Old 03-01-2013, 03:55 AM   #77
The Jackal
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 86
Default Re: John Wayne Parr comeback is official

Cheers for putting that up Spider.
I'll be getting a ticket for sure.
I've seen Arron Goodson and Eric Miskle before, they're both great to watch, genuine good guys with real talent, i really hope they both can win convincingly on the night, and keep up their great work.
JWP for the Main Event.
I'm happy, how the **** couldn't you be ??
Melbourne loves the gunslinger.
The Jackal is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 03:44 PM   #78
The Spider

vCash:

John Wayne Parr recent pad session in preparation for Fadi Merza >>>

BORKED
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #79
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
John Wayne Parr recent pad session in preparation for Fadi Merza >>>

BORKED
Thanks Spider.

I've never seen POV padwork video before, pretty cool. That elbow that flew in......didn't see that coming!

Actually the old boy still looks pretty sharp. His lead leg is top quality, got Thailand stamped all over it, the speed he gets it up and round in multiple quick fire bursts not easy..........pure quality. I thought his power leg looked slow and heavy though. Looks like it wasn't a particularly serious pad session with little intensity, probably winding down a full's day training, so maybe I'm reading into it a little too much.

Anyway good to see him back "Throw another euro on the barbie mate!" Poor Fadi....

By the way I didn't see the GSP vs Diaz fight, had no access to it here. As he's had JWP over to spar and train as well as around 6 moths training with Thai badass Lamsonkram any noticeable improvement in GSP's stand up?
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 03-19-2013, 07:54 AM   #80
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
Thanks Spider.

I've never seen POV padwork video before, pretty cool. That elbow that flew in......didn't see that coming!

Actually the old boy still looks pretty sharp. His lead leg is top quality, got Thailand stamped all over it, the speed he gets it up and round in multiple quick fire bursts not easy..........pure quality. I thought his power leg looked slow and heavy though. Looks like it wasn't a particularly serious pad session with little intensity, probably winding down a full's day training, so maybe I'm reading into it a little too much.

Anyway good to see him back "Throw another euro on the barbie mate!" Poor Fadi....

By the way I didn't see the GSP vs Diaz fight, had no access to it here. As he's had JWP over to spar and train as well as around 6 moths training with Thai badass Lamsonkram any noticeable improvement in GSP's stand up?
That kind of camera shot does provide a whole new perspective all right. The old guy's still got it too
Old 03-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #81
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

GSP was clobbered once Boran, and took one hard dig to the body.

Apart from that he totally dominated at range, mainly with the jab (and superman), in a typical GSP performance. That was after dominating Nick on the mat with positional control, until the later rounds when GSP faded and Nick was able to stuff some of the champ's takedown attempts.

A bit of kicking, but not much, didn't open up. He looked more of a Ronnie Green type

You'd enjoy the Hendricks-Condit fight though. Exciting on both feet and ground and multiple clean flying knees from Condit.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2013, 12:58 AM   #82
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
GSP was clobbered once Boran, and took one hard dig to the body.

Apart from that he totally dominated at range, mainly with the jab (and superman), in a typical GSP performance. That was after dominating Nick on the mat with positional control, until the later rounds when GSP faded and Nick was able to stuff some of the champ's takedown attempts.

A bit of kicking, but not much, didn't open up. He looked more of a Ronnie Green type

You'd enjoy the Hendricks-Condit fight though. Exciting on both feet and ground and multiple clean flying knees from Condit.
Thanks Flea, as ever a clear fight analysis. I'll try to find the Condit fight.

Ronnie Green type.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2013, 02:08 AM   #83
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Thought you'd like that.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2013, 02:41 AM   #84
globeman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1300

Speaking of Aussie Muay Thai guys why hasnt Nathan Corbett chased bigger fights. Does anyone have the inside scoop ??
globeman is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2013, 06:25 AM   #85
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by globeman View Post
Speaking of Aussie Muay Thai guys why hasnt Nathan Corbett chased bigger fights. Does anyone have the inside scoop ??
I know very little about Aussie MT, Pira, Spider and Jackal are your guys.

I'd reckon its probably something to do with his weight class.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2013, 08:04 AM   #86
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
I know very little about Aussie MT, Pira, Spider and Jackal are your guys.

I'd reckon its probably something to do with his weight class.
Nathan Corbett is a heavyweight with a record that reads something like 57 wins from 60 contests. He has won a string of world titles. But whether he's fought the best of the best or not is beyond my knowledge.

PIRA? Jackal?
Old 03-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #87
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by globeman View Post
Nathan Corbett IMO is the epitome of a how a higher weight class MT fighter should be.

He has decimated the cruiserweight class - there is no one who has looked competitive with him. apart from Spong. Take note of the fact that Tyrone Spong specifically ruled out fighting Corbett with elbows in their fight in direct contravention of WMC rules, Corbett went down twice and still KO'd Spong in the next round with excellent advice from his corner and instantly changing his fight plan and going southpaw. No coincidence that Spong went up in weight after that.

His elbow KO's are plentiful and brutal. See here

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

There is not one MT fighter at CW past or present that can match his record nor I believe beat him and I can only find competitive hypothetical matches at CW with past greats under K-1 rules, pre-prime Hoost being the main one.The fact that he has won a K-1 HW tournament (92kg is his maximum weight) and not having his best weapons speaks volumes.
PIRA is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #88
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Also judging at this show. Show is looking great, undercard is stacked, been training with Ali Abbas and Aaron at Powerplay who are in great form for the show. Anyone going say hello.
PIRA is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 12:58 AM   #89
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRA View Post
Nathan Corbett IMO is the epitome of a how a higher weight class MT fighter should be.

He has decimated the cruiserweight class - there is no one who has looked competitive with him. apart from Spong. Take note of the fact that Tyrone Spong specifically ruled out fighting Corbett with elbows in their fight in direct contravention of WMC rules, Corbett went down twice and still KO'd Spong in the next round with excellent advice from his corner and instantly changing his fight plan and going southpaw. No coincidence that Spong went up in weight after that.

His elbow KO's are plentiful and brutal. See here

BORKED

There is not one MT fighter at CW past or present that can match his record nor I believe beat him and I can only find competitive hypothetical matches at CW with past greats under K-1 rules, pre-prime Hoost being the main one.The fact that he has won a K-1 HW tournament (92kg is his maximum weight) and not having his best weapons speaks volumes.
Good post.

Big fan of Corbett he has a very aggressive style thats fun to watch. He had a fight recently where he stoped his opponent with an elbow in the first round .

About that fight with sponge;It was clear that even without the elbows Corbett beat Sponge in their match a few years ago. Corbett didnt realize the fight had been stopped and tried to finish his opponent when he had him hurt. It was a mess.
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 02:38 AM   #90
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaca you View Post
Good post.

Big fan of Corbett he has a very aggressive style thats fun to watch. He had a fight recently where he stoped his opponent with an elbow in the first round .

About that fight with sponge;It was clear that even without the elbows Corbett beat Sponge in their match a few years ago. Corbett didnt realize the fight had been stopped and tried to finish his opponent when he had him hurt. It was a mess.
Yep - complete **** up from the ref. That's what happens when you get an actor to ref fights instead of professionals.

The Clifton Browne elbow KO is one of the best - you would swear there must be a grassy knoll gunman out in the crowd.
PIRA is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum