.
KOTF is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 07:02 PM   #1559
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
To be fair, the size difference between men means less the higher the weight, so Wladimir and Rocky is nothing compared to Rocky and Gamboa.
true but there is still a limit to this. i would still compare it to the difference between dwight qwai vs julian jackson. or michael spinks vs marvin hagler. or even nigel benn vs sugar ray leonard...when leonard was a welterweight.

would anyone doubt the outcome to any of these matches? even the latter? leonard at 147 was P4P a much higher fighter than benn but the size difference would/could well spell doom for leonard.

the same here: the size difference may/probably/is too big to compensate
Jorodz is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 07:09 PM   #1560
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

There is also the fact that Wladmir is leagues ahead of Rocky in boxing skill, which for me, makes the difference here.

Not only that, but at this point Wladmir has become the greater fighter.
Seamus is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum